PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The O-Line’s performance against Atlanta in SB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Point was that Solder shouldn't have been destroyed by a past his prime Dwight Freeney a bunch of times in the biggest game of the year. I love Freeney but, he isn't even signed right now. Solder has to shut him down. Lucky it didn't cost us.
This is idiotic.
Let's break it down.

Destroyed? What does that even mean? Did freeney pick him up and throw him to the sidelines? No you just feel the need to ad hyperbole to your weak point.

A bunch of time's? One sack

The biggest game of the year? So players are somehow supposed to be perfect because it's the biggest game of the year? Isn't it the biggest game of the year for the other team?

Solder has to shut him down. He does? He has to? So you think in the NFL players can just choose to shut down other players? And if you don't stone them every single play you suck?

How many other patriots were beaten by their opponent on a few plays like solder was?
Every one. That is football.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is idiotic.
Let's break it down.

Destroyed? What does that even mean? Did freeney pick him up and throw him to the sidelines? No you just feel the need to ad hyperbole to your weak point.

A bunch of time's? One sack

The biggest game of the year? So players are somehow supposed to be perfect because it's the biggest game of the year? Isn't it the biggest game of the year for the other team?

Solder has to **** him down. He does? He has to? So you think in the NFL players can just choose to shut down other players? And if you don't stone them every single play you suck?

How many other patriots were beaten by their opponent on a few plays like solder was?
Every one. That is football.
:confused: I'd hope not.

O/T

Falcons stadium roof will remain closed, indefinitely PFT

Via Tim Tucker of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, AMB Group CEO Steve Cannon said Tuesday that the roof will be closed when the stadium opens next month, and that it will remain closed “for an undetermined period of time” thereafter. Cannon blamed the inability to fully mechanize the roof on construction delays.

some of the better comments:

The man that owns Home Depot can’t get a roof to open ans close LMAO

It works about 3 quarters of the time.

Last time the Falcons played the roof caved in so not a bad idea

Phony crowd noise reverberates much better in a enclosed stadium.

Still not over this. We gave up far too many sacks, and Brady got hit far too many times. Convince me my concerns are overblown.

I think the offensive line will be fine. Andrews is a bit of a concern though. The defense had a far less impressive performance in the first 3 quarters than the offensive line did.

I think the offensive line will be fine. Andrews is a bit of a concern though. The defense had a far less impressive performance in the first 3 quarters than the offensive line did.

yeah, Im not about to worry about a 2nd year player being jittery and a bit overwhelmed in the Superbowl. Those lights have shaken up far better players than him.

Brady was 39

If you seriously think a player getting beaten in one play by ANY NFL player is an embarrassment you have a lot to learn about the game.

And that was ONE play out of NINETY-NINE. I'd love to have an eff-up rate even close to as low as 1% on my job.

lol I like how the people complaining seem to forgot this OL was pretty good the whole season, ya it's not an "all-timer" type of OL but it's an OL that does the job that needs to be done for Brady.

Why focus on one game, which btw was a game they won. If it was as bad as people say how the f**k did they come from down 28-3? Brady still needed blocking to do what he did.

You want a terrible OL performance go watch the AFCC from 2015. That's a game where you look back and say if that OL played just subpar they would have won the game, but they played terrible. It's amazing that Pats were basically a missed PAT from winning that game.

I blame legerette blount's problems in the super bowl, including his fumble, on legerette blount, not the oline.

Last edited:
I blame the legerette blount's problems in the super bowl, including his fumble, on legerette blount, not the oline.

Blount's fumble is no one's fault. The defense made a great play on the ball to rip it away from him. If Blount was as careless as you say Bill would have benched him.

Also everyone is blaming Andrews when it was clearly Shaq Mason who was getting his ass handed to him by Jarrett.

I blame the legerette blount's problems in the super bowl, including his fumble, on legerette blount, not the oline.
I dont BLAME any 2016 Patriot for anything.
They were perfect.
The ultimate goal is solely to win the SB by whatever means necessary.
They did that
They were 1-0 in achieving the result that is the only reason you play games and all of the other teams were 0-31.

Nothing they could have done, not done or done differently could have produced a better result.

34-28 or 99-0 in the SB is the exact same thing. There are only 2 possibilities, win or lose.

The o-line could have played better no question. Andrews was overpowered by Jarrett but hes a pretty decent player. Just a bad matchup maybe. Solder was burned a couple of times. Freeney is an old salt who clearly can still play good ball in spurts. Shaq and Thuney had a couple of bad moments. It happens. ATL is a good team.

I also thought a couple of those sacks seemed like there was pretty good coverage in the secondary. They really boxed in Jules on a few of those passing plays (see the crazy catch)

With that said they played well when it mattered.

People need to chill. This was 1000% better than the 2015-16 AFCCG train wreck vs the Bronks.

Blount's fumble is no one's fault. The defense made a great play on the ball to rip it away from him. If Blount was as careless as you say Bill would have benched him.

Also everyone is blaming Andrews when it was clearly Shaq Mason who was getting his ass handed to him by Jarrett.
I have a feeling that if someone actually went back and studied the plays they would find that jarret made his good plays against different players and was blocked well on other plays by different players
I seriously doubt he was one in one with the same player every snap, or even every good one or bad one.

These sweeping statement about someone playing poorly based upon what an opponent did without looking at the actual plays to see what happened are pointless.

I have a feeling that if someone actually went back and studied the plays they would find that jarret made his good plays against different players and was blocked well on other plays by different players
I seriously doubt he was one in one with the same player every snap, or even every good one or bad one.

These sweeping statement about someone playing poorly based upon what an opponent did without looking at the actual plays to see what happened are pointless.

It was mixed.

1st sack he beat Cannon but TB12 had the ball for 4 seconds. That was a coverage sack.

2nd sack he beat Cannon on a 3-1000 count. 50/50

3rd one he destroyed Andrews. That one was bad.

As mentioned - You pass for 63 attempts you are going to give up sacks (especially against the NFC champions). Its a good thing we have great posters here like AJ and Kontra (and others) to explain gapping and technique and how not every play will go perfect, to the morons on here.

Why is someone resuscitating a six month old game-day thread?

Some chicken little needed some attention. And Solder did give up a sack to a guy in a wheelchair apparently so we may have some problems:rolleyes:

I think their running back unit is going to be much better this season and that will really help the overall performance of their OL. The times their OL struggled most was when they couldn't get their results being game going, and adding Gillislee and Burkhead and a fully healthy Dion Lewis and much improved James White is going to force defenses to play them straight up, and that always favors the OL..

It was mixed.

1st sack he beat Cannon but TB12 had the ball for 4 seconds. That was a coverage sack.

2nd sack he beat Cannon on a 3-1000 count. 50/50

3rd one he destroyed Andrews. That one was bad.
Cannon was on a DT?
That surprises me. Are you going from memory or did you go back to the tape?
I distinctly remember him rag dolling mason on one of the sacks.

As mentioned - You pass for 63 attempts you are going to give up sacks (especially against the NFC champions). Its a good thing we have great posters here like AJ and Kontra (and others) to explain gapping and technique and how not every play will go perfect, to the morons on here.
Morons? Is that really necessary?
Why do you have to be like?
Please find a stronger word. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday