PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

They are trying to make a big deal about BB's "death stare" to Dana Jacobson

Status
Not open for further replies.
So even though it really is awkward watching Bill do that to a woman, I suppose she just has to find a way to get back at him. Without making it a man/woman thing.

With that said, if that was my mother/sister/wife... yeah Bill would be on my ****list.

How is it, exactly, that you have a mother/sister/wife? Chinatown? He calls his wife "Mother." But all three? NY Jet Land is freaky!

It was crazy, she said, "Thank you coach." and leaned the mic from herself back to him, and he just locked eyes and said nothing...it was pretty nuts. Then she said, "Thank you" again and still nothing, and then they cut away.

I have to give him credit, he gives zero you-know-whats about what people think and has no fear when it comes to that.

I think she should sue him civilly for harassment and lure him to ignorantly message her via myface.

Last edited:
I consider this an Ian death stare.
LOL. The only death stare in this house doesn't come from me, believe me. Although I'm usually the cause of it :cool:

The problem with all the media bashing going on here is that in the context of the “interview “ CBS is not the media but instead a broadcast partner. Their rights fees have been paying Belichick’s salary for 40 years. He owes nothing to the Boston Globe, but he sure does CBS.

It was a simple question. One that could have been given a crafted answer in 20 seconds, and there was no excuse not to give it.

Agreeing to not ask about Antonio Brown sets up a no-win situation for everyone. If Jacobson (or any interviewer) follows through and doesn't ask about Brown, people will say it was a softball interview and they were afraid to ask the "tough questions." On the other hand, if interviewer breaks their agreement and brings up an out of bounds subject, it's fair for the interviewee to think "WTF? We established we weren't talking about this."

I read a lot reactions about the "death stare" on twitter yesterday, but didn't get around to watching the interview until today. The whole Q&A in question and Belichick's departure takes place in 8 seconds:

The way it was built up, I was expecting Bill to fold his arms, raise his chin and glower and Jacobson until she shrank away in fear. Instead, the "death stare" maybe lasted 2 seconds, if we're being generous. This is just another example of something being overblown because the Patriots were involved.

I’d be remiss not to ask how many times BB needs to reiterate his “I’m giving you nothing on Antonio Brown” response before the media accepts his answer and moves on?
Apparently .... 7

The problem with all the media bashing going on here is that in the context of the “interview “ CBS is not the media but instead a broadcast partner. Their rights fees have been paying Belichick’s salary for 40 years. He owes nothing to the Boston Globe, but he sure does CBS.

It was a simple question. One that could have been given a crafted answer in 20 seconds, and there was no excuse not to give it.

Any answer he gave would have been a nothing regardless of how he crafted it. You know that and I know that. Everyone knows that. So to me this is simply just another veiled attempt to rein in BB.

That's obviously not correct.

If it was a guy, would people care so much? This seems a bit like much ado about nothing. This is typical and expected behavior by BB and he treats males and females the same.

I don't think this seems a bit much ado about nothing, I think this is in fact almost entirely ado about nothing. The only 'non nothing' about this is within the sports media *********** itself. A topic echoing within the sports media *********** that is then put out publicly in the hopes of it garnering a quick click bait burst before it evaporates.
Rinse and repeat.

I've watched it a few times since and it's worse everytime I see it. Again, give Belichick credit, he didn't care about being on live TV. He definitely didn't let her off the hook.
I think the reality that twitterites are missing is that the only reaction that matters is the reporter’s. And as someone here posted, she appreciated Bill’s reaction.

Anyone else that got insulted, uncomfortable or had an anxiety attack doesn’t matter. The interview involved 2 people; Dana and Bill. Viewers aren’t involved in interviews.

I found it strange that a father reacted as if he was insulted. I don’t think many realize we can’t feel other people’s feelings, nor should we try. That’s not what empathy is about.

Really???!!.
Have been following the media the last decade?

BB knows not to say 5h!t to these vultures.
They want controversy .

He learned his lesson.

Remember TB saying he knew nothing about deflated balls?
The vultures tore his reputation apart.:mad:.

I can't stand the media.
And BB does too, but he just goes with the rules.

TB is just a very nice, accommodating person.

Not me, and not BB, who share the same birthday, BTW.:)
And from what people who know Bill say, he’s also a very nice guy

I think we can all see that our media is no longer impartial. It hasn’t been for a long time. They set various agendas and do what they can to execute those agendas

Just look at the poop storms of spygate and deflate gate that were truly media created. Everything is shock-news and our media pounds topics on a daily basis as if they’re puppet masters...

It has been Belichicks policy to not discuss personal information about employees all along. It’s a good policy and one that he certainly shouldn’t break to fuel hysteria.
And he gave a crafted answer.

Are you honestly saying the right thing to do is to go behind the backs of your players and gossip about them to the media?

What's the frequency, Kenneth?

Ah yeah, THAT's their job. :rolleyes:'

It's not their job to create a controversy where there isn't one. Even the woman asking the question didn't think it was a big deal.

I don't know about you but when my Mom gave me the death stare, I stopped talking

My Dad had a great one also.

The media know there is a 0.000000000% chance Bill will answer a question on this topic or any internal Pats issue.

So why do they do it?

They are content starved and consider a Curmudgeon Bill video clip to be certified gold.
The story is never what Bill says but how he doesn’t say it.

Never give in to these click bait creators disguised as journalists

Remember when Bill's handshakes were a big issue? I've never seen that story with anyone else, before or since.

No one owes CBS a thing. Do you understand how much CBS makes from their NFL contract?

They owe the NFL, not vice-versa

Everyone knows Bill is a prick.

Definitely don't give him special treatment for it though. Ask him the same questions you'd ask anyone else.

If the public gets pissed at his reactions, so be it.

Just keep asking the questions. Do your job.

I don't remember anyone asking Mike Triplin personal questions about AB when he was with the Steelers, you know, when all of this crap happened. The mediots sure as hell weren't doing their job then. What do you think changed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back