PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Victor Cruz: Pats want NO PARTS of NYG if we (both) were to make SB LI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mixed feelings. Hard to imagine BB and Brady losing a 3rd time, but the Giants always play them tough and seem to have their number lately (as much as you can actually make that comment).

I wouldn't want to see the additional pressure on those guys and it would suck horribly to lose a third time. The thought disgusts me.

....and it's not that I don't think the Pats could beat them (they certainly could). I just have a feeling I'd enjoy the Super Bowl weeks much more without having to relive those Super Bowls (and see highlights) for a full two weeks (not to mention the dreaded 'what if').

I could do without that.

Wish he had gotten famous here instead of there...not a lot of good UMass players.

Cruz is an overrated, douchey player and this is an embarrassingly annoying thread topic that won't go away.

Anyway, I wonder how he'll like the Giants' chances if Beckham has to play with a high ankle sprain just like the record setting Gronkowski of 2011 had to in SB 46, which rendered him useless.

I can't imagine the stars aligning perfectly a 3rd time for those flukes.

Victor... some Spanish...

hasta-la-vista-baby.gif

Last edited:
Why is it that everyone outside NE just assumes the giants will win another SB against us based on the past? This isn't even close to the same offense that won the super bowl for them in 2011 - they had Hakeem Nicks, Cruz, Ahmad Bradshaw and on defense Tuck, Umenyiora, etc. They are a completely different team and so are we. My goodness.

Yup, the Patriots and that number one scoring defense are in victors head already. Already in his head and the Super Bowl doesn't even kick off until February and it's still December.

Why is it that everyone outside NE just assumes the giants will win another SB against us based on the past? This isn't even close to the same offense that won the super bowl for them in 2011 - they had Hakeem Nicks, Cruz, Ahmad Bradshaw and on defense Tuck, Umenyiora, etc. They are a completely different team and so are we. My goodness.

I think because both teams philosophies are the same. The Giants defense now in my opinion is just as good. But there offense is significantly worse than both of those other 2 teams

"Why is it that everyone inside this forum just assumes the Giants will win another SB against us based upon the past?"

Even if we were to beat them SBLI while it would feel good and get rid of the notion that we can't beat the Giants in the Super Bowl it still wouldn't take away the 18-1 pain, unless sometime in the near future we have another 18-0 season amd were to beat them then I would forget about '07

It would hard to be upset about 5 rings though.

This has gotten absolutely embarrassing. I guarantee that if the historical tables were reversed, there would never be these types of threads on any Giants forums.

I'd sign up for Pats vs Giants part 3 tomorrow if you guaranteed me the Pats were making the Super Bowl.

History means nothing when it comes to big playoff games, the narrative was Peyton Manning could never beat Tom Brady in big games then he beat him in the AFC Championship 3 times in a row, it's all down to which team performs better on the day.

The Giants won 2 close games that could of gone either way, the Pats won a close game that could of gone either way last year.

I'm not scared of the Giants because of 2 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back