PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wild card weekend game thread: Seahawks @ Cowboys

Nothing would please me more to see the Seahawks pull this game out of their asses and see Jerrah's face after it.
I thought his celebration was a bit early, I thought about Arthur Blank there.

What was THAT?

What the hell was that. Lol

Losing their kicker really bit them in the ass

What in the holy **** was that?

What kind of kick was that.. lol

Really? What the **** was that? I mean I have never kicked before but I will have just kicked it hard at the defense and hope for a scramble.

Re Allen Hurns injury- I had what looks like a twin injury 6 years ago- I fell off a horse (although I rode dressage as a teen,I hadn’t been on a horse in 8 years) I hit the ground with my right leg, when I lifted my leg off the ground, my ankle was hanging down- looked like it had literally broken off. Broke my fibia in two places, tore all the ligaments in my ankle & fractured the ankle in 3 places-had a titanium rod with 11 little screws in my leg, 4 large titanium screws in my ankle- I had the 4 large screws removed but still have the rod- I was able to jog, jump rope & run 6 months after surgery. The only difference was its appearance (its slightly “thick” looking :() & I cannot bend it enough to wear 4+ inch heels.
If Hurn has as great of a surgeon as I did, he’ll probably be back- could be early-mid season.
One nasty side effect- I’m in my early 30’s & it developed early onset arthritis. It randomly swells & stiffens, but doesn’t keep me from working out, running, etc.

How can they not believe the punter can try an onsides kick? No way it could go worse than THAT

Re Allen Hurns injury- I had what looks like a twin injury 6 years ago- I fell off a horse (although I rode dressage as a teen,I hadn’t been on a horse in 8 years) I hit the ground with my right leg, when I lifted my leg off the ground, my ankle was hanging down- looked like it had literally broken off. Broke my fibia in two places, tore all the ligaments in my ankle & fractured the ankle in 3 places-had a titanium rod with 11 little screws in my leg, 4 large titanium screws in my ankle- I had the 4 large screws removed but still have the rod- I was able to jog, jump rope & run 6 months after surgery. The only difference was its appearance (its slightly “thick” looking :() & I cannot bend it enough to wear 4+ inch heels.
If Hurn has as great of a surgeon as I did, he’ll probably be back- could be early-mid season.
One nasty side effect- I’m in my early 30’s & it developed early onset arthritis. It randomly swells & stiffens, but doesn’t keep me from working out, running, etc.

You were lucky, good for you.

Oh well, on to Sunday.

That should have been a nail biter ending. Instead phantom call by the refs on a critical 3rd down against the seahawks. It's the playoffs for crying out loud.

I now have a financial stake in Dallas winning.

I had Dallas -2. I didn’t win because Janinkowski got hurt and instead of kicking a FG or XP at the end like they normally would have, they went for TD and 2 point. So I pushed. I hate gambling.

FWIW, the new kickoff rules begun this season have made the successful onside kick a near impossibility since the kickoff team can’t get a running start like they used to.

If you can do a drop kick, can’t you kind of angle it pretty high in the air maybe 20 yards from LOS? Maybe that’s what they were trying to do but didn’t get under the ball enough?

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back