PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

They are trying to make a big deal about BB's "death stare" to Dana Jacobson

Status
Not open for further replies.
She has no choice but to ask the question. Just say "Were on to the Jets" and move on. No need to stare her down.

Asking a question you’ve been requested not to ask is disrespectful. Anyone does that and I’m gonna have fun with that person!

Yeah, no. An interviewee doesn't get to pick the questions. He's a football coach. Not a world leader.

Of course. Dude disrespects ya on TV? Definitely gonna have some fun with the prick.

Is that why you are here having some fun with us? Because the Patriots disrespected the Jets on TV yesterday?

Yeah, no. An interviewee doesn't get to pick the questions. He's a football coach. Not a world leader.

In situations like this, agreeing to interview parameters, violating those parameters, and then complaining when the result is not pleasant, is a good way to get fired. So, if you want to play the tough guy and "Curse Bill out a bit, maybe make fun of him... you know some sort of payback. A hard shoulder in the hallway perhaps?" do it well and enjoy it, because it's going to be your last day on the job.

She has no choice but to ask the question. Just say "Were on to the Jets" and move on. No need to stare her down.
OMG, not THE STARE!!

Pah leeeeezzzze, don’t

People need to accept and understand being made uncomfortable is ok. Do you understand that?

We all get over these little things in life and it makes us better people. Being over sensitive is a handicap to enjoying life.

Considering that we live in a time where smirking uncomfortably at someone that bangs a drum in your face, makes you a white supremacist, this feigned outrage and virtue signaling isn't all that surprising.

People are too god damn sensitive nowadays to the point where it's just get it out and start crying you wuss bags.

Or, the media shouldnt be allowed to play victims when they ask stupid and controversial questions -- right before kickoff. The man's time is extremely valuable, and I have zero respect for journalists trying to stir up crap, and the timing of this? Come on.

If you are given a small amount of time to do your job.... in her case 20 seconds— is it wise or dumb to use of her limited window to ask a question that she knows will not be answered?

Did the viewer gain knowledge from her question choice?

From a journalism standpoint she failed at her job

And because Belichick was clearly perturbed by this time wasting exercise, I’d bet a few units he will minimize his access next time CBS asks for his time.

Get nothing
Hurt relationship

Dumb
Whether the object of the question is likely to answer it, it is STILL the reporter's job to ASK it, so I completely disagree with your opinion. And as much as I love and respect Bill, and very comfortable with him NOT answering it, even I found it unnecessary to add the "death stare". It would have been better that he just graciously left the stage at that point. The "death stare" was gratuitous.

That being said, it was an act that was FAR from being "controversial", or anything the media needed to protect poor Dana from. She's a seasoned reporter and I doubt that this would make her top 100 list of bad behavior to one of her questions. So I again want to point out that NOTHING happened and it's long past the time to move on.

Yes, he's a football coach, not a world leader. Why the 24000th question on the same topic, about a guy who is no longer on the team, minutes before a game starts?

If he hadn't answered the question (and has, several times now) that would be one thing. This was just another attempt by CBS to get another news cycle out of a dead story. And thanks to dumb ****s like yourself, they succeeded. You don't even realize you're being played.

Seriously, what would you dumb **** Jets fan, have hoped to have learn in a 15 second answer to a question in that situation?

She felt threatened.

Yes, he's a football coach, not a world leader. Why the 24000th question on the same topic, about a guy who is no longer on the team, minutes before a game starts?

If he hadn't answered the question (and has, several times now) that would be one thing. This was just another attempt by CBS to get another news cycle out of a dead story. And thanks to dumb ****s like yourself, they succeeded. You don't even realize you're being played.

Seriously, what would you dumb **** Jets fan, have hoped to have learn in a 15 second answer to a question in that situation?

Chill homie. :cool:

6nqZk.jpg

"That blast came from the Death Stare! That thing's operational!"

sRtan21_d.jpg

Regards,
Chris

To provide some context, she said, "I'd be remiss if I didn't ask, what was the final straw with Antonio Brown?" He deflected it and said "We're just focused on the Jets." She was smart and didn't press him, immediately saying, "Thank you coach" to end the interview and that was when that pretty intense stare down by him took place. Even I was a little uncomfortable because it was literally 3 seconds of him just staring at her, which felt like an eternity.
It really appears that the Cleveland press' hatred for Bill says more about them, and the media in general, than it does about Bill.

When they arrived here in '64, the Beatles endeared themselves to the media by reacting with self-deprecating humor - remember, at that time, there was a tremendous national blowback and negative distaste for them - in response to insulting, ignorant queries in interviews.

The fact is that football is personally important to Bill, and joking about it just doesn't fit. I would say Bill Belichick cares about the sport of American football more than anyone else alive today.

The media, obviously, does not know how to see and accept that.

Most Generals in the Joint Chiefs would not react with levity to stupid questions about military strategy.

I did my job yesterday. Coach did his. End of story. You know what I didn’t like? Rambling through the start of my Ty Law interview. Wish I could do that over. Social media & sports radio can continue the discussion.. I’m going to go get ready for my wedding Saturday. ❤️

You’re my one reply because this bothers me. Stand up to what? I asked the question I needed to ask. He answered as he would have ANY reporter. I want to be treated as an equal. Not standing up would have been not asking. If you think that’s a bad role model, your call.

/Thread

OMG, not THE STARE!!

Pah leeeeezzzze, don’t

People need to accept and understand being made uncomfortable is ok. Do you understand that?

We all get over these little things in life and it makes us better people. Being over sensitive is a handicap to enjoying life.
I'm kinda scared of Bill.

I mean, if I met him I feel he'd take me aside to notify me I've been cut.

That I haven't signed already is irrelevant.

To provide some context, she said, "I'd be remiss if I didn't ask, what was the final straw with Antonio Brown?" He deflected it and said "We're just focused on the Jets." She was smart and didn't press him, immediately saying, "Thank you coach" to end the interview and that was when that pretty intense stare down by him took place. Even I was a little uncomfortable because it was literally 3 seconds of him just staring at her, which felt like an eternity.
C'mon. I saw it live and didn't get that at all.

C'mon. I saw it live and didn't get that at all.
I've watched it a few times since and it's worse everytime I see it. Again, give Belichick credit, he didn't care about being on live TV. He definitely didn't let her off the hook.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST