PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Victor Cruz: Pats want NO PARTS of NYG if we (both) were to make SB LI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember the fiery, emotional snippet of the post-game locker room speech from Belichick that the Pats didn't want to include as part of their video, but the NFL chose to include as part of the Sounds of the Game series? "You remember how they said we can't win in Denver???"

Congrats to Victor Cruz for providing the material. I'm calling it now; if we're so lucky that the Pats make the Super Bowl, and it turns out it's against the Giants? This will be the first ass-whipping the Pats give in a Super Bowl. This is a talented team, and they've responded to BB strongly this year.

Remember the fiery, emotional snippet of the post-game locker room speech from Belichick that the Pats didn't want to include as part of their video, but the NFL chose to include as part of the Sounds of the Game series? "You remember how they said we can't win in Denver???"

Congrats to Victor Cruz for providing the material. I'm calling it now; if we're so lucky that the Pats make the Super Bowl, and it turns out it's against the Giants? This will be the first ass-whipping the Pats give in a Super Bowl. This is a talented team, and they've responded to BB strongly this year.

I would kill for a blowout win In the Super Bowl or a comfortable lead atleast no more last minute nail biters :D

I would kill for a blowout win In the Super Bowl or a comfortable lead atleast no more last minute nail biters :D

It could be the year, I hope it's the year. Wouldn't be suprised if we held the Giants touchdown less when you consider what this defense has done, and how inept the Giants are on offense. The question is can we expose their defense, but there's a lot of football to be played by both teams

We can only pray that the Giants would be our Superbowl game. Especially since there are 3 games that would be tougher than that one, probably more

It seems pretty reasonable to believe that the Giants might indeed be in Superbowl this year.

The logic is based on one Super Fact--they beat the obviously best team in the NFC twice, and handed them their only two losses. Sounds like what they've done to us when we were on top of the world.

Cowboys could become the 1999 Jaguars.

Cowboys could become the 1999 Jaguars.

And I think that was almost a blowout. I do think the Giants could take Dallas once more--when they're on, they can take anyone, and their wins were pretty convincing. But yes I know that they are capable of coming apart big time too.

I give them credit for the 2 victories but its not like they dominated or even won those games by double digits. Literally one play in each game could have meant we win both games. So If anything I think Brady would want these guys more than any other NFC team to erase those demons.

I'm with you. Would be different this time.

But the Gints aint gonna make it to the dance this year.

Last edited:
Except that the Giants didn't have #13 then. He's so explosive from every part and angle of the field...sometimes he even has to tackle himself.

Will Jason P-P be back on the line for the playoffs?? He's another big gun no one wants to mess with.

Wanna guess who were our Secondary personnel back then vs today CBs Butler/Ryan/Rowe and Safeties McCourty/Chung/Harmon.

It wasn't even in the same zip code.

Wanna guess who were our Secondary personnel back then vs today CBs Butler/Ryan/Rowe and Safeties McCourty/Chung/Harmon.

It wasn't even in the same zip code.

OK, I'll answer my own question:

CB: McCourty/Arrington/Sterling Moore
Safeties: Chung (the 1st go round)/Ihedigbo/Sergio Brown.

Any questions?

Does anyone have a link to a clip of Belichick saying this?? Would love to see it!!

tumblr_mb8eg9iAYj1rv15p5o1_500.gif

As some have mentioned, big difference w/o Coughlin.

please no

If they lose Eli officially becomes Brady's daddy

Not to mention the weeks of non-stop horrible replays. And you all are conveniently forgetting whatever mental stress this might have on the team. You can act like it's not there, but Brady was clearly seeing some ghosts in Denver 2 weeks ago. Yeah we won, but he wasn't sharp early in the game.

Except that the Giants didn't have #13 then. He's so explosive from every part and angle of the field...sometimes he even has to tackle himself.

Will Jason P-P be back on the line for the playoffs?? He's another big gun no one wants to mess with.

Guess you missed last year's game when outside of 1 play Butler shut him down.

I'm sure Marcus Cannon is fine with messing with Pierre-Paul. 5.5 of his 7 sacks this year came in 2 games, against the Browns and the Bears.. Jason Pierre-Paul is Chandler Jones with one great season 5 years ago.

They don't have Justin Tuck and we don't have Logan Mankins so I think we would blow them out.

Patriot fans being really sensitive here.

Giants are 2 and 0 against us

Wether you disagree with him or not facts are facts.

I wouldn't say I want no part of the giants but this is not a scoff at remark by any means

Patriot fans being really sensitive here.

Giants are 2 and 0 against us

Wether you disagree with him or not facts are facts.

I wouldn't say I want no part of the giants but this is not a scoff at remark by any means

2-2 if you include regular season since 2007

and being 2-0 in super bowls against them hardly qualifies as a reason why we should be scared of them for a 3rd one. so i am not sure where cruz is coming from.

2-2 if you include regular season since 2007

and being 2-0 in super bowls against hardly qualifies as a reason why we should be scared of them for a 3rd one.
3-2

12/29/27 NE 38-35
2/3/2008 NYG 17-14
11/6/2011 NYG 24-20
2/5/2012 NYG 21-17
11/15/15 NE 27-26

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill