PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tough division games

Status
Not open for further replies.
@AndyJohnson your thread was right all along, and now the trolls are out after a desperation play steals one on the road. Don't let it get to you. The Pats will go 5-1 against the AFCE in 2018, add the 10th consecutive division crown, and life will get interesting in the playoffs.

The loss to 34-33 loss to the Dolphins will be re-hashed for years. It's like the 4th and 2 game. The defense couldn't stop the Dolphins, Gostgowski missed a FG and and Extra Point, Brady lost track of timeouts, people want to blame Belichick for having Gronk on the field in a Hail Mary situation, etc. etc.

This loss was the exception to so many rules. It does not disprove the thesis that the Patriots in the BB/TB era have dominated the division.

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut from time to time.
Exactly.
My thread did not say we win every game in the division. It said we win a ridiculously high percentage and of the wins a ridiculously high percentage are by large margins.

All you need to see are the people who come here and gloat about a loss.

Exactly.
My thread did not say we win every game in the division. It said we win a ridiculously high percentage and of the wins a ridiculously high percentage are by large margins.

All you need to see are the people who come here and gloat about a loss.

3dabfee4f0df255435eb04ea36a09006.jpg

The “exception” yet they seem to lose there most years

That's not what the OP's thread was about. There have been numerous threads over the years about the Patriots struggling in Miami. It's inexplicable to me why that city (the stadium has changed) continues to be a problem most years. Sunday's game was absurd. They had that one in the bag with 7 seconds left. If the Ravens had beaten the Chiefs (also a kick in the groin for the losing team), it wouldn't matter the way the schedules are set up.

Like I said earlier, the Miami Miracle is right there with 4th and Two.

What happened?

I didn't watch the game because I was getting ready for a non division in Pittsburgh.
So was the team, on the last series of the game...

So the patriots have now won 30 of their last 31 home division games and the 1 was a week 17 game when starters were held out.
There is simply no argument that division games have been tough for the patriots.

So the patriots have now won 30 of their last 31 home division games and the 1 was a week 17 game when starters were held out.
There is simply no argument that division games have been tough for the patriots.
Agreed

There is no argument that division games have been tough for NE.

Agreed

There is no argument that division games have been tough for NE.
30-1.

And you are 0-1 at understanding the English language (in this post 0-9999999999 career)

There’s also no argument that you have some issues bringing back a thread that’s nearly a month old.

There’s also no argument that you have some issues bringing back a thread that’s nearly a month old.

I blame myself. I referred to this thread in the post game thread.

The Jets were tough during the Ryan tenure, though people seem to only remember the Butt Fumble from those years.

The Dolphins in Miami are always hard for us, but you'd have to watch the games and remember to know that.

I think division games are like herpes. Usually, they are no problem. You might even forget about their existence. But every once in a while they flare up and are a major pain in the balls.

The city of Miami is one festering genital wart.

I blame myself. I referred to this thread in the post game thread.

I'd like to blame you too but we all know it's unreasonable to hold you responsible for the childishness. Unless you are Andy's father, in which case you have a lot to answer for. ;)

Darnold is literally green and played like so. Bowls was fired a month ago and it's easy to why the way the Jets quit.

Tom Brady by division:

AFCE: 80-20, .800
AFCS: 26-7, .788
AFCN: 25-5, .833
AFCW: 22-12, .647
NFCE: 13-3, .813
NFCN: 16-3, .842
NFCS: 12-4, .750
NFCW: 10-5, .667

The only two divisions that are really below standard can easily be identified. The Patriots have hit Seattle and SF on years they were great skewing the numbers and the Denver Broncos have played him and every other team tough in Denver. 7-6 record vs the Broncos thus .750 winning percentage vs the rest of the division.

It wouldn't have mattered what division he played in.

To add to this:

Playoffs 30-10, .750
AFCCG: 9-4, .692
SB: 6-3, .667

It's a tomato can world and the Pats are just livin' in it.

It's a tomato can world and the Pats are just livin' in it.

Actually it's a Patriots world, everybody else is just living in it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back