PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tough division games

Status
Not open for further replies.
This Vikings game is a classic example why you are a clown shoes poster.

In no way does the score indicate how close a game it was.
The score indicates exactly how close the game was.

Yes a 1 point game would be a tough win.
However out of 84 division wins since 2001 exactly 3 of them have been by 1 point.
67 of them have been by 7 or more (only 17 were by less than 7)
42 by 14 or more.

No averages in there pal so find a different thing to cry about instead of admitting you are overwhelmingly wrong.

I just had time to review all AFCE scores since 2000 - 2017. Amazing how much fake news comes from you.

My original statement is a fact. Division games are tough and a game won or lost by 1 score was not easy.

17 - MIA 20 - 27 loss, NYJ 24 - 17 win
16 - BUFF 0 - 16 loss, NYJ 22 - 17 win, MIA 31 - 24 win
15 - BUFF 40 - 32 and 20 - 13 wins, NYJ 30 - 28 win and 20 - 26 loss, MIA 10 - 20 loss
14 - BUFF 9 - 17 loss, NYJ 27 - 25 win and 17 - 16 win, MIA 20 - 33 loss
13 - BUFF 23 - 21 win, NYJ 13 - 10 win and 27 - 30 loss, BUFF 20 - 24 loss
12 - BUFF 37 - 31 win, NYJ 29 - 26 win, MIA 23 - 16 win.
11 - BUFF 31 - 34 loss, MIA 27 - 24 win
10 - BUFF 38 - 30 win
09 - BUFF 25 - 24 win and 17 - 10 win, NYJ 9 - 16 loss, MIA 21 - 22 loss.
08 - NYJ 31 - 34 loss, MIA 13 - 38 loss
07 - Swept with no close games.
06 - BUFF 19 - 17 win, NYJ 24 - 17 win and 14 - 17 loss, MIA 0 - 21 loss
05 - BUFF 21 - 16 win, MIA 23 - 16 win and 26 - 28 loss.
04 - NYJ 13 - 7 win, MIA 28 - 29 loss.
03 - BUFF 0 - 31 loss, NYJ 23 - 16 and 21 - 16 win, MIA 19 - 13
02 - NYJ 17 - 30 loss, MIA 27 - 24 win.
01 - BUFF 12 - 9 win, NYJ 3 -10 loss and 17 - 16 win, MIA 10 - 30 loss and 20 - 13 win.
00 - BUFF 13 - 16 loss and 13 - 10 win, NYJ 19 - 20 and 17 - 34 losses, MIA 3 - 10 and 24 - 27 losses.

Bottom line is what most fans here already know that the AFCE shows up to play the Pats. But keep making a fool of yourself with averages and score manipulations to suggest otherwise. I will stick to the cold hard facts.

I just had time to review all AFCE scores since 2000 - 2017. Amazing how much fake news comes from you.

My original statement is a fact. Division games are tough and a game won or lost by 1 score was not easy.

17 - MIA 20 - 27 loss, NYJ 24 - 17 win
16 - BUFF 0 - 16 loss, NYJ 22 - 17 win, MIA 31 - 24 win
15 - BUFF 40 - 32 and 20 - 13 wins, NYJ 30 - 28 win and 20 - 26 loss, MIA 10 - 20 loss
14 - BUFF 9 - 17 loss, NYJ 27 - 25 win and 17 - 16 win, MIA 20 - 33 loss
13 - BUFF 23 - 21 win, NYJ 13 - 10 win and 27 - 30 loss, BUFF 20 - 24 loss
12 - BUFF 37 - 31 win, NYJ 29 - 26 win, MIA 23 - 16 win.
11 - BUFF 31 - 34 loss, MIA 27 - 24 win
10 - BUFF 38 - 30 win
09 - BUFF 25 - 24 win and 17 - 10 win, NYJ 9 - 16 loss, MIA 21 - 22 loss.
08 - NYJ 31 - 34 loss, MIA 13 - 38 loss
07 - Swept with no close games.
06 - BUFF 19 - 17 win, NYJ 24 - 17 win and 14 - 17 loss, MIA 0 - 21 loss
05 - BUFF 21 - 16 win, MIA 23 - 16 win and 26 - 28 loss.
04 - NYJ 13 - 7 win, MIA 28 - 29 loss.
03 - BUFF 0 - 31 loss, NYJ 23 - 16 and 21 - 16 win, MIA 19 - 13
02 - NYJ 17 - 30 loss, MIA 27 - 24 win.
01 - BUFF 12 - 9 win, NYJ 3 -10 loss and 17 - 16 win, MIA 10 - 30 loss and 20 - 13 win.
00 - BUFF 13 - 16 loss and 13 - 10 win, NYJ 19 - 20 and 17 - 34 losses, MIA 3 - 10 and 24 - 27 losses.

Bottom line is what most fans here already know that the AFCE shows up to play the Pats. But keep making a fool of yourself with averages and score manipulations to suggest otherwise. I will stick to the cold hard facts.
That’s well less than half the games.
Do you think “easy opponents” means you win every game for 18 years by 100 points?

As I have already documented the median win since 2001 is by 14 points.
That means half the games are 14+ victories. That is not a tough set of games by any definition.

By your argument a team that goes 13-3 and wins 8 of those games by 14 or more, and 2 by less than 7 faced brutal competition and played a season of tough games. That why you are a clown.

That’s well less than half the games.
Do you think “easy opponents” means you win every game for 18 years by 100 points?

As I have already documented the median win since 2001 is by 14 points.
That means half the games are 14+ victories. That is not a tough set of games by any definition.

By your argument a team that goes 13-3 and wins 8 of those games by 14 or more, and 2 by less than 7 faced brutal competition and played a season of tough games. That why you are a clown.

