PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2017 Training Camp - Day 14 (8/16/17) [2nd Joint Practice with the Texans]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right because I've made like 3 posts saying I disagree. Wow. What a nightmare.

Well again you missed the whole point. You are disagreeing about something that was never said. hahahaha

To be honest I haven't even tracked a single play of his. But now that's it's on my radar I'm going to pay a little more attention next game. Could be one of those out of nowhere guys.

I beg your pardon! Maine is not "Nowhere"!

Okay, so, yeah, Nowhere is just around the corner, but still ...

Anyway, aside from his 4.78/40, Bates (6020/247) had pretty good testing numbers, including a 1.57/10yd and a 6.75 3-cone. And he's apparently got a chip on his shoulder about being overlooked.

That's a classic Andy in Wonderland's rabbit hole response.
No it's a classic accuracy matters response.

BB didn't make those exact comments rather someone else did and therefor Patsboy's original post of attributing Cannon's improvement to Scar's return is false???
BB made no comment ever saying he was out if shape. BB made no comment ever saying he played with a lack of technique.
How can showing BB said he has never not been in shape and someone else commenting on his technique equal BB saying those things?

No you don't.

Personally I can see how he interpreted, from memory, being in better shape into not being in shape the year before. And I can also see how he interpreted Scar's statement of not using his hands and long arms properly into poor technique. IOW, he didn't make things up as you implied.
If he said he thought those things or remembered something about it, no issue
He didn't he says BB said them.
That is making something up because BB didn't say that.

You can justify it all you want but he did not say those things which is EXACTLY what I called him out about.

But I think you're pissed off because those comments, regardless of how he interpreted them, caught you off guard. You got caught with your pants down Andy and had to desperately spin the argument from who's responsible for Cannon's improvement to whether BB said out of shape or better shape. Nice try btw.

How in the world am I caught off guard by someone making something up?
If that is his opinion about Cannon that's fine he is entitled to it.
But that's not what he said. I am not ouased at all I am actually laughing at people trying to defend how BB not saying something means he said it.
I'm not sure where you think I even entered an argument about whether those comments would even be accurate because I didn't. That discussion never started

Anyways to answer the question I think Patsboy correct in that Scar had to a lot to do with Cannon's technical improvement, Cannon healed up and worked his ass off, and BB was happy that Cannon showed up in better shape. That was the original disc

And I give the player credit for what the player accomplished and see no need to make things up in order to try to take that credit away. End of story.

Well again you missed the whole point. You are disagreeing about something that was never said. hahahaha
Umm the entire discussion was that hogan could be traded because he is easier to replace than amendola.

Umm the entire discussion was that hogan could be traded because he is easier to replace than amendola.

Umm, no it wasn't. Missed again.

No it's a classic accuracy matters response.

BB made no comment ever saying he was out if shape. BB made no comment ever saying he played with a lack of technique.
How can showing BB said he has never not been in shape and someone else commenting on his technique equal BB saying those things?

No you don't.

If he said he thought those things or remembered something about it, no issue
He didn't he says BB said them.
That is making something up because BB didn't say that.

You can justify it all you want but he did not say those things which is EXACTLY what I called him out about.

How in the world am I caught off guard by someone making something up?
If that is his opinion about Cannon that's fine he is entitled to it.
But that's not what he said. I am not ouased at all I am actually laughing at people trying to defend how BB not saying something means he said it.
I'm not sure where you think I even entered an argument about whether those comments would even be accurate because I didn't. That discussion never started

And I give the player credit for what the player accomplished and see no need to make things up in order to try to take that credit away. End of story.

Great googly moogly

I can't believe you just threw the "end of story" smackaroo at me.

Andy and "End of Story" have never existed in the same universe.

You could take an argument over the size of a bull's horns, twist spin a drag us all the way to the bull's ass and turn the whole argument into bull ****.

Classic Andy.

Great googly moogly

I can't believe you just threw the "end of story" smackaroo at me.

Andy and "End of Story" have never existed in the same universe.

You could take an argument over the size of a bull's horns, twist spin a drag us all the way to the bull's ass and turn the whole argument into bull ****.

Classic Andy.
Not my fault you can't comprehend and decide to keep this going.

They put him in various positions. He held the edge both left and right effectively. He dropped back in coverage as the mike (I think) and he covered up a RB coming out in the flat decently.

But it was a preseason game. I didn't see any bad plays but wasn't really focused on him either.

Bates wasn't good in the first game... He made Freeny look All-Pro, imho..

wow. looks like deal done. before rivers even took the plane BB has his new edge guy. BB the coach saving BB the GM .. or is it vice versa? . can't remember anymore..

Screen Shot 2017-08-17 at 02.29.31.png

yep. looked weak, hesitant, couldn't stop the run, lost in traffic. good to hear positives today in coverage, rushing and ST. will have to show something in games though..

Uh huh. So Scar mentioning Cannon not using his length to his advantage isn't in reference to technique? And Bill saying he is in better shape isn't an inference that he wasn't in the best shape before?

If it isn't...

Is Brady in better shape now than he was 5 years ago? Just put it in that context. Think long and hard about it.

Not my fault you can't comprehend and decide to keep this going.

I know Andy. It's frustrating when people don't agree with you and twist your innocent words into nefarious meanings.

I can sympathize.

Btw: I thought you said "End of Story". :D

Just do what a quite a few people have started doing and put him on the ignore list for a few weeks. The quality of life on this forum increases substantially.

Weeks.. My life has been better since ignoring him totally. It's been YEARS..

Last edited:

OK. I didn't focus on him at all unfortunately. I was focused on the DE's , C. jones etc.... A Butler popped out during the first few plays so I focused on him a little.

But I'm going to pay attention to Bates this week. Bedard had some nice notes on him.

Umm, no it wasn't. Missed again.

Oh really because it's pretty much word for word
Hogan is easier to replace than Amendola. Cooks and to some extend Mitchell can take over Hogan's routes whereas apart from Edelman there is nobody that can do Dola's job. It is that easy.

I know Andy. It's frustrating when people don't agree with you and twist your innocent words into nefarious meanings.

I can sympathize.

Btw: I thought you said "End of Story". :D
did BB say publicly that he was out of shape and lacked technique?
That was the discussion.

He did not.
I'm sorry you cannot accept that is the end of the story and I'm kinda having fun watching you have 2 separate arguments in one thread where you can't understand what people say is actually defined by what they say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots