PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread The Official Preseason Week 1 Game That I’ll Turn Off After the Starters Are Pulled Game Thread

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure. BB love Bolden, he's versatile.
He really isn’t. He provides special teams value and that’s it. I don’t want to see him playing on offense.

Is Folk eligible for the practice squad? They changed a lot of rules for that last year.

I'm impressed by what I've seen with Mac so far. He ran the hurry up well, was robbed by the refs on a couple of plays. He keeps his eyes downfield. Would love to see what he does with the ones

C'mon Rainman..White is going NOWHERE...jeezus
We’ll see. Can’t keep everyone and you don’t want to give up young guys with potential.

Hoyer back in for 2nd series...thought BB might stick Mac back in...you know...to see how he reacts to adversity...gar gar gar gar

C'mon Zuber...

and you don't want to give up PROVEN big time, Super Bowl proven stalwarts either
It will be interesting how it plays out. There’s always surprise cuts every year.

That is nitpicking. Even Brady doesn’t have zip on his balls on intermediate cross routes at times. And many times it is by design.
We'll need to consult Gisele on that one.

and you don't want to give up PROVEN big time, Super Bowl proven stalwarts either
He was tired of getting coached hard and being underpaid.

Oops, wrong thread.

Was very happy with most of what I saw tonight.
Next preseason game should decide our starting qb. I think its Mac. Its usually preferable to let rookie qbs sit for a year.
But if he plays this well next game, I think BB hands him the keys.
Theres too much talent on this team to waste a year. Especially with the possibility of losing some of the top talent next year.

Damn. Bryant.

Ok I might have been drinking scotch watching the game but… Cam looked like **** and Mac looked pretty darn good.

Was very happy with most of what I saw tonight.
Next preseason game should decide our starting qb. I think its Mac. Its usually preferable to let rookie qbs sit for a year.
But if he plays this well next game, I think BB hands him the keys.
Theres too much talent on this team to waste a year. Especially with the possibility of losing some of the top talent next year.
I think Cam could well see a fair amount of snaps tho. Provide a change of pace.

Hoyer back in for 2nd series...thought BB might stick Mac back in...you know...to see how he reacts to adversity...gar gar gar gar
Yeah, that never happens.

Oh, wait!

It will be interesting how it plays out. There’s always surprise cuts every year.
I doubt you will find any examples of a captain on the first year of a new contract who is arguably they best player in the NFL at his role, a role that is critical to the offense.

How does that sound like hyperbole? Lol. His top two guys went #6 and #10 this year… ahead of him! How many teams have two recent top 10 draft picks at WR on their rosters?

Are we getting overtime?

I doubt you will find any examples of a captain on the first year of a new contract who is arguably they best player in the NFL at his role, a role that is critical to the offense.
And yet, his market was bone dry for his services.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes