PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2017 Training Camp - Day 14 (8/16/17) [2nd Joint Practice with the Texans]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thank you for leaving it at that. The FACT is that even BB talks about him playing with lack of technique AND being out of shape in 2015 before the injury. I'll take his word for it over yours, though you definitely know it all. LOL
Link?

You're welcomed to search for it yourself, buddy. I don't need to indulge ya. I know what I watched. If you're incredulous, that's your problem. I've never once stated something that wasn't true just to prove a point. Being right all the time is not that important to me and neither is continuing this. :D

You're welcomed to search for it yourself, buddy. I don't need to indulge ya. I know what I watched. If you're incredulous, that's your problem. I've never once stated something that wasn't true just to prove a point. Being right all the time is not that important to me and neither is continuing this. :D
Clearly. I will quit this board if you can show me Bill Belichick saying Cannon "played with a lack of technique AND was out of shape before the injury in 2015".
Since I know that won't happen, I'll just chalk it up to you saying something you kinda think you might remember (and are wrong about) and call it FACT.
Here is your perfect opportunity to prove me wrong, and send me packing.

Clearly. I will quit this board if you can show me Bill Belichick saying Cannon "played with a lack of technique AND was out of shape before the injury in 2015".
Since I know that won't happen, I'll just chalk it up to you saying something you kinda think you might remember (and are wrong about) and call it FACT.
Here is your perfect opportunity to prove me wrong, and send me packing.

BB did talk about his conditioning prior to the start of the '16 season.
In his pregame interview on 98.5 The Sports Hub, Bill Belichick highlighted something that has caught his eye: Cannon's conditioning.

"I'm sure you noticed in training camp how fit he looks. He's really in good shape. This is the best condition he's been in since he's been here," Belichick said. "Not that he's ever been in bad condition, but I'd say he's in real good condition now, and I think that's certainly helped his overall play and stamina."

With eye on opener, Bill Belichick's approach a notable contrast to Cards

And here is Scar talking about his technique via Pats Pulpit.

"His arms are really long, but he doesn't use them like a guy that has long arms needs to use them. The more you keep the defenders out and away from you, instead of letting them get into your body and grab things, the better off you're going to be at tackle. He seems to grasp that very well and embrace it. If he will continue to play that way, he'll be fine. And he has been fine."

Marcus Cannon's new deal proves that the Patriots DO pay their talent

So he wasn't 100 percent correct, yet he was about 90.

Guy would play there first IMO.
If we started the season without Wise, Rivers and Ealy, I would expect a rotation of Flowers playing the bulk of the snaps, with Guy (early downs) McClellin and Van Noy and possibly Grissom. If Butler made the team he could be a Guy sub, or inside rusher on 3rd down.

Maybe you would get your Hightower wish as well.

Wrong by as much as you can be. Without Amendola the 4 top WRs would play. Without Hogan, Amendola would have to play.
Hogan is better. The idea that Amendola has a role other than WR5 is inaccurate.

I didn't say he had a role other than WR5. I said I understood Luuked's argument and like how he looked at the WR corp as a whole. It was interesting.

Each wide WR position influences the next. Slot, Mid range and Deep receivers pressure the defense differently. Which position is more important? Which WR position receives the most targets? Which would be more difficult to replace?

You can say that one is more important than the other but the fact is that each position adds critical value to the WR corp as a whole which means there isn't any completely right or wrong in the matter although I'm leaning towards the slot receiver rather than a deep threat. But it's nice to have both.

FTR: I do think Amendola's role is valuable to the team. I won't say more or less valuable than Hogan's.

I do find it humorous that we've reduced a player's value to snap counts. Although every snap Amendola had may have been some of the most clutch snaps played during that game. AND had more receptions and yards than Hogan. And had a clutch as **** TD, a 2Pt con, and converted a 4th and 3.

I think we can agree ( actually with you I'm not sure) that both Amendola and Hogan delivered in a big way during that game.

Both add value to their positions and the team.

