PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Brady will never reach another Super Bowl

Status
Not open for further replies.
How else would you define a vacuum (in space) if there was no air to contrast it?
So, you're saying that air exists so we can recognize the vacuum that exists inside the brains of mediots who say stuff like Brady won't reach another SB?

But, that would be a waste of air, wouldn't it? In which case, air would exist to be wasted.

So, the question remains, Why is there air?

So, you're saying that air exists so we can recognize the vacuum that exists inside the brains of mediots who say stuff like Brady won't reach another SB?
Air and bio-electric neurons firing are 2 different things entirely..and in this particular case I would suggest the electrical impulses aren't quite doing the job well.
But, that would be a waste of air, wouldn't it? In which case, air would exist to be wasted.

So, the question remains, Why is there air?
Indeed it is a waste of good breathable air. Very few systems exists without waste. We just have to accept that some waste is often glimmered as usable by the gullible. It use to be that we rise based on our ability. Perhaps the paradigm has shifted into we rise to the amount that we can bait other believing outrageous claims that never have to be backed up by proof, reason or deed.

Hence, a waste of breathable air may be the trend.

Air and bio-electric neurons firing are 2 different things entirely..and in this particular case I would suggest the electrical impulses aren't quite doing the job well.

Indeed it is a waste of good breathable air. Very few systems exists without waste. We just have to accept that some waste is often glimmered as usable by the gullible. It use to be that we rise based on our ability. Perhaps the paradigm has shifted into we rise to the amount that we can bait other believing outrageous claims that never have to be backed up by proof, reason or deed.

Hence, a waste of breathable air may be the trend.
So, the age old question, "Why is their air?," first asked by my best friend in high school after his first experimentation with Budweiser, remains unanswered, except in relation to other things.

Oh bother.

I guess I'll just have to wait....

I love filosoffigull discussions...;)

why in the hell are posting videos from 5 years ago?

It's the off season.

What's the fun of making predictions if you can't look back on them at laugh at how outrageously wrong they were. Admittedly, in this case, we were laughing back in 2012 when Rob Parker made them. Just like I was laughing a few months ago when Rob Parker was claiming that the Patriots wouldn't make the playoffs this coming year since Tom Brady will be washed up.

Sees thread title....

abandon-thread-gif-cats.gif

The odds are unlikely.

Does not mean that Brady and the Pats cant still do it.

There is so much luck that is also involved in these championship seasons. A dropped INT here or there. A block in the nick of time. Team health, Coaching staff health.

I love Rob Parker, best comedian on TV. I laugh harder watching him than anyone else.

I beg to differ...

AMAZING stat. You can't be any more clutch than that, just mind boggling. Also one of those comebacks is against supposedly one of the greatest defenses of all time, the other against a defense that was kicking the **** out of him all game.

I love how people say the best way to beat Brady is to pressure him and hit him all game. Though they lost to the Broncos in the AFCCG and Brady was beat up, he almost pulled off an incredible comeback win (with the most injured roster in the NFL) after being hit 20+ times. The guy just doesn't give up, he just keeps attacking regardless if you beat the **** out of him. Nobody responds to pressure and hits better than Brady. That's what puts him ahead of guys like Peyton Manning and Aaron Rodgers.

Demarcus Ware, after that game, said Tom Brady is the toughest QB he's ever played against.

Here's another classic video in the same vein.

Bart Scott says Bill Belichick outsmarted himself. Says BB has a huge ego and he's only about himself and is not loyal to his players blah blah. lol!

Blart Scrote...short a few cans in the 6 pack? I'd hazard a guess and say...yes.

Here's another classic video in the same vein.

Bart Scott says Bill Belichick outsmarted himself. Says BB has a huge ego and he's only about himself and is not loyal to his players blah blah. lol!

Looking back on it, there's a lot of unintentional comedy in Bart Scott's argument. This segment aired on 11/17 (I believe this is an accurate date since it was published by the NFLN Youtube channel) during the week after the Patriots lost to the Seahawks, putting their record at 7-2. After that the Patriots won the next 10 games in a row, including the playoffs.

