PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tough division games

Status
Not open for further replies.
You realize this whole God-forsaken argument would be instantly solved if you used median instead of average, right??
Median is win by 19 in the last 13 games. And win by 14 since 2001

The purpose of my thread was to show that the patriots have totally dominated the division.
“Division games are tough games” would indicate you don’t win as often. The patriots win MORE OFTEN.
The idiot response, which you always have, is yeah but they were close games.
That is wrong too as evidenced by the actual scores.
The next idiot response is to say “yeah but they were close until the 4th quarter”. Those numbers also show that is wrong.
The most idiotic response is to pick out 3 years surrounding 15 others where they were 68-12 against the division and saying ONLY going 12-6 those 3 years proves division games have been tough. Blithering idiocy is when you call 12-6 .500 football.

I showed every actual score of this 13 games.
They won 12/13 and won by
Yes 10 of 12 were by 2 TDs or more.
6 of 12 were by 20+

That is even more overwhelming than the average.

You dint understand the truth. The raw numbers make it blatantly obvious that you are clueless.

The facts say they have not been for the Patriots. If you want to think only winning 80% of the time is tough, you are just proving that you make stupid statements and ignore all the facts that prove you wrong.
Too bad you can’t act like an adult and say wow, I was wrong we really have dominated this division and won at an unprecedented level by unprecedented amounts.
Instead you just make up a new phony argument each post.

Yeah I think you win this one. But he baited you into arguing with him for three days about this, so you also lost miserably.

Yeah I think you win this one. But he baited you into arguing with him for three days about this, so you also lost miserably.
Too true.

And 73-11 in all other division games.

Big deal

17 - 16 is a win.Pats have won tough division games and only a moron would try to imply otherwise.

Use the actual results and scores.

The exact scores prove you wrong.

1 score games are not easy wins and the Pats division history is littered with them. There have been blowouts too that when averaged in with the close tough games give the illusion that division wins have been money in the bank.

You still need to "average" so your F is brought up to a D to graduate with the rest of the kids.

The purpose of my thread was to show that the patriots have totally dominated the division.
“Division games are tough games” would indicate you don’t win as often. The patriots win MORE OFTEN.
The idiot response, which you always have, is yeah but they were close games.
That is wrong too as evidenced by the actual scores.
The next idiot response is to say “yeah but they were close until the 4th quarter”. Those numbers also show that is wrong.
The most idiotic response is to pick out 3 years surrounding 15 others where they were 68-12 against the division and saying ONLY going 12-6 those 3 years proves division games have been tough. Blithering idiocy is when you call 12-6 .500 football.

I showed every actual score of this 13 games.
They won 12/13 and won by
Yes 10 of 12 were by 2 TDs or more.
6 of 12 were by 20+

That is even more overwhelming than the average.

You dint understand the truth. The raw numbers make it blatantly obvious that you are clueless.

The facts say they have not been for the Patriots. If you want to think only winning 80% of the time is tough, you are just proving that you make stupid statements and ignore all the facts that prove you wrong.
Too bad you can’t act like an adult and say wow, I was wrong we really have dominated this division and won at an unprecedented level by unprecedented amounts.
Instead you just make up a new phony argument each post.

No Nummy

Tough games are still wins. A jackass thinks that because the Pats won that the games were not difficult. Hence, your thread title " Tough Division Games" where you drone on about 17 point victories and try to sell that the last 13 have been not so tough at all.

The most recent Jets game was a tough win. Go average it in with the rest of the Jets games and get back to me.

The exact scores prove you wrong.

1 score games are not easy wins and the Pats division history is littered with them. There have been blowouts too that when averaged in with the close tough games give the illusion that division wins have been money in the bank.

You still need to "average" so your F is brought up to a D to graduate with the rest of the kids.
Median game in division since 2001 is a 14 point win.
Half the games vs the division we won by 2 TDs.

The exact scores show division games are easy for the patriots.

