PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Brady will never reach another Super Bowl

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is just one of the reasons Bart Scott got that so wrong in his rant. That being said you have to remember that Scott was BOTH a Raven and a Jet,
Bart Scott has played his career as the Pat's doormat, thus his envy.

Bart Scott has played his career as the Pat's doormat, thus his envy.
Well he will always have 2010 to remember. ;) (A game I'd rank as the 2nd worst loss in Pats history).

Dear America, your penchant for filling prominent, visible positions in sports media with utter buffoons is impressive.

Nice response, but while I agree BB has a very strong ego, which I think is a base requirement to be a HC in any sport at any level; it has never manifested itself in ANY overt way during his time with the Pats. In fact I believe one of the key elements in BB's success (of which there are many) is his complete LACK of ego in his interactions with his team. fellow coaches. and the media. Has anyone EVER heard him say something like "my game plan was the difference in the win." Or "it's all about me", Or "I am the reason we've been so successful" Or "that great move was my doing" NEVER! I'd love to hear a quote that even comes CLOSE to any self serving statement over the years

Yes I know he makes the final decisions. That's part of his job description. But have you seen ANY other successful HC in any sport constantly deflect attention AWAY from himself more than BB. Have you ever seen BB throw anyone under the bus, or blame anyone before he blames himself. The ethos of accountabilty that permeates the Pats starts with BB taking responsibility for any failures and the PLAYERS and other coaches getting praise for all the successes they have had.

That is just one of the reasons Bart Scott got that so wrong in his rant. That being said you have to remember that Scott was BOTH a Raven and a Jet, so his Pats hatred has been well earned over the years, with the exception of one brief (but painful) moment in 2010. The fact is that historically over 90% of the FA's the Pats have had come in, loved their experience with the team and it IS one of the top destinations for FA's who just want to win.

I agree, but I didn't want to come across as too much of a homer in my post :)

You're right, though. What does Belichick say after a loss? "I've got to coach better." What did he say when he was on the podium after the last two SB wins? That all the credit goes to the players.

More than any current or recently retired/fired coach, Belichick could promote himself, but we never see that. As for some of the roster moves, there a level of ego involved in being bold enough to part ways with players like Chandler Jones and Jamie Collins and not replace them with comparable "name" players. Here's what people like Bart Scott will never acknowledge*, though: For the 2016 season, those moves worked and they don't look like they have hamstrung the team for the future, either.

*To be fair, Scott made those comments around the middle of the season. Still, I don't see him changing his tune on the Patriots in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST