PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wild card weekend game thread: Seahawks @ Cowboys

FWIW, the new kickoff rules begun this season have made the successful onside kick a near impossibility since the kickoff team can’t get a running start like they used to.

Can't have onside kicks at the end of games ruin the NFL's biased outcomes.

Why is the board sentiment that they wanted the Seahawks to win? Hating the Cowboys is fairly obvious, but I’d think the hate for the bandwagon millennial tools would be greater.

If you can do a drop kick, can’t you kind of angle it pretty high in the air maybe 20 yards from LOS? Maybe that’s what they were trying to do but didn’t get under the ball enough?
I think he was trying to boot it high in the air for a jump ball, but it got too much distance.

Dang these lower tier NFC teams woulda be fun to play

Yikes. So this was a real bad beat for Vegas.

(Or a great great one, idk)

Nobody cares,
Lol, I realize you’re not following my train of thought- but I was on Instagram & someone posted a clip of his injury- my slightly drunk self decided to post about it.
Don’t be so f****g uptight.

FWIW, the new kickoff rules begun this season have made the successful onside kick a near impossibility since the kickoff team can’t get a running start like they used to.

Not quite an impossibility, but the success rate is definitely much lower: I think it went from about 22% last year to about 10% this year.

Lol, I realize you’re not following my train of thought- but I was on Instagram & someone posted a clip of his injury- my slightly drunk self decided to post about it.
That break made me wince. I wish I hadn't seen it. Glad you're recovered.

I had Dallas -2. I didn’t win because Janinkowski got hurt and instead of kicking a FG or XP at the end like they normally would have, they went for TD and 2 point. So I pushed. I hate gambling.

I thought from your earlier post you had them on the moneyline, hence my response. What hurt you had my Seattle +2.5 come through.

Why is the board sentiment that they wanted the Seahawks to win? Hating the Cowboys is fairly obvious, but I’d think the hate for the bandwagon millennial tools would be greater.

I despise the 12's as much as the next football fan but there are a lot fewer of them, whereas there are a crapton of obnoxious cowgirls fans.
My rooting interest was purely mercenary. I had Seattle +2.5

I despise the 12's as much as the next football fan but there are a lot fewer of them, whereas there are a crapton of obnoxious cowgirls fans.
My rooting interest was purely mercenary. I had Seattle +2.5

Seeing the Cowboys win and the salt from Giants and Eagles fans seems just fine to me personally. I can’t stand Jerry Jones or the constant overhype of the team, but other than that, I’d be glad to see them win a SB. Huge bonus: they’d tie the Steelers for the most rings, and no team is more hateable or fan base more arrogant than the Steelers.

Maybe someone didn't recover from their betting losses quite as well as your ankle...
I get where you were coming from when you saw the injury. I snapped mine to where my big toe was pointing at 7 o'clock and I too winced hard when I saw the injury tonight.

Entertaining game. I did not think Dallas had it in them,,

That break made me wince. I wish I hadn't seen it. Glad you're recovered.

I saw it on the live shot. I saw it replayed when the TV guys hadn't yet figured it out. It didn't look any better the second time. I hope he has a full recovery, but I think Theisman every time I see that double ankle look, if you know what I mean.

I had Dallas -2. I didn’t win because Janinkowski got hurt and instead of kicking a FG or XP at the end like they normally would have, they went for TD and 2 point. So I pushed. I hate gambling.
Damn. That sucks, man. The bad boy of kickers let you down in a big way. Hey, at least you pushed though.

Guess I was wrong.

And no XLIX rematch. :cool:

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes