PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The LeBrons Latest Whine Thread.

Kontra - I prefer my crow braised, but I'll take it however you want to dish it out.

I didn't see more than a few minutes of the game at a time yesterday, but piecing together what I did see - I would agree that Miami matches up well with LA - and much better than I thought.

Bosh vs. Gasol was the unexpected matchup really - and the biggest.

I'm not sure what happened with Kobe, but I feel like that is less likely to reoccur if they match up in the postseason.

Gasol's disappearance, however, I can see happening again. His postseason dominance last year disguised a player who can get out-physicaled. What he did against KG last Finals was not the KG of 07, and heck, not even the rejuvenated KG of this year.

I was surprised to see how easy Bosh made it look against Gasol yesterday, especially b/c - as you mention yourself - KG has had Bosh's number in their two meetings.

(On a side note: I don't think Rondo was the problem in game 7, FWIW - frankly, I thought he was one of the few that showed up to play that night. Rebounding did them in.)

It's funny, isn't it? Boston and L.A. are two very similar teams and, yet, Boston is a match-up nightmare for Miami while Miami is a match-up nightmare for L.A. I can only imagine how the games between Boston and Miami will go when Perkins comes back and is healthy.

international calling cards

Hello UK students!!!!
Register before Jan 15thand get 1000 pounds student aid.

eurocalling cards econet

LeBron is the king of asshats ...

Cleveland Cavaliers lose by 55 but LeBron James' sympathy scarce - ESPN

During the fourth quarter of his former team's historically poor showing against the Lakers on Tuesday night, James apparently used his Twitter account to send a message to the struggling Cavs.

"Crazy. Karma is a b!tch. Gets you every time. It's not good to wish bad on anybody. God sees everything!" James wrote while in Los Angeles with the Heat for Wednesday's game against the Clippers. The account is verified by Twitter.

The Cavs lost 112-57 to the Lakers, the fewest points the Cavs have ever scored in a game and the fewest the Lakers have allowed in the shot clock era. It was the Cavs' 11th consecutive loss.

My guess is he was talking about Cavs fans that wished death on him and whatnot. I don't think he would talk about his former teammates like that considering how close many of them seemed to be with him this season. Either way, he should have probably worded that a lot better and it would do him good to clarify those comments. I agree that he doesn't look good by saying that.

Well, I guess karma must really be a b!tch. The Heat are getting absolutely smoked by the Clippers, of all teams. 44-26. And no, that's not the halftime score. That's the score at the end of the first quarter. :eek::eek::eek:

Looks like Miami got back in that game (Clippers) - what the hell happened last nite though (Nuggets)?

Looking at the current state of the Celtics, it looks like this season is going to unfold much like last year. I don't see how the C's are going to attain the #1 seed with their health the way it is. I think Perk's return will be absolutely huge, but I already see the same trends from this year's C's that we saw last year. I hope I'm wrong, and we really won't find out until the next month plays itself out. But their margin for error is much slimmer this year w/ Miami (until the last two games) trending up.

Meaning, the Heat could and probably will end up w/ the #1 seed.

Last edited:
Looks like Miami got back in that game (Clippers) - what the hell happened last nite though (Nuggets)?

Looking at the current state of the Celtics, it looks like this season is going to unfold much like last year. I don't see how the C's are going to attain the #1 seed with their health the way it is. I think Perk's return will be absolutely huge, but I already see the same trends from this year's C's that we saw last year. I hope I'm wrong, and we really won't find out until the next month plays itself out. But their margin for error is much slimmer this year w/ Miami (until the last two games) trending up.

Meaning, the Heat could and probably will end up w/ the #1 seed.

They did, but could never get past their first quarter performance. That's what doomed them against the Clippers. That was a real physical game too. A lot of elbows thrown (Blake Griffin took a Big Z palm to the face) and shoving matches. Against the Nuggets, not sure. Heat haven't beaten them in something like nine of the last ten games. On top of that, LeBron looks to have badly sprained his ankle in the Clippers game and wasn't available for Denver. People are talking about his offensive impact on the team in the Nuggets game, but it was his defensive impact that Miami sorely missed last night.

People are talking about his offensive impact on the team in the Nuggets game, but it was his defensive impact that Miami sorely missed last night.

It's the Heat's championship caliber defense which has changed my tune on how I view them. Lebron has taken his D up a level. Before I thought it was unwarranted when he was awarded All-NBA 1st team defense - he'd make a lot of eye-catching plays in help D, but I didn't think his 1 on 1 D was particularly special.

Matters just got worse for the Heat. They lost again and Bosh now has a sprained ankle. :bricks:

I still stand by my earlier prediction that Chalmers will be as good or better than Rondo

baketball_stun_flops.gif

Flops are pretty common in soccer and the NBA (though soccer has some of the worst flops I've ever seen). But that one was particularly bad. Not sure what the referee was watching...

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back