PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

They are trying to make a big deal about BB's "death stare" to Dana Jacobson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look, many would agree that BB can be a ****. But he is our ****. Sometimes his ****ness is indefensible. I just wish that the best coach of all time would be a little bit more respectful and accommodating. How bout taking a lead from the GOAT. or Slate, or McCourty, etc.
Really???!!.
Have been following the media the last decade?

BB knows not to say 5h!t to these vultures.
They want controversy .

He learned his lesson.

Remember TB saying he knew nothing about deflated balls?
The vultures tore his reputation apart.:mad:.

I can't stand the media.
And BB does too, but he just goes with the rules.

TB is just a very nice, accommodating person.

Not me, and not BB, who share the same birthday, BTW.:)

I've watched it a few times since and it's worse everytime I see it. Again, give Belichick credit, he didn't care about being on live TV. He definitely didn't let her off the hook.

I've looked at it several more times as well and I still come away thinking he is waiting for the next question. She stated she 'had to ask' indicating she knew there'd be no answer, how the hell could she not have been ready with another question?
I think that genuinely surprised him

Reactions: PP2
I've looked at it several more times as well and I still come away thinking he is waiting for the next question. She stated she 'had to ask' indicating she knew there'd be no answer, how the hell could she not have been ready with another question?
I think that genuinely surprised him
That's how I saw it also ... waiting for the next question ... no big deal.

I've watched it a few times since and it's worse everytime I see it. Again, give Belichick credit, he didn't care about being on live TV. He definitely didn't let her off the hook.
Most games I've watched since 1993, I go to turn on the TV or whatever and I'm thinking, "Okay, I'm watching the Patriots now, and I do not want to see those ugly fake insulting uniforms and helmets. Agreed? OK."

Then, (*sigh).
usatsi_8948507.jpg

Nonsensical answer

Nope. Journalists have freedom to investigate and write about what they believe is important, without interference from their editors. That's not what she's doing. She's got a very narrow range of things to talk to the coach about, and the metric is about the audience's degree of entertainment. The metric for journalism is discovery and articulation of truth that is useful to the public.

Thank you @p8ryts! for the angry emoji. If you hadn't posted it I wouldn't have realized I had embedded that fool Mullins tweet and not Sean Grande's brilliant reply. This is what I thought I meant to embed:

So will the Pats lose draft picks over this?

I hadn't seen this interaction yet until I just got home from work

I watched the video from the link in original post, it was short and blurry so I went onto google and typed "Belichick stare down" to see another video for additional context

I'm just laughing now.. the fact that people are making this big of a deal out of that exchange just continues to show how starving people are for news they can get angry about.

That 6 second clip is driving SO MUCH internet traffic today via twitter, youtube, instagram, forums, mainstream media, etc... You know how many YouTubers are soaking in the views/clicks right now off of this story? The no namers in the media that are acting horrified and appalled at this for attention and to continue to create controversy.

Thousands/millions of people getting their 15 minutes of fame chiming in with their opinion on this topic, like sharks circling the boat waiting for more chum

Its funny how scripted and transparent these tactics are too.

ESPN Producer: "Go ask Belichick an irritating question we know he won't answer to get a reaction from him. We'll run a week long news cycle off of it and bring our ratings up 10%"

Dana: "You got it, boss!"

This has been a business model for awhile now, just hook your wagon to anything Patriots and you'll drive your ratings up. Dana and her fiance are the 2 people least upset by this, but the bee hive are desperate for click bait content

they said on the radio BB agreed to do interview as long as there was no AB question. And they obviously didnt stick to their deal. death stare was funny, albeit not necessary. just dont do interviews in future.

Agreeing to not ask about Antonio Brown sets up a no-win situation for everyone. If Jacobson (or any interviewer) follows through and doesn't ask about Brown, people will say it was a softball interview and they were afraid to ask the "tough questions." On the other hand, if interviewer breaks their agreement and brings up an out of bounds subject, it's fair for the interviewee to think "WTF? We established we weren't talking about this."

I read a lot reactions about the "death stare" on twitter yesterday, but didn't get around to watching the interview until today. The whole Q&A in question and Belichick's departure takes place in 8 seconds:

The way it was built up, I was expecting Bill to fold his arms, raise his chin and glower and Jacobson until she shrank away in fear. Instead, the "death stare" maybe lasted 2 seconds, if we're being generous. This is just another example of something being overblown because the Patriots were involved.

Sports media, for the most part, is a joke, and should be treated as such. You can't trust them and they will make a mountain out of a mouse fart at the drop of a hat. This is just example #6,745,883.

Fk the media and all the self righteous sports fans that got triggered by this non story.

He's a chauvinist pig and he needs to apologize!

Stay Woke my friends.

****IFICATION!!!!

That is a vacation in Cambridge Ma.......

To provide some context, she said, "I'd be remiss if I didn't ask, what was the final straw with Antonio Brown?" He deflected it and said "We're just focused on the Jets." She was smart and didn't press him, immediately saying, "Thank you coach" to end the interview and that was when that pretty intense stare down by him took place. Even I was a little uncomfortable because it was literally 3 seconds of him just staring at her, which felt like an eternity.
You could actually see her soul leave her body if you looked closely enough.

New England Patriots' Bill Belichick slammed for giving reporter 'death stare' after Antonio Brown question

Gee, no wonder BB doesn't want to answer your dumb questions. He was clearly in pre-game mode and focused on the Jets. He stood by for a bit to make sure she didn't have a question about the game. Naturally, it's being picked apart by the twitter idiots.
That was my impression too. It seemed like he was anticipating she was going to say something else and didn't want to walk away in the middle of a question/statement.

It's a question any coach or GM would be asked. Just because Bill is known for being an ass doesn't mean you don't ask the question.
And you wish desperately you had him coaching you sad sack, sorry bunch of losers.

And you wish desperately you had him coaching you sad sack, sorry bunch of losers.
He did. 24 hours later, and he couldn't get out of town fast enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back