Big deal

17 - 16 is a win.Pats have won tough division games and only a moron would try to imply otherwise.
Yes a 1 point game would be a tough win.
However out of 84 division wins since 2001 exactly 3 of them have been by 1 point.
67 of them have been by 7 or more (only 17 were by less than 7)
42 by 14 or more.

17 were by 28 or more.
Think about that.
There are as many wins by 28 or more as there are wins by less than 7.

And to compare to your 3 1 point games there were 3 38+ point games.

Win 80% of the time.
Win by 1 less than 3% of the time.
Win by < 7 less than 17% of the time.

So let’s think about this if we spotted the other team 6 points every game we would have a 67-40 record.

Yeah that’s real tough.

No averages in there pal so find a different thing to cry about instead of admitting you are overwhelmingly wrong.

You get an F

Averages cant help you.
You are exhibiting your stupidity in this thread.
Better to admit you are wrong than look like a fiol because the facts are 100% evident you are wrong. Every sees it and now they are laughing at you.

I think you need to contrast this vs other divisions.

AFCN including playoffs.

Baltimore
8-3
one-point wins 0,
2-6 point wins 5
7-13 point wins 1
14+ wins 2

Pittsburgh 11-2,
one-point wins 0
2-6 points wins 2
7-13 point wins 5
14+ point wins 4

Cincinnati 6-1,
one-point wins 0
2-6 points wins 0
7-13 point wins 1
14+ point wins 5

Cleveland 6-1
one-point wins 1
2-6 points wins 1
7-13 point wins 1
14+ point wins 3

Division totals
31-7 812%
1 point wins 1, 3%
2-6 point wins 8, 26%
7-13 point wins 8, 26%
14+ point wins 14, 45%

If you spotted the AFC North 6 points they would still be 22-16 or a .579 winning percentage vs the AFC East 67-40 which is a .572 winning percentage.

I really don't want to do all the divisions but I bet it would be similar and between Cincinnati, Pittsburgh and Baltimore that's a lot of playoff teams. Cleveland we can write off as the Bills of the North.

I don't think the scores of the AFCE games reflect poorly on the rest of the division as they do positively on the Pats, a team that averaged 12.6-3.4 record per season for the last 15 years. The Pats probably dominated teams outside their division too.

I gave this some thought before. We would do well no matter what division/conference we played in. Just look up Brady vs the NFL. Brady seems to only have one weakness on paper: Denver. Brady also has a weakish record against the NFC west but that whole entire division sucked for years before Wilson came into the league.

Maybe, just maybe we wouldn't be perennial playoff contenders if we played in the afcwest. We would have to deal with the crowd noise of KC and the altitude of Denver. I guess Chargers could steal a game from time to time. Just swap us in for the pitiful Raiders. The Raiders could join the afceast and fight with jets of who has more fanatical fans for a loser team lol.

Patriots starting QBs since 2001: 2
um, 5?

Who Said So started first 2 in '01

...then, due to Pollard cheap shot in '08 Week 1

and Goodell feces fest in '15

otherwise, "1".

Nobody pretended Cassel (or JG) was a potential replacement

um, 5?

Who Said So started first 2 in '01

...then, due to Pollard cheap shot in '08 Week 1

and Goodell feces fest in '15

otherwise, "1".

Nobody pretended Cassel (or JG) was a potential replacement

As I said I only counted anyone who started 6 games. Pats had 2 of those guys and the rest of the East had a lot more.

The NFL adage of, "On any given Sunday", seems to be more true for division games.. familiarity?? Tired of seeing the Pats win?? Nothing to lose?? Much like Jacksonville's "SB win" in week 2 beating the Pats is often how the other division teams gauge the success of their season..

On this run have seen too many close games than need be, but somehow the outcome is pretty much the same.. the process sometimes sucks.

You are exhibiting your stupidity in this thread.
Better to admit you are wrong than look like a fiol because the facts are 100% evident you are wrong. Every sees it and now they are laughing at you.

This Vikings game is a classic example why you are a clown shoes poster.

In no way does the score indicate how close a game it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back