There is no doubt that Belichick has an ego. Anyone who has reached the position of head coach in the NFL has a healthy ego. I think this board has done a good job cataloguing the times it's been reported that Belichick has pulled rank on subordinates or overruled a decision making process to go with his own way and gotten burned by it (the Chad Jackson draft choice comes to mind.) The difference is, Belichick has either made enough correct choices on his own or realized when he's better off suppressing his ego and going with the group decision to offset the poor decisions. In those situations, Belichick's ego is a net positive for the team or he subverts it enough that it's not an issue in the decision making process.

Another point that Scott makes is that Belichick doesn't show loyalty to players and he believes this will have a negative effect on the roster as players won't go the extra mile or play through injury for the team. He cites the Steelers keeping Troy Polamalu after his prime as an example of something the Patriots wouldn't do. While there is a positive side to a team showing loyalty to a veteran player, there's also a negative that Scott doesn't seem to be aware of: Players may come to the same conclusion about not giving their all if a team has an "untouchable" veteran who is locked in as a starter even though they no longer deserve based on their play.

tl;dr - Bart Scott's football analysis should not be taken seriously.

Oh rob wouldn't like it if TFB were overrated. That would mean that the pats will play in every other SB, and win about every third SB, whoever's at QB the next 15 years.

Looking back on it, there's a lot of unintentional comedy in Bart Scott's argument. This segment aired on 11/17 (I believe this is an accurate date since it was published by the NFLN Youtube channel) during the week after the Patriots lost to the Seahawks, putting their record at 7-2. After that the Patriots won the next 10 games in a row, including the playoffs.

There is no doubt that Belichick has an ego. Anyone who has reached the position of head coach in the NFL has a healthy ego. I think this board has done a good job cataloguing the times it's been reported that Belichick has pulled rank on subordinates or overruled a decision making process to go with his own way and gotten burned by it (the Chad Jackson draft choice comes to mind.) The difference is, Belichick has either made enough correct choices on his own or realized when he's better off suppressing his ego and going with the group decision to offset the poor decisions. In those situations, Belichick's ego is a net positive for the team or he subverts it enough that it's not an issue in the decision making process.

Another point that Scott makes is that Belichick doesn't show loyalty to players and he believes this will have a negative effect on the roster as players won't go the extra mile or play through injury for the team. He cites the Steelers keeping Troy Polamalu after his prime as an example of something the Patriots wouldn't do. While there is a positive side to a team showing loyalty to a veteran player, there's also a negative that Scott doesn't seem to be aware of: Players may come to the same conclusion about not giving their all if a team has an "untouchable" veteran who is locked in as a starter even though they no longer deserve based on their play.

tl;dr - Bart Scott's football analysis should not be taken seriously.
Nice response, but while I agree BB has a very strong ego, which I think is a base requirement to be a HC in any sport at any level; it has never manifested itself in ANY overt way during his time with the Pats. In fact I believe one of the key elements in BB's success (of which there are many) is his complete LACK of ego in his interactions with his team. fellow coaches. and the media. Has anyone EVER heard him say something like "my game plan was the difference in the win." Or "it's all about me", Or "I am the reason we've been so successful" Or "that great move was my doing" NEVER! I'd love to hear a quote that even comes CLOSE to any self serving statement over the years

Yes I know he makes the final decisions. That's part of his job description. But have you seen ANY other successful HC in any sport constantly deflect attention AWAY from himself more than BB. Have you ever seen BB throw anyone under the bus, or blame anyone before he blames himself. The ethos of accountabilty that permeates the Pats starts with BB taking responsibility for any failures and the PLAYERS and other coaches getting praise for all the successes they have had.

That is just one of the reasons Bart Scott got that so wrong in his rant. That being said you have to remember that Scott was BOTH a Raven and a Jet, so his Pats hatred has been well earned over the years, with the exception of one brief (but painful) moment in 2010. The fact is that historically over 90% of the FA's the Pats have had come in, loved their experience with the team and it IS one of the top destinations for FA's who just want to win.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference