PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Victor Cruz: Pats want NO PARTS of NYG if we (both) were to make SB LI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look at me! Look at me!! My team has missed the playoffs five straight years, sucked in 2011 but got hot/lucky at the right time, so let's all return focus to how awesome I am!!!

Sorry you missed it before....here it is....

Thanks! Love it when we see Belichick break the rules a little bit about 'ignoring the noise' in these situations. Some coaches are emotional all the time and it doesn't have an effect. But when BB saves the emotion for certain situations, it stands out and makes an impact.

Before the little princess had a flip out over Norman in 2015, he did a lot of the same after the whistle stuff with Butler in the Pats game. All you have to do with Beckham is get physical with him at the LOS and bump him off his timing throughout the first half. He'll lose his cool from there and will no longer be the kind of receiver that he's capable of being. It's too personal for him.

Haha, could you imagine ODB in the Super Bowl? He'd get so emotionally overwhelmed, it'd be even easier to get in his dome. He'd be like an overstimulated three year old that runs out of sugar. Will be very entertaining.

Haha, could you imagine ODB in the Super Bowl? He'd get so emotionally overwhelmed, it'd be even easier to get in his dome. He'd be like an overstimulated three year old that runs out of sugar. Will be very entertaining.

sPiZJ8.gif

Tantrum-Throwing-a-fit-Veruca-Salt-GIF.gif

:)

He's a delicate, little flower.

2-2 if you include regular season since 2007

and being 2-0 in super bowls against them hardly qualifies as a reason why we should be scared of them for a 3rd one. so i am not sure where cruz is coming from.

Here are some reasons;

- The Giants have a team capable of flukey type plays, as we all have CLEARLY witnessed in the past.
- The NFL also has an obvious dislike of the Patriots, to the point where they will create scandals to smear the name of the Pats, head coach, and franchise quarterback just to weaken the organization via loss of draft capital.
- Park Avenue now directly has contact and influence on game officiating real-time
- The Media. They will have the Pats looking like evil villains again after an annoying 2 week build up to the Super Bowl
- Legacy.. If the Giants win, now Eli is being talked about in the conversation of GOAT and all the media will discuss as far as Brady and BB's legacy goes will be their 3 defeats to the inferior Giants team

Yea, beating the Giants in the Superbowl would be orgasmic, but I'm way to jaded by this ******** league to think that the Pats will be on an even playing field.. in fact I'm convinced of the exact opposite, that they will be at a disadvantage in virtually every area that the league can get away with creating one.

Its just not worth it in my opinion, we seem to be snake bitten by this Giants team in Super Bowls.. and its blatantly obvious that Mara has more influence in this league than Kraft does, because he's considered "old money" and has been one of Goodell's puppeteers in dishing out draconian punishments on the Patriots for manufactured scandals

Call me a ****y, call me whatever you want.. but I have plenty of reasonable reasons to not want to see that story play out again.. the "underdog" Giants, a New York team and media darling, taking on the evil empire of cheaters again... The officials would be worse than the Seattle/Pittrsburg SB 10 years ago in how obvious their bias would be, but most of the world would be cheering for the Pats to lose and wouldn't think twice about any of it.. it would just be chalked up to whining, sour grapes, etc

The Giants have a team capable of flukey type plays, as we all have CLEARLY witnessed in the past.

But that game would be played in 2017 and not in the past.

Otherwise let's bring out the Patriots elite D hot takes, as we all have CLEARLY witnessed in 2003 and 2004. People here get scared of team names to such an amazing degree..

and being 2-0 in super bowls against them hardly qualifies as a reason why we should be scared of them for a 3rd one. so i am not sure where cruz is coming from.

Well, when Brady is 0-2 against the Giants in the Super Bowl and 4-0 against others I think it's perfectly reasonable to say Brady would rather not see the Giants in the Super Bowl.

