PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official NFL Draft Day 1 thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re-sign Carter, and Jones has a year to learn, get stronger and, possibly, play the role of Mark Anderson as the sub and/or bookend for Carter.

3-4 OLB - Ninko, Hightower
3-4 ILB - Mayo, Spikes

4-3 OLB - Hightower, Mayo
4-3 ILB - Spikes

So, unless there's a DT that BB finds irresistible at 48, let's see the WR next and go from there.

Maybe Trumaine Johnson will be a Pat tomorrow. He has the flexibility to play the Safety position or tall corner when needed.

If Reyes is good, he might be developed to fill in behind Fanene and/or give us extra depth on the DL. Any other big dudes we are forgetting about? It doesn't feel right if the Pats don't draft a 300 lber on draft day. Maybe a Silatolu or a Konz if we go OL?

They all suck though at this point.

If Jenkins somehow falls, you take him and let steve gregory and McCourty split those duties and call it a night.

* I have a feeling Trumaine Johnson is off the board @ 48 tho who is probably the best safety remaining.

Last edited:
safety.........

Jenkins and a safety? Are there any safeties with a high-mid 2nd round grade? Seems like we can snatch Jenkins mid 2nd and get a safety later, maybe trade our original 2nd back.

Re-sign Carter, and Jones has a year to learn, get stronger and, possibly, play the role of Mark Anderson as the sub and/or bookend for Carter.

3-4 OLB - Ninko, Hightower
3-4 ILB - Mayo, Spikes

4-3 OLB - Hightower, Mayo
4-3 ILB - Spikes

So, unless there's a DT that BB finds irresistible at 48, let's see the WR next and go from there.

Perfect post.. Gives the Pats a lot of flexibility to mix and match their front 7 against any offense..

Last edited:
Look for G/T Jeff Allen in the 2nd.

My guy gave us 2 Pats picks so far, might as well go for 3

Posted at 5:10PM
My guy came through. Last week he said they were looking at Irvin, today he says..........

"D. HIGHTOWER, POE—DT , McClellen from Boise. They don’t think any of these guys will be there at their slot unless they make a move.
Others on the list C. Jones from Syracuse , Ingram but not real high on him
If draft falls apart they have no problem taking RG Jeff Allen."

Some elite additions this off season: B Lloyd, Jones and Dont'a. Imagine if we nail day 2 and get a potential first rounder that falls our way!

Bro, on the pats' second trade up did you almost go nuts when the commish started off saying Donte' Hightower's name and it sounded like Doug Martin's?

Would have loved both. But I've always loved Hightower. I'm going to claim that I was the first to suggest him as a pick for OLB. Might be wrong but it was back in December.

Some elite additions this off season: B Lloyd, Jones and Dont'a. Imagine if we nail day 2 and get a potential first rounder that falls our way!

Lloyd I'll maybe call elite in our offense, certainly far above average, I'm not going to call a pair of rookies elite just yet. Certainly love the picks, but lets get let them play first!

I hope we get some DB help tomorrow. I read an article by Bedard and he thinks McCourty is going to be playing safety for us next year with Arrington and Dowling as our starting CBs and Allen and Moore as substitutes. That's a scary thought.

My guess is that we're going to be trading one or maybe both our second round picks so we can pick up more picks for depth at DB and also at OL. Mankins with his injury and Light retiring tells me we need OL depth.

If Jenkins somehow falls, you take him and let steve gregory and McCourty split those duties and call it a night

I don't see Jenkins and the Pats as a fit. He was a guy that Meyer protected, but that Muschamp was forced to let go because of the 2nd drug charge..

Maybe he's changed, but that's a big maybe..

Nice first round, probably the best since Vince fell to NE his year. Looking forward to see gets added tomorrow; getting someone who can, you know, return kickoffs would be a nice bonus.

Lloyd I'll maybe call elite in our offense, certainly far above average, I'm not going to call a pair of rookies elite just yet. Certainly love the picks, but lets get let them play first!

I know that, but we haven't picked boom or bust players we went for nailed on sure fire starters with high ceilings from 2 fantastic programs.

They both could have gone before 20 easily.

If Jenkins somehow falls, you take him and let steve gregory and McCourty split those duties and call it a night.

* I have a feeling Trumaine Johnson is off the board @ 48 tho who is probably the best safety remaining.

No DB at 48, please.

Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes