PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2017 Training Camp - Day 13 (8/15/17) (Joint Practice with the Texans)

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is nobody on the board who doesn't want Ealy to flip the switch and play up to his potential.

There are a fair number of people here who dont think that what he has done so far warrants a roster spot. We are 3 weeks away from the regular season starting, there is not much time for him left to string together good practices to the point where you can say he had a good camp. One good day now and then is not enough.
Your first sentence is a bold statement. Congratulations on your sweeping, intimate knowledge of hundreds of us and our feelings and opinions. You're one lucky fella!;)

Not really. Brady played poorly or just average in his playoff losses. Plus:

10 - they barely beat the Packers without Rodgers
11 - awful defense
12 - 0-3 against BAL and SF
2010 was an awful defense, too. That **** show was just masked by turnovers. When they couldn't generate a turnover, it was lights out.

Texas has actually had a pretty mild summer this year.

I'm sure it was planned out well in advance of the summer. Plus I bet WV is still cooler than Texas. Just today, for example:

High of 86 in Wheeling, WV
High of 93 in Houston, TX

I'm sure 93 in Houston is mild for this time of year. But it's still a lot hotter than WV.

Your first sentence is a bold statement. Congratulations on your sweeping, intimate knowledge of hundreds of us and our feelings and opinions. You're one lucky fella!;)

Unless you hold a personal grudge or ran around with torches last weekend what reason is there not wanting him as a player of the Patriots to succeed ?

Why are you putting Curran into the same pile of **** as Felger or Borges ? He seems to me like one of the most rational beat reporters in NE. What did I miss ?

Yea I didn't delineate between the two kinds and instead I merged them. I like Curren a lot. What I was trying to imply how Curren evolved from solid beat reporter into an entertaining TV personality while still doing a good job reporting by staying true to his journalistic roots. He has depth and you need that to maintain credibility.

Clearly Felger and Borges went from beat guys to complete contrarians. However, with Felger there is no denying he has been successful in making that transition because he is ****y, has personality but also has depth. He owns this market and it's not even close.

I think Giaradi is trying to be that reporter + contrarian combo but the problem is he sucks as a reporter, is not knowledgeable or has any depth whatsoever. Hes basically a fraud.

As much as I hate the guy, I give Tanguay credit as the other day on EEI he admitted that he made the choice to go to the dark side as he was canned from TSH, didn't get the Pats gig and was offed as Celtics pre/post host. He needed to change his on-air persona to get a job.

Unless you hold a personal grudge or ran around with torches last weekend what reason is there not wanting him as a player of the Patriots to succeed ?
I'm wishing him nothing but the best, so I can't answer your question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News