Well, when Brady is 0-2 against the Giants in the Super Bowl and 4-0 against others I think it's perfectly reasonable to say Brady would rather not see the Giants in the Super Bowl.

This. Plus if Brady were to go 0-3 against Eli in Super Bowls....well l can't consider him the Goat anymore

There is just something about the Giants that gives me a bad vibe.

I mean, in 2007 was a historic season in which we defeated teams in video game-like fashion and yet we struggled against them TWICE!. If once, maybe you chalk it up to an off night, but twice?

Then in Super Bowl 2011 many welcomed the Giants. After all, they looked less intimidating than potential foes like Green Bay and New Orleans that year. Guess what? They still win, and I'm still not really sure how. When Aaron Hernandez scored that go-ahead TD in the third quarter I thought there was no way we were losing that game.

Then even last year's regular season. The Pats were something like 8-0 going in and the Giants were terrible if I recall correctly. I"m thinking, we should finally be able to comfortably get a little revenge. Guess what, we were on the ropes and had to scratch and claw to come away with that last second victory.

You can mention that each team is different each year from both a coaching and player perspective, but I think that some historical baggage remains whether we like to admit it or not.

I'm just thinking, if we are fortunate enough to play against any other NFC team Brady goes about his business like "I want to win. I want to win. I want to win."

If we make it to the Super Bowl and play against Manning you know that Brady will have some thoughts creep into his mind of "What if I lose again to these guys." It's only human nature. I'd just rather have that not even be a part of the equation.

Brady is a competitor. If he gets to see the giants in the super bowl it means he's in the super bowl.

There is just something about the Giants that gives me a bad vibe.

I mean, in 2007 was a historic season in which we defeated teams in video game-like fashion and yet we struggled against them TWICE!. If once, maybe you chalk it up to an off night, but twice?

Then in Super Bowl 2011 many welcomed the Giants. After all, they looked less intimidating than potential foes like Green Bay and New Orleans that year. Guess what? They still win, and I'm still not really sure how. When Aaron Hernandez scored that go-ahead TD in the third quarter I thought there was no way we were losing that game.

Then even last year's regular season. The Pats were something like 8-0 going in and the Giants were terrible if I recall correctly. I"m thinking, we should finally be able to comfortably get a little revenge. Guess what, we were on the ropes and had to scratch and claw to come away with that last second victory.

You can mention that each team is different each year from both a coaching and player perspective, but I think that some historical baggage remains whether we like to admit it or not.

I'm just thinking, if we are fortunate enough to play against any other NFC team Brady goes about his business like "I want to win. I want to win. I want to win."

If we make it to the Super Bowl and play against Manning you know that Brady will have some thoughts creep into his mind of "What if I lose again to these guys." It's only human nature. I'd just rather have that not even be a part of the equation.

Were you on here in 2011? People on this board were scared at the possibility of facing the Giants because Gronk was hurt. There was very little elation on this forum. Plus the giants were having a late season surge that catapulted them into the super bowl - they were the hot team at the time. They are playing nothing like that now.

We have Dion Lewis, LeGarrette Blount and James White. Then we have Mitchell, Edleman, Amendola (hopefully he's 100), Bennett.

Then TB12 with an O-Line that is starting to rival some of the league's best (who the HELL would have expected such a turnaround; my word)

Defensively we have a budding, young team with pockets of experience here and there to keep their head straight.

Defensively, we are in a better spot than 2011, offensively our RB core is the biggest difference from both teams but we also have an offense that doesn't crumble after taking out Gronk (as we are witnessing; we may go up against weak offenses but we've outperformed some stingy defenses).

Matchup wise, to their respective 2016 teams, what scares you about the Giants? We can discuss intangibles all day (history, curses, whatever) but I'd like to see some real good reasoning other than "They beat us twice! / They are surging!". I haven't watched the Giants much this season, but from what I've observed, there isn't much to suggest that we wouldn't outperform them in every phases (Offense, defense, ST).

Brady is a competitor. If he gets to see the giants in the super bowl it means he's in the super bowl.

