PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wild card weekend game thread: Colts @ Texans

sb1

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
As we know if HOU wins then we know our opponent next weekend.

Season series split and the road team won both times, Hou won 37-34 in OT September, Colts took the rematch in Indy 24-21.

Colts have a below average run game but a very good passing game to exploit a Texans defense ranked 28 vs the pass.

TY Hilton’s wonky ankle is worth paying attention to.

This will be a good one. No idea who comes out on top.

Hilton's health is the key to the game. If Hilton is healthy, there will be a shootout which the colts may win. If Hilton is not, this is an easy win for HOU. To put it another way, if HOU doesn't need to double Hilton, they have a much better chance against the pass.

TY Hilton’s wonky ankle is worth paying attention to.

Hilton's health is the key to the game. If Hilton is healthy, there will be a shootout which the colts may win. If Hilton is not, this is an easy win for HOU. To put it another way, if HOU doesn't need to double Hilton, they have a much better chance against the pass.
Agreed. Hilton was also DNP on Wednesday and Thursday. That is a significant amount of practice to miss.

Last edited:
Oddsshark's survey shows HOU -1 to HOU -2, with most places now settled in at -1.5.

Moneyline on HOU is -120 to -135.
Moneyline on INDY is +115 to +105.

What's the deal with Hilton? Did he make the mistake of coming back too early and playing thru an injury?

The current weather prediction for next Sunday in Foxboro is high of 37 with rain and snow. I want that 10 degrees colder and all snow. Don't care who we play at that point.

Indy was running it a lot better towards the end of the season. I give them a shot if Hilton is healthy.

The current weather prediction for next Sunday in Foxboro is high of 37 with rain and snow. I want that 10 degrees colder and all snow. Don't care who we play at that point.

So, you think that we're strongly favored against BALT in cold weather?

So, you think that we're strongly favored against BALT in cold weather?

Exactly. Playing in snow and cold against a top-3 defense and the strongest ground game in the NFL for the past 7 weeks? Not particularly favorable for the Pats.

Exactly. Playing in snow and cold against a top-3 defense and the strongest ground game in the NFL for the past 7 weeks? Not particularly favorable for the Pats.

The Patriots have shown a tendency over the years of knowing how to play and prepare for the snow. I don't follow the Ravens nearly as closely but I don't recall them playing a snowy game. I also doubt Harbaugh has quite the preparation for those circumstances Bill does.

The Patriots have shown a tendency over the years of knowing how to play and prepare for the snow. I don't follow the Ravens nearly as closely but I don't recall them playing a snowy game. I also doubt Harbaugh has quite the preparation for those circumstances Bill does.

A snowy track still favors the stronger running game, so it can only add an advantage for the Ravens offense, regardless.

Tell me how well Jackson's going to be able to cut in the snow, and I'll tell you whether or not I like the idea of a snow game against the Ravens.

I been saying HOU wins the game but I dunna know anymore. Solid cases can be made for both teams.

Wind and rain...especially wind...screw up a passing game. Snow? Advantage passing game. Brady and the receivers know where they are going. Defense has to react in the slippery field. Has Brady ever not had a big passing game in the snow?

Tell me how well Jackson's going to be able to cut in the snow, and I'll tell you whether or not I like the idea of a snow game against the Ravens.

You make a fair point but I'd say Jackson is tough to defend no matter the conditions. Slowing down the Ravens pass rush and making their aggressiveness a negative works in favor of the Patriots offense. If Brady has 3+ seconds every time he drops back they'll spread them out and use the short passing game.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back