PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2017 Training Camp - Day 11 (8/8/17) [2nd Joint Practice with the Jaguars]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting but confusing read as from listening to those covering practice, both Waddle n particularly Fleming have been struggling
Neither one are really all that great, particularly with Fleming at LT, so I certainly agree that we'd be in trouble without Nate Solder.

Here's hoping that Garcia can develop quickly.

Well makes sense to take it down several notches. This will be more a curiosity than news worthy.

Interesting but confusing read as from listening to those covering practice, both Waddle n particularly Fleming have been struggling. Even last night I heard somewhere that should Solder go down there'd b problems

Not surprising that idiot reporters base what would happen in the season on week 2 one-on-one drills. I think people forget how Solder missed the first game last year and Fleming came in and did a solid job.

Which btw you heard the "there would be problems" from Hart and Giardi, two idiots that probably watch the OL drills for 30 seconds at a time

Last edited:

That is nice. I will assume they plan to do a one day contract before training camp is over so he can retire a Patriot.

They're having his retirement press conference this afternoon so I would assume that will happen then.

lets add walkthrough attendance here . Burkhead, Lengel new absentees
lots of work for Jacoby Hollister tomorrow

pity not to see Rex, Garcia, JO, D Jones tomorrow

interestingly Mitchell not listed so he might have a snap or two

Have a feeling this game will ex-nay on all the starters. Like I said about Solder I'm cool if they use only the one game to have the starters in. I think we've seen enough in what they can do.

How the **** do you defend that?

The only formula known to stop Brady is to rush 4 and lockdown the receivers. The closest teams that can do this are Den, NYG and Seattle. Seattle's secondary is great but their pass rush is just ok. Same thing with NYG (I don't see 4 great pass rushers, only JPP and Vernon). Denver has Miller, Wolfe, Ray, as well as their steller secondary.

Neither one are really all that great, particularly with Fleming at LT, so I certainly agree that we'd be in trouble without Nate Solder.

Here's hoping that Garcia can develop quickly.

Huh. I thought that Fleming had really taken a step up last year, I thought he was a complete no-brainer to make the team. Interesting that he is struggling so much at camp, maybe he hasn't improved as much as I thought.

• Agree
Reactions: jah
Garcia starting at left tackle is the nightmare scenario. He needs a time of work.

Huh. I thought that Fleming had really taken a step up last year, I thought he was a complete no-brainer to make the team. Interesting that he is struggling so much at camp, maybe he hasn't improved as much as I thought.
I'd still have him making the team, but then again, I didn't expect Waddle to make the cut, either, so who knows? Looking like it may be more of a battle than we expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News