PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Will Team Rally Around Brady after Media Criticism?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No disagreement. Was not meant as a dig against Brady. I meant it more in the sense that he is the leader of this team and that he can inspire the rest of the team to go to another level.
Brady needs to clean things up too. I get the sense that he knows that, though, and I expect better play out of him going forward. The OL stabilizing will put the offense back on track. The step down from Mason to Karras has been amazing (in a bad sense) to watch and the team has really missed both Allen and Gronk on the run blocking and pass pro fronts.

True. That was a little before my time but everything I know about the 2000 Ravens fits the description. What stuck out to me about the 2015 Broncos was how the QB play was so bad that Peyton was benched for Osweiler, and then Osweiler got benched again for Peyton, and they still won the ****ing Super Bowl. Imagine how despondent their fans must have been right around the time Peyton came back. There's no way they were any more confident than we are now.

I am still MIFFED that Peyton and Owen Daniels could fool Jamie Collins TWICE on that double move seam route.... that was the game right there...including Gostkowski's PAT miss....grrrr!!!!

Also, during the Ravens' run...nobody believed in them...but they kept winning, winning, winning, and winning.....then they just simply blew out the G-Men in the big game. Dilfer never really had to do anything other than not F it up...

Peyton got hurt in 2015. he wasn’t benched if memory serves me correctly.

Brock Osweiler - Wikipedia

PM was benched
Then they claimed "injury
Then PM returned to practice and BO still started 7 games
In the finale, BO was ineffective and hurt his knee.
PM "to the rescue"

from the wiki page:

Against the Kansas City Chiefs on November 15, 2015, Osweiler took over for Peyton Manning, who was benched after throwing four interceptions and posting a passer rating of 0.0.[28] The Broncos later announced that Osweiler would start in place of the injured Manning the following week against the Chicago Bears.[29]

In his first start on his 25th birthday, he completed 20 out of his 27 passes for 250 yards with two touchdowns and a 127.1 passer rating in a 17–15 win over the Bears, becoming the first player to start and win his first career game on his birthday.[30] He was named the AFC Offensive Player of the Week for his performance against the Bears.[31] Osweiler was presented the game ball after the game by head coach Gary Kubiak.[32]

The next day, it was announced that Osweiler would start the following week against the New England Patriots.[33] On November 29, 2015, Osweiler led the Broncos to a win over the then-undefeated Patriots in overtime, 30–24. He completed 23 of 42 passes for 270 yards, a touchdown, and an interception.[34]

Osweiler started his third consecutive game for the injured Manning during Week 13 against the San Diego Chargers. He finished the game with 16 of 26 completions (61.5%) for 166 passing yards, a touchdown, and an interception.[35]

The following week, Osweiler suffered his first loss in a 15–12 defeat to the Oakland Raiders. He capped the game off with a career-high 51 attempts, completing 35 of them for 308 yards.[36]

On December 15, it was announced that Osweiler would start his fifth consecutive game against the Pittsburgh Steelers although Manning had returned to practice.[37] During the game Osweiler completed 21 of 44 passes for 296 yards, 3 touchdowns, and an interception.[38] He also carried the ball 5 times for 19 yards and a seven-yard touchdown, but the Broncos ultimately lost 34–27.[39]

In Week 16, Osweiler started his sixth consecutive game against the Cincinnati Bengals, completing 27 of 39 attempts for 299 yards and one touchdown in a 20–17 overtime win.[40]

In the Broncos' regular-season finale, on January 3, in his 7th start Osweiler was replaced by Manning in the third quarter after throwing two interceptions and fumbling once. Later it was announced that Osweiler suffered a low-grade strain to the medial collateral ligament of his right knee in that game.

I am still MIFFED that Peyton and Owen Daniels could fool Jamie Collins TWICE on that double move seam route.... that was the game right there...including Gostkowski's PAT miss....grrrr!!!!

Also, during the Ravens' run...nobody believed in them...but they kept winning, winning, winning, and winning.....then they just simply blew out the G-Men in the big game. Dilfer never really had to do anything other than not F it up...

A little sidenote.. I suggest you (and anyone really) to read the Lombardi book (Gridiron Genius). He dedicates an entire chapter to his notes of the week leading up to the Ravens playoff game (unbalanced lines, double pass) with deep insight into game plan, how each practice day was structured and how BB approached in game adjustments.

The core message from BB throughout the week and the game was that what the Pats needed to do to win the game was shut Owen Daniels down. He might be a pretty unspectacular name for most fans but BB highlighted him as the key to the Ravens game (i.e. "if the Ravens need to make a play they go to Daniels" was the mantra).

Just goes to show the disconnect between what NFL teams internally thing are essential players and what fans consider them to be. They got it done in the 2014 season but Daniels came back with a vengeance against them in the very same Kubiak offense a year later.

A little sidenote.. I suggest you (and anyone really) to read the Lombardi book (Gridiron Genius). He dedicates an entire chapter to his notes of the week leading up to the Ravens playoff game (unbalanced lines, double pass) with deep insight into game plan, how each practice day was structured and how BB approached in game adjustments.

The core message from BB throughout the week and the game was that what the Pats needed to do to win the game was shut Owen Daniels down. He might be a pretty unspectacular name for most fans but BB highlighted him as the key to the Ravens game (i.e. "if the Ravens need to make a play they go to Daniels" was the mantra).

Just goes to show the disconnect between what NFL teams internally thing are essential players and what fans consider them to be. They got it done in the 2014 season but Daniels came back with a vengeance against them in the very same Kubiak offense a year later.

Thanks for sharing that tidbit. Still doesn't make me feel better that Collins bit on it twice, LOL.

Will check out Lombardi's book....

Maybe mcD and Brady can rally around OC 101 manual and implement innovative offense that gets the ball moving.. kinda stale and stinky most of last game.

I know the media cycle has changed and hot taeks have increased, but I cannot remember any athlete ever being given "the end is near" treatment anywhere close to what Brady has been given. It's absurd. Why is this one man on the clock??

I know the media cycle has changed and hot taeks have increased, but I cannot remember any athlete ever being given "the end is near" treatment anywhere close to what Brady has been given. It's absurd. Why is this one man on the clock??

Because he keeps dominating.

This league wants Tom to go away soooo baaaaaad.
Negative, if that were the case the Pats wouldn't have 19 prime time games every season...NFL offices r probably already jerking off to next year's AFCE1 vs AFCW1, which will be at foxboro (Brady vs Mahomes round 2 or 3), that'll be a prime time game as will away vs AFCS1 especially if vs Tennessee, home vs Pittsburgh, plus the annual Monday night/Thursday night vs an afce team

Last edited:
Wait until TB & Pats start playing like they did vs KC & GB when everyone is back THEN mediots* and Industrial Size Douche rob parker* will go away UNTIL something negative comes up then it's, See I Told You So.

Because he keeps dominating.
True, but people didn't say it about MJ and I don't think LeBron gets it either. I'm probably just more sensitive about my GOAT.

Brady.....you need to level-up, dude....

Last edited:
True, but people didn't say it about MJ and I don't think LeBron gets it either. I'm probably just more sensitive about my GOAT.

Neither of them dominated for almost 20 years.

Some awful takes out there. Why do ex players hate Brady so much? Is it jealousy???

Neither of them dominated for almost 20 years.
James is getting close. Which pains me to say because I hate the guy.

But I get what you’re saying.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes