PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wild card weekend game thread: Colts @ Texans

Exactly. Playing in snow and cold against a top-3 defense and the strongest ground game in the NFL for the past 7 weeks? Not particularly favorable for the Pats.

Passing game for us in the snow has been effective historically

I disagree, it's all about who the snow favors. It clearly favors the Patriots because the aggressive Ravens defense will have to slow down whereas the slower but more disciplined Patriots defense won't be as affected and will play their gaps against Jackson with less slippage than their Raven counterparts.

We'll see.

Really, my whole point was, "Be careful what you wish for."

I don’t worry about the Ravens or any team based on what they did half a decade ago against us.

Ed Reed and Ray Lewis aren’t walking through that door. They also haven’t beaten us once in 6 years.

Yep...bad weather rarely assists the reactionary and when it does its typically lack of execution or a slip on a cut. Snow definitely helps straight/one cut down hill running and the dink and dunk pass game.

I like our run game's chances in the snow as well.

Sony might be good in snow. Runs low and sorta glides. His cuts aren't particularly sudden, just well-timed and smooth. OTOH, Edelman's jump-cuts might not work as well in snow.

We'll see.

Really, my whole point was, "Be careful what you wish for."

I'm rooting for snow and the Texans followed by snow and the Chargers. :p

But if we have the Ravens I'll take our chances with snow.

6ea_ap03120701185.jpeg
chicago.jpg
New-England-Patriots-Rodney-Harrison-Interception-Indianapolis-Colts-2004-AFC-Championship.jpg
1018_terrible-titans-1000x785.jpg

So, you think that we're strongly favored against BALT in cold weather?

They are both dome teams. Chargers are warm weather. The Pats can handle any of these teams at Gillette.

I would say colte but I can’t pronounce it. We will be seeing Houston

Did they kick Booger off that contraption for the playoffs? NYJFL* doing a solid for fans in the stands? I'm shocked!

Pats won't lose to anyone at Gillette.
That being said, Houston is a much weaker opponent than either LA or Balt.
I also think those 2 teams are better than Indy and more capable of knocking off KC.
So I'm pulling for Houston.

I’m rooting for whatever outcome (this game & others) that assists NE advancing to SB LIII.
Same here. I think the Texans & Colts are the two weakest teams in the entire postseason field, so I'd rather the winner play the Patriots. Thus Go Texans.

While both Baltimore and LA can win in KC, I like LA's chances more, so Go Chargers.

NFC: tired of the Foles magic, so go Bears.
Cowboys vs. SeaHags no preference

If I were betting money, though, I go with Colts, Chargers, Bears, Cowboys

Heard an interesting stat:

No team that’s played in the SB has played/ won a road playoff game since 2012. Seems crazy. If I’m wrong, I’m sure one of you will correct me.

Last edited:
Someone on Yahoo picked Bears over Pats in SBLIII. Not too many brackets out there look like that one...

Heard an interesting stat:

No team that’s played in the SB has played/won a playoff game since 2012. Seems crazy. If I’m wrong, I’m sure one of you will correct me.

?
Did you mean to write " No team that's played the Patriots...".

If the Ravens get to Foxboro the talk about how we should be scared of them because of how they competed with us a half decade ago will be nauseating.

Even though it should not be. The Ravens are not nearly as good as they were then.
Ray Lewis and Ed Reed were the reason those games were so tough. They're gone. 2014 playoffs don't mean squat. All playoff teams are tough outs.

Indy is significantly better than Houston. I don’t think this will be close.

?
Did you mean to write " No team that's played the Patriots...".
Typing too fast. Meant to say “played/won a road playoff game since 2012.”

Indy is significantly better than Houston. I don’t think this will be close.

If Hilton was healthy, I'd agree.
From what I've read, he's gimpy.
I think Houston wins a close one.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes