PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What do we want to see at Training Camp

That was his first year with the team. He was a first year ‘personnel assistant’ which, yeah, not much more than a coffee boy. He was 24.
B.T.W. every coach ever has started as the coffee boy.

So? What on earth has that got to do with anything?
Your making my point....who cares how he started the 1st year, what was he to the offense is my point.

Your making my point....who cares how he started the 1st year, what was he to the offense is my point.
You implied he was a crucial ingredient in 6 SB wins. He wasn't.

You are delusional. Its ok. I understand, your right. Useless as tits on a bull. Ask coach Bill if he trusts Josh's insite's on offense?
it's not its. You're not your. insights, not insite.

The Pats playbook existed long before McDaniels (goes back to the Erhardt-Perkins system) and it will go on long after he's gone. If Josh was so awesome, btw, why did so many posters here hate him so much? (Not me btw, I liked him ok, although he did get a little too cute at times. But I don't think it's the end of the world that he left either.)

I'm mainly talking about beating above avg teams

They are an above average team because not many teams beat them. Above average teams beat mostly below average teams plus some other above average teams. That is how a team gets its average. That is all normal. Not sure what your insight is.

They are an above average team because not many teams beat them. Above average teams beat mostly below average teams plus some other above average teams. That is how a team gets its average. That is all normal. Not sure what your insight is.
And they were very close to beating two more of those above-average teams. The breaks fall their way vs Dallas and Tampa and it's a totally different story.

And they were very close to beating two more of those above-average teams. The breaks fall their way vs Dallas and Tampa and it's a totally different story.
A different story for message board posters?

The team would have been the same. The would likely have still lost their first playoff game.

The team would have been the same. The would likely have still lost their first playoff game.
That's a narrative that there is an unknowable side of until next season, that is, its predictive value via th significance of The Great Collapse last season. It sure looked like we were ALWAYS going to get destroyed by the Bills. Because, that's what happened, so yeah, that is true. But were we worse than we COULDA been by season's end? God forbid, did we just play over our heads before the bye? Stay tuned.

To answer the question of what we want to see in CAMP... one thing I'd like to see is ONE guy show "#1 receiver" potential. I'd love to see 1 guy showing evidence that he can be the upside for other teams to be afraid of, paired with an improved Mac Jones.

The unspoken supporting point is I'd like to see all our usual receiver suspects in ready-for-the-season form at least.

I'd like to see the secondary look seriously great, because it's seriously in question. Same with the front 7, I won't lie. We won't answer either question until games begin to be played. What a team. In New England, the Joneses keep up with YOU.

I'd like a great final season w the Pats for Damien Harris, but that's not really a camp question.

Oh yeah and I'd like to see Jonnu Smith clearly grasping everywhere he is supposed to be and everything he is supposed to do and everything he is supposed to grasp, the football included. An no dropoff for Hunter Henry.

Different story in that instead of 'they were 3 and 7 against 'good' teams, they would have been 5 and 5, which kind of kills that storyline. And actually is fairly indicative of the truth. They were a good team, a playoff team, but a bottom-tier playoff team. One and done is pretty much exactly where they should have been, and is fine considering a rookie (real rookie) QB and a large number of changes on the team.

Different story in that instead of 'they were 3 and 7 against 'good' teams, they would have been 5 and 5, which kind of kills that storyline. And actually is fairly indicative of the truth. They were a good team, a playoff team, but a bottom-tier playoff team. One and done is pretty much exactly where they should have been, and is fine considering a rookie (real rookie) QB and a large number of changes on the team.
They were the hottest team in the league entering December. Then they collapsed and we're a terrible team vs Buffalo. Everyone gets to guess which of those teams they will be more like this year. Most fans here can only seem to remember the awful ending.

They were the hottest team in the league entering December. Then they collapsed and we're a terrible team vs Buffalo. Everyone gets to guess which of those teams they will be more like this year. Most fans here can only seem to remember the awful ending.
You mean that we'll find out whether we'll have late season injuries, and then "collapse"?

Getting a winning % by having a 1.000% against <.500 teams & a terrible .272% against >.500 teams is exactly how those teams get blown out in the playoffs. They're pretenders.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back