Also, anybody who watched the Giants vs Bear game saw a tough game that the Pats win quite often.

Bears were down 10 @ 1:49, kicked the FG @ 1:13, recovered the onside kick and tied the game with 0:00 on the clock sending the game into OT. 10 point leads are not safe.

Keep averaging Bozo.

Also, anybody who watched the Giants vs Bear game saw a tough game that the Pats win quite often.

Bears were down 10 @ 1:49, kicked the FG @ 1:13, recovered the onside kick and tied the game with 0:00 on the clock sending the game into OT. 10 point leads are not safe.

Keep averaging Bozo.
I’m not averaging at all. I went directly to the real actual scores and showed them to you.
10 points WINS are very safe.
I’m done with you because you are a flat earther. The proof is literally overwhelming and you are just lying in order to avoid admitting you are wrong. Which you cannot do.
Bye FlatEarther.

This Vikings game is a classic example why you are a clown shoes poster.

In no way does the score indicate how close a game it was.
But it is good to see the team pull away and take control of a game. That's what we did yesterday.

I’m not averaging at all. I went directly to the real actual scores and showed them to you.
10 points WINS are very safe.
I’m done with you because you are a flat earther. The proof is literally overwhelming and you are just lying in order to avoid admitting you are wrong. Which you cannot do.
Bye FlatEarther.

Later Fake News

chuckles-im-in-danger-32294183.png

What happened?

I didn't watch the game because I was getting ready for a non division in Pittsburgh.

Median game in division since 2001 is a 14 point win.
Half the games vs the division we won by 2 TDs.

The exact scores show division games are easy for the patriots.

PessimisticGlassDeinonychus-small.gif

From my big comfy couch always thought that the Pats played to the level of competition, against good teams they play really well and for some reason they make their biggest faux pas and brain farts against lesser teams...

Not statistics or anything to back it up, just a casual observation..

Eh, probably best to just leave this bad boy alone and let it fade into obscurity, Andy. Or you could dig your heels in and embarrass yourself. Whatever works, I guess.

I never said they win 100% of division games did I? This was one of the 20% they lose.

The rational poster
They seem pretty tough to me, at least the first halves of virtually all of our division games. We rarely pull away (if at all) until the 2nd half. I am going to Miami in two weeks and hope I see a blow out for once, but I am not expecting it.

The Homer
I know that’s the perception but we have won 12 of the last 13 by an average score of 30-13.

The high information fan
The exact scores prove you wrong.

1 score games are not easy wins and the Pats division history is littered with them. There have been blowouts too that when averaged in with the close tough games give the illusion that division wins have been money in the bank.

You still need to "average" so your F is brought up to a D to graduate with the rest of the kids.

The low information fan
Median game in division since 2001 is a 14 point win.
Half the games vs the division we won by 2 TDs.

The exact scores show division games are easy for the patriots.

Bottom line, the 9 - 4 Pats can take comfort in knowing that they still hold the median margin of victory in the division as if he meant a hill of beans.

You are wrong. Just as I prove time and time again.

End of story.

The rational poster

The Homer

The high information fan

The low information fan

Bottom line, the 9 - 4 Pats can take comfort in knowing that they still hold the median margin of victory in the division as if he meant a hill of beans.

You are wrong. Just as I prove time and time again.

End of story.
Facts are not wrong.
The patriots winnng percentage and margin of victory against their division are both far above the norm.

Eh, probably best to just leave this bad boy alone and let it fade into obscurity, Andy.

For the Andy's of this world some things are well nigh impossible....

Or you could dig your heels in and embarrass yourself.

...while others are just inevitable but at least which is which is thoroughly predictable, so at least there's that.

@AndyJohnson your thread was right all along, and now the trolls are out after a desperation play steals one on the road. Don't let it get to you. The Pats will go 5-1 against the AFCE in 2018, add the 10th consecutive division crown, and life will get interesting in the playoffs.

The loss to 34-33 loss to the Dolphins will be re-hashed for years. It's like the 4th and 2 game. The defense couldn't stop the Dolphins, Gostgowski missed a FG and and Extra Point, Brady lost track of timeouts, people want to blame Belichick for having Gronk on the field in a Hail Mary situation, etc. etc.

This loss was the exception to so many rules. It does not disprove the thesis that the Patriots in the BB/TB era have dominated the division.

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut from time to time.

@AndyJohnson your thread was right all along, and now the trolls are out after a desperation play steals one on the road. Don't let it get to you. The Pats will go 5-1 against the AFCE in 2018, add the 10th consecutive division crown, and life will get interesting in the playoffs.

The loss to 34-33 loss to the Dolphins will be re-hashed for years. It's like the 4th and 2 game. The defense couldn't stop the Dolphins, Gostgowski missed a FG and and Extra Point, Brady lost track of timeouts, people want to blame Belichick for having Gronk on the field in a Hail Mary situation, etc. etc.

This loss was the exception to so many rules. It does not disprove the thesis that the Patriots in the BB/TB era have dominated the division.

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut from time to time.

The “exception” yet they seem to lose there most years

The “exception” yet they seem to lose there most years

Yup. Five or six losses in Miami in the last six or seven season. It happens. This thread should have a disclaimer that it doesn't apply to games in Miami. Hah. Still, the Patriots have a very good shot at going 5-1 in the division this year. Win out, and they're 8-0 at home, 4-4 on the road, with wins against all the divisions leaders (assuming the Steelers hold off the Ravens).

I think the division teams play us pretty close, but the Patriots have been fortunate to win most of the games due to excellent coaching and situational awareness. We saw yesterday what happens when that goes out the window. It really hurts, but the season is still salvageable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back