BB did talk about his conditioning prior to the start of the '16 season.
In his pregame interview on 98.5 The Sports Hub, Bill Belichick highlighted something that has caught his eye: Cannon's conditioning.

"I'm sure you noticed in training camp how fit he looks. He's really in good shape. This is the best condition he's been in since he's been here," Belichick said. "Not that he's ever been in bad condition, but I'd say he's in real good condition now, and I think that's certainly helped his overall play and stamina."

With eye on opener, Bill Belichick's approach a notable contrast to Cards

And here is Scar talking about his technique via Pats Pulpit.

"His arms are really long, but he doesn't use them like a guy that has long arms needs to use them. The more you keep the defenders out and away from you, instead of letting them get into your body and grab things, the better off you're going to be at tackle. He seems to grasp that very well and embrace it. If he will continue to play that way, he'll be fine. And he has been fine."

Marcus Cannon's new deal proves that the Patriots DO pay their talent

So he wasn't 100 percent correct, yet he was about 90.
Frankly that doesn't come close to BB saying he played with a lack of technique or was out of shape.
He literally said NOT THAT HE HAS EVER BEEN IN BAD CONDITION

And Scar's comments are a complement.

He seems to grasp that very well and embrace it. If he will continue to play that way, he'll be fine. And he has been fine."

The claim was that BB said he lacks technique and is out of shape.
Comments about being in shape and discussions by the OL Coach about his technique isn't 5% of that, much less 90.

I didn't say he had a role other than WR5. I said I understood Luuked's argument and like how he looked at the WR corp as a whole. It was interesting.

Each wide WR position influences the next. Slot, Mid range and Deep receivers pressure the defense differently. Which position is more important? Which WR position receives the most targets? Which would be more difficult to replace?

You can say that one is more important than the other but the fact is that each position adds critical value to the WR corp as a whole which means there isn't any completely right or wrong in the matter although I'm leaning towards the slot receiver rather than a deep threat. But it's nice to have both.

FTR: I do think Amendola's role is valuable to the team. I won't say more or less valuable than Hogan's.

I do find it humorous that we've reduced a player's value to snap counts. Although every snap Amendola had may have been some of the most clutch snaps played during that game. AND had more receptions and yards than Hogan. And had a clutch as **** TD, a 2Pt con, and converted a 4th and 3.

I think we can agree ( actually with you I'm not sure) that both Amendola and Hogan delivered in a big way during that game.

Both add value to their positions and the team.
To be less valuable than a better player at your position does not mean you suck.

To be less valuable than a better player at your position does not mean you suck.

Are you still stuck on player vs player? hahahaha

Too funny.

Frankly that doesn't come close to BB saying he played with a lack of technique or was out of shape.

He seems to grasp that very well and embrace it. If he will continue to play that way, he'll be fine. And he has been fine."

Comments about being in shape and discussions by the OL Coach about his technique isn't 5% of that, much less 90.

BTW: You seeing 5% when everyone else sees closer to 90% is classic Andy. Patsboy didn't make anything up and it's easy to see how he interpreted that into what he said.

If you read between the lines..you know very well he was saying Cannon wasn't the in the greatest shape without flat out coming out and saying it. Just by saying not that he was in bad, but is better now is saying he wasn't in the best shape previously.

Also, nice cherry picking of Scars ending comment. Purposefully left out the part about not using his arms to his advantage. Again, I'd say that's technique.

These are connections that a 1st grader can easily make.

BTW: You seeing 5% when everyone else sees closer to 90% is classic Andy. Patsboy didn't make anything up and it's easy to see how he interpreted that into what he said.

Yup. I'd say he should self ban himself for the rest of the preseason at the least.

I just read from bedard that David Harris got picked on a lot today

To be fair, I thought 90% was ridiculous as well.

To be fair, I thought 90% was ridiculous as well.

Sure that's fair but I can see how Patsboy interpreted that into what he posted. IOW, he wasn't making things up which is what was implied.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe