PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wild card weekend game thread: Colts @ Texans

Agree with both of you...ColtsBolts...:rolleyes:

Agreed. Hilton was also DNP on Wednesday and Thursday. That is a significant amount of practice to miss.

I think the big issue is he's played the last few weeks with the bad ankle and played well up until he seemed to get hurt again last sunday night.

It's not really about whether snow favors one offense over the other. It's whether snow provides an advantage over a defense.

How strong has the Pats defense been against the run in neutral conditions? How strong has the Ravens ground game been in neutral conditions?

What happens when you add snow?

I disagree, it's all about who the snow favors. It clearly favors the Patriots because the aggressive Ravens defense will have to slow down whereas the slower but more disciplined Patriots defense won't be as affected and will play their gaps against Jackson with less slippage than their Raven counterparts.

I’m taking Indy and the Chargers.

The Chargers are the best road team in the league this year. Beat the Chiefs in KC, Steelers in Pitt and Seahawks in Seattle. If they can win in those places they’re more than capable of winning here too.

They’re probably the team I’d want to see the least next week in Foxboro.

If the Ravens get to Foxboro the talk about how we should be scared of them because of how they competed with us a half decade ago will be nauseating.

Even though it should not be. The Ravens are not nearly as good as they were then.

Last edited:
If the Texans win then i'll be feeling confident of getting to the AFCCG, just can't picture Bill O'Brien winning a playoff game at Gillette.

If the Ravens win the talk about how we should be scared of them because of how they competed with us a half decade ago will be nauseating.

Even though it should not be. The Ravens are not nearly as good as they were then.
Agreed

Lamar Jackson would get destroyed in Foxboro all rookie QBs have in the BB era

The patriots have a huge advantage in snow games. Brady has never lost one. We also were undefeated after a December loss.

I want us to play the Chargers at home, in the title game.

The Chargers are the best road team in the league this year. Beat the Chiefs in KC, Steelers in Pitt and Seahawks in Seattle. If they can win in those places they’re more than capable of winning here too.

They’re probably the team I’d want to see the least next week in Foxboro.

It's not really about whether snow favors one offense over the other. It's whether snow provides an advantage over a defense.

How strong has the Pats defense been against the run in neutral conditions? How strong has the Ravens ground game been in neutral conditions?

What happens when you add snow?

Yep...bad weather rarely assists the reactionary and when it does its typically lack of execution or a slip on a cut. Snow definitely helps straight/one cut down hill running and the dink and dunk pass game.

I like our run game's chances in the snow as well.

The patriots have a huge advantage in snow games. Brady has never lost one. We also were undefeated after a December loss.

The part in bold is incorrect (see 2002).

I'll take my chances.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back