I guess we just won't see eye to eye.

Mentioning that Brady is 0-2 against the Giants and 4-0 against everyone which would perhaps allude to Brady not wanting to play against the Giants is somehow shocking based on your "disagree" usage.

Furthermore, your counter argument is that if Brady gets to the Super Bowl that means he is in the Super Bowl. Um, isn't that obvious. The question is not.......would Brady be happy if he makes the Super Bowl? That's obvious and without question. The question is, IF Brady makes it to the Super Bowl, would he want to face the Giants or rather it be another team.

Of course Brady wants to be in the Super Bowl and is a competitor. That doesn't remove the possibility that Brady may actually prefer to face the Lions or Falcons in the Super Bowl so that he doesn't have to deal with the distraction of all that other baggage.

Were you on here in 2011? People on this board were scared at the possibility of facing the Giants because Gronk was hurt. There was very little elation on this forum. Plus the giants were having a late season surge that catapulted them into the super bowl - they were the hot team at the time. They are playing nothing like that now.

Yes, I was part of the forum......and if you recall people were nervous then for the same reason that some people would rather not face the Giants today. The reality is that talent wise we we had a much better chance facing the Giants than the likes of the Packers or Saints.

As for the Giants getting hot at the right time and being nothing like that now. If the Giants do make the Super Bowl they will have gone (at worst, assuming they lose the finale) 11-3 in their last 14 games leading up to the Super Bowl. They have the second best record in the conference. I'm not sure how you can confidently write them off as a non contender.

I guess we just won't see eye to eye.

Mentioning that Brady is 0-2 against the Giants and 4-0 against everyone which would perhaps allude to Brady not wanting to play against the Giants is somehow shocking based on your "disagree" usage.

Furthermore, your counter argument is that if Brady gets to the Super Bowl that means he is in the Super Bowl. Um, isn't that obvious. The question is not.......would Brady be happy if he makes the Super Bowl? That's obvious and without question. The question is, IF Brady makes it to the Super Bowl, would he want to face the Giants or rather it be another team.

Of course Brady wants to be in the Super Bowl and is a competitor. That doesn't remove the possibility that Brady may actually prefer to face the Lions or Falcons in the Super Bowl so that he doesn't have to deal with the distraction of all that other baggage.

The point is I don't think Brady cares whom he faces in the super bowl - he'll be thrilled at just getting a crack at another title. And I don't think Brady will be happy just playing the lions. If you ask him, he'll probably say Giants, Cowboys, Packers, or Seahawks because it will give him an opportunity to etch his place in history even more. TB12 is wired differently than us. On the forum some of us may be "scared" of the Giants but Brady isn't. It's why he's QB of the greatest franchise, while we are sitting at home on our computers.

The point is I don't think Brady cares whom he faces in the super bowl - he'll be thrilled at just getting a crack at another title. And I don't think Brady will be happy just playing the lions.

I feel like you are contradicting yourself here.

If you ask him, he'll probably say Giants, Cowboys, Packers, or Seahawks because it will give him an opportunity to etch his place in history even more. TB12 is wired differently than us. On the forum some of us may be "scared" of the Giants but Brady isn't. It's why he's QB of the greatest franchise, while we are sitting at home on our computers.

Admittedly my message may not have been conveyed well but I'll clarify that I don't think that Brady would be "scared" to play anyone. The reality, however, is that a matchup with the Giants comes with many added distractions and perhaps pressure that wouldn't come from a matchup with another team.

I feel like you are contradicting yourself here.

I guess what I was trying to say is that Brady won't hope for just playing the lions. The competitor in him wants to go to the super bowl and beat the best.

This. Plus if Brady were to go 0-3 against Eli in Super Bowls....well l can't consider him the Goat anymore

Sounds like a personal problem to me. He's already the GOAT, losing on game would never change that.

I'd rather not play the Giants. I trust no NFL official to get things right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back