PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2017 Training Camp - Day 13 (8/15/17) (Joint Practice with the Texans)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No offense but why do you claim that Mitchell has the knees of a 46 year old man??

Mitchell tore his ACL in 13. Then he had a knee strain at the end of last year.. More than 3 years after the ACL surgery..

With the pounding they take running sprints, practice, training etc ?

No offense but why do you claim that Mitchell has the knees of a 46 year old man??

Mitchell tore his ACL in 13. Then he had a knee strain at the end of last year.. More than 3 years after the ACL surgery..
My knees hurt .

:p

Texas has actually had a pretty mild summer this year.

The heat index was 108 today. I work outside and would rather it be 100 degrees with 1/2 the humidity. I finished work around 4pm and my Columbia fishing shirt was as wet as if I went swimming in it.

It was a weird game in the elements, strong wind, BB decided to punt in Baltimore territory twice if I recall correctly.
NE had the ball inside what would normally be considered FG range (35 yard line), seven times. As we know, they only came away with 13 points.

Bedard noting that Rivers looks different/more comfortable & impressed today. Butler had two sacks/TFLs as well.

This is great news. I figured his head was prob spinning early on. Youngstown State to The New England Patriots. He's a humble, team first guy so it's expected.

I'm so psyched we have him. Lots of "pass rush" guys wanted him.

Buffalo: Boldin indirectly talking about trading away Sammy Watkins.

There’s definitely not that diva mentality in our receiver room,” Boldin said. “We have guys that are willing to do whatever it is that the coaches ask, whether that be blocking, running a clear-out route or going across the middle, taking a big hit and making a catch.

“We have guys that are willing to do whatever it takes. That’s the kind of guys that you want to work with, work along side of, because with the game on the line, you can count on them.”

PFT

NE had the ball inside what would normally be considered FG range (35 yard line), seven times. As we know, they only came away with 13 points...
…due in no small part to the 3rd-down play-calling, which was generally garbage throughout the game.

This is great news. I figured his head was prob spinning early on. Youngstown State to The New England Patriots. He's a humble, team first guy so it's expected.

Oddly enough, YSU has more connections than one would think.

Bo Pelini, Jim Tressel, Josh McDaniels' brother coached at a local high school (last I checked), and Belichick himself is certainly familiar with the area having recently bought all new equipment for one of the local high schools (Struthers) + having lived there for awhile when his dad worked for Youngstown Sheet and Tube.

They also have had a very successful run of championships and championship caliber playoff runs over the years. Obviously, a step back in competition due to the smaller school, but there are certainly some reasons to see why they poked around.

It is good news. Early reports were Rivers doing ok but being a typical rookie. Looks like something might have clicked for him. Still a ways to go but any progress or improvement is goodness

He could have been hit. I don't remember.

Hit or no hit he should have caught this ball. Hell it was easier than the one in the SB.

The brainfart of a playcall before halftime where we had 1st & 10 at the Baltimore 10 with 26 seconds and a timeout and could only get one play off will always haunt me. Together with this Welker drop it could have been 20:7 at least if not 24:7.

Years of therapy undone. Thanks.

Succeeding.

There is nobody on the board who doesn't want Ealy to flip the switch and play up to his potential.

There are a fair number of people here who dont think that what he has done so far warrants a roster spot. We are 3 weeks away from the regular season starting, there is not much time for him left to string together good practices to the point where you can say he had a good camp. One good day now and then is not enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back