PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Victor Cruz: Pats want NO PARTS of NYG if we (both) were to make SB LI

Status
Not open for further replies.
This has gotten absolutely embarrassing. I guarantee that if the historical tables were reversed, there would never be these types of threads on any Giants forums.

With heavy assistance from the refs in a couple of them

The Giants are the team that least worry me in the NFC this year. Would rather face them and Detroit then any other team in the Superbowl.... Anything but Seattle,greenbay and Dallas.

I agree except for GB. We would torch the defense and limit their O

Giants have to travel to SEA, GB or DET, correct? They will have a tough enough time surviving the wildcard round.

(Can ATL fall to the 4 seed?)

To get to the SB NYG would likely have to beat GB, SEA and DAL all on the road. Tall order.

Why is it that everyone outside NE just assumes the giants will win another SB against us based on the past? This isn't even close to the same offense that won the super bowl for them in 2011 - they had Hakeem Nicks, Cruz, Ahmad Bradshaw and on defense Tuck, Umenyiora, etc. They are a completely different team and so are we. My goodness.
They are using the exact same logic that people use when discussing past results with the Steelers.

They have improved upon some of the names you mention above. Now it's guys like Vernon, Harrison, JPP, DRC, and Jenoris Jenkins on defense.

In the end, I doubt that they win three games on the road to even get there, but they're also a team who has beaten DAL twice, so they do pose a threat in some capacity.

I'd sign up for Pats vs Giants part 3 tomorrow if you guaranteed me the Pats were making the Super Bowl.

History means nothing when it comes to big playoff games, the narrative was Peyton Manning could never beat Tom Brady in big games then he beat him in the AFC Championship 3 times in a row, it's all down to which team performs better on the day.

The Giants won 2 close games that could of gone either way, the Pats won a close game that could of gone either way last year.

I'm not scared of the Giants because of 2 games.
I think you hit the nail on the head when pointing out the irrelevance of past results, particularly in the postseason.

I do think the concern with facing the NYG goes beyond "just" 2 games that you suggest, however. They were up 11 late in the regular season finale in 2007, beat them in the SB, beat NE twice in the 2011 season, and lost on a 55 yd FG from Gost in the final seconds last season. By my count that's the last 5 games where the Giants have played us very tough.

I think you hit the nail on the head when pointing out the irrelevance of past results, particularly in the postseason.

I do think the concern with facing the NYG goes beyond "just" 2 games that you suggest, however. They were up 11 late in the regular season finale in 2007, beat them in the SB, beat NE twice in the 2011 season, and lost on a 55 yd FG from Gost in the final seconds last season. By my count that's the last 5 games where the Giants have played us very tough.

True Tom Coughlin isn't the coach any longer, he had a good handle coaching against his old friend Bill Belichick.

As to some of the losses there were tough games OTOH Brady suffered a high ankle sprain the week before the 2007 SB and dislocated(?)a shoulder in the 3rd qtr in the 2011 SB after setting a SB record for consecutive completed passes, wasn't the same the rest of the game.

If Brady is injured the chances of the Pats winning against anybody diminishes. A;though Jimmy G seems to be the best backup to Brady since Bledsoe.

Eh, there is a world of difference between Tim Coughlin coaching the Giants and Discount Haircut McAdoo. If it's Pats/Giants 3, we'll deal with it then.

Also if it's Pats/Giants 3, Victor Freaking Cruz is pretty low on the worries chart. I'd be much more worried about OBJ and Shepard. And the RB's. And the TE's.

As for Cruz....What an idiot...90% of the players on this Patriots team weren't even around 5 years ago.....we're on to Miami..can't think about the Superbowl when there is still many games to play just to get there. The Giants can look ahead all they want....they will find themselves watching it on television.

FB_IMG_1482901124368.jpg

Get out of your own conference first then we will talk. Can they even beat Green Bay???

OK, I'll answer my own question:

CB: McCourty/Arrington/Sterling Moore
Safeties: Chung (the 1st go round)/Ihedigbo/Sergio Brown.

Any questions?

Sergio? I read a story somewhere that he hasn't been seen or heard from since getting thrown out the club.

You know what? I didn't much care who I wanted in the Super Bowl

But now? I want the giants if they're gonna start talking **** before the regular season even ends

I just started reading this thread, so this might have been mentioned. The reason I don't want to face the Gnats is: I live at the Jersey shore. And 99.1-1/2 percent of fans in my area are Gnat fans (there's a few Jest fans living in cardboard box's under the boardwalk), But If "we" win, they will be spouting, "well we beat you twice, we own you". Yes , stupid. ... BUT, if they beat "us", :eek:.... I'm moving... It's bad enough dealing with Dallas fans,(everywhere, across the US ) already claiming the Lombardi is theirs. Evolving and changing , just because the mighty Cowboys are relevant. No, don't want the Gnats. No good outcome. IMO.

EDIT: I would love a Pats/Cowboys SB. And, of course an obliteration of the Cowboys. Fire tipped arrows torching their circling Bandwagons (fans). Hi, yi, yi, yi....Hi, yi, yi, yi..

I don't fear the giants as far as their team, but just the thought of losing to them a third time sickens me beyond belief.

Except that the Giants didn't have #13 then. He's so explosive from every part and angle of the field...sometimes he even has to tackle himself.

Will Jason P-P be back on the line for the playoffs?? He's another big gun no one wants to mess with.

The Giants are dead on offense without a running game, Eli and their only lifeline being OBJ. Hard to imagine them scoring more than 10-13 points without turnovers. They most probably would have to be 3+ on turnovers to have any chance of winning.

Patriot fans being really sensitive here.

Giants are 2 and 0 against us

This is totally meaningless. Are the 2007 and 2011 teams playing against each other ? Did we lose to the Giants twice this year ? What is it with those completely pointless historic stats being posted around as if they have any relevance at all.

By this logic we should want to avoid teams with blue kits in the SB because we are 0:2 against them. Look at the matchups instead and you might start to realize that we would beat them with any average performance.

Why all this talk about a team that's not going to come out of the NFC? Without a viable running game, Eli is a turnover machine.

Last edited:
He is right because the NFL is fixed for the Giants.
So let's see, this forum has told me that the NFL is fixed for the following teams...

1. Giants
2. Broncos
3. Jets
4. Colts
5. Ravens
6. Steelers

Am I missing anyone else? It's hard to keep up these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST