PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The LeBrons Latest Whine Thread.

The Hawks are still in the NBA?

*Seriously surprised. I stopped watching around 1994 or so...only popping in because I'm bored, like my mood bar says.

The Hawks are still in the NBA?

*Seriously surprised. I stopped watching around 1994 or so...only popping in because I'm bored, like my mood bar says.

Yeah. They actually have a pretty good team too.

Huh...whodathunkit?

Back to the LeBron bashing, I guess? :confused2:

It will be like the Jet's suck for this year anyways ... LeBron will need a ring to lessen some of it ... but then again it took 5 rings for Kobe to get rid of some of it.

Big Z hey Kontra. ;)

Big Z hey Kontra. ;)

Killed it in the second half for us last night. Also had 10 rebounds too. The rebounds surprised me the most given how incredibly soft he is. The move to bring in Dampier, while it might not show on the stat sheet, has also been helping us in a big way during the run that the Heat are currently on. Not the most talented guy anymore, but he IS physical.

THE HEAT ARE ROLLING ************S. I think Chalmers is better than Rondo at this point.

THE HEAT ARE ROLLING ************S. I think Chalmers is better than Rondo at this point.

facepalm.gif

Are you kidding me. Chalmers plays lockdown D and has a 3 point shot you know you saw him hit those tough buckets against the Kings. The only thing Rondo has on him is speed but Chalmers is a better overall player.

Last edited:
Are you kidding me. Chalmers plays lockdown D and has a 3 point shot you know you saw him hit those tough buckets against the Kings. The only thing Rondo has on him is speed but Chalmers is a better overall player.

double-facepalm.jpg

This thread's been rather quiet lately. :rocker:

Bump this thread if/when the Heat beat an elite team, until then it will be quiet...

Last edited:
This thread's been rather quiet lately. :rocker:

Too much other news going on ... Celtics 12 in a row without Rondo ... :rocker::rocker::rocker:

Bump this thread if/when the Heat beat an elite team, until then it will be quiet...

Huh? Have you been following them lately? They beat the Magic earlier in the season, took out the Hawks earlier this month, and just stomped on a Knicks team that the Celtics had trouble putting away in MSG. Furthermore, I pose you the question of just how many teams in the NBA are truly elite this year?

Huh? Have you been following them lately? They beat the Magic earlier in the season, took out the Hawks earlier this month, and just stomped on a Knicks team that the Celtics had trouble putting away in MSG. Furthermore, I pose you the question of just how many teams in the NBA are truly elite this year?

Meh. The 16-12 Knicks team that just lost to the Cavs? Or the 18-12 Hawks team? Or is the 16-12 Magic team that their GM just blew up still considered elite? Nah, I'm not buying yet.

I agree there are few elite teams. The Heat - for all their early struggles - are right there in the 2nd tier of NBA teams.

The elite teams are the Mavs, Lakers, Spurs & Celtics. Against those teams - Miami has only played two - the Heat are 0-4.

Against the 2nd tier teams (Orlando, Utah, New Orleans), they are .500.

Last edited:
Meh. The 16-12 Knicks team that just lost to the Cavs? Or the 18-12 Hawks team? Or is the 16-12 Magic team that their GM just blew up still considered elite? Nah, I'm not buying yet.

I agree there are few elite teams. The Heat - for all their early struggles - are right there in the 2nd tier of NBA teams.

The elite teams are the Mavs, Lakers, Spurs & Celtics. Against those teams - Miami has only played two - the Heat are 0-4.

Against the 2nd tier teams (Orlando, Utah, New Orleans), they are .500.

Following your line of thinking, the Celtics haven't been that impressive either. They're 0-1 against the top tier teams and 2-0 against the Heat. They lost to the Mavs and the only other good team they've beaten, according to you, is the Heat.

As for the Heat, you can only play who is on your schedule and the Mavericks have owned us for the last few years. Not just this year. The rebounding and second chance points haven't been nearly the problem for us lately that they were earlier in the year. The Bucks, by the way, had a ridiculously good record and were on a winning streak, when the Heat took them out. The Big 3 seemingly have learned (A) that they have to actually try in games, and (B) how to play together. Further, we have the #1 ranked defense in the league. Celtics fans know how far that alone can take a team.

Anyway, we have the Lakers on Christmas Day. How funny was it to hear Phil talk about how Kobe was telling the team "not to ruin Christmas day and handle the Bucks"... only to go out and lose to the Bucks in embarrassing fashion. I have a feeling that we'll be back here and I'll be hearing about how the Lakers "aren't elite right now because there's something wrong with them" if the Heat blow them out, or even beat them, on Christmas.

As for the Heat, you can only play who is on your schedule and the Mavericks have owned us for the last few years. Not just this year. The rebounding and second chance points haven't been nearly the problem for us lately that they were earlier in the year. The Bucks, by the way, had a ridiculously good record and were on a winning streak, when the Heat took them out. The Big 3 seemingly have learned (A) that they have to actually try in games, and (B) how to play together. Further, we have the #1 ranked defense in the league. Celtics fans know how far that alone can take a team.

I watched the [Mavs] game on NBAN the other night (which I recently discovered I have) and I have to say I didn't see anything different from the Heat from what I've seen all year. They can still score in bunches, but they can go cold equally as quickly. I've never thought those 3 players complement each other's games very well, and I still don't.

As for the Celts, they are the reigning EC champs, so the East goes through them until someone proves otherwise. They dismantled the Heat twice this season fairly routinely if not for a couple runs when the C's got a big lead - which is more a Celtic thing than a Heat thing.

I would be surprised if the Heat beat LA on XMas Day, whether its home or not. I'm prepared to eat crow if they win.

Until otherwise, I still think the Heat are a team that will crush the average opponent, but struggle with the elite teams come playoff time.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Looking back at the highlights and having watched the game, I think it's pretty easy to say that L.A., with what they have right now, just doesn't match up well with Miami at all.

• Pau Gasoft doesn't match up well with either Ilgauskas' length or Bosh's physicality down low. Bosh absolutely sh!t on him yesterday and was physical with Gasol on the boards and on defense. Eventually, you could just see Gasol mail it in.
  • The Lakers really don't have an answer for LeBron James. I used to think Artest would be it when they signed him but this is the second year in a row that LeBron has really abused Artest. This was evident in Artest's frustration.
  • DWade is a great match-up for Kobe defensively. The Heat regularly had three bodies in the lane to try to dissuade Kobe from trying to penetrate, but it was really Flash who was handling him one on one even with a bad knee. Wade has the speed and the know-how to contain Kobe defensively. Wade also presents a headache for Kobe offensively as well.
  • The Heat, as a whole, have a speed advantage at every single position over the Lakers. They also have guys who can knock down jump shots when the Lakers crowd the lane. This speed advantage kills the Lakers on both ends as the Heat's defense absolutely swarmed L.A.'s playmakers pretty much whenever they got their hands on the ball yesterday.

For all of the reasons I'm mentioning as to why Miami is a bad match-up for L.A., Boston is a bad match-up for Miami. The teams that can play with Miami are the teams that can play defense with them. Right now, Boston is the only team in the Eastern Conference that I can honestly say cause match-up problems for the Heat. Kevin Garnett is just as long and is stronger than Chris Bosh and routinely out-muscles him for the basketball. Shaq can, will, and has absolutely sh!t all over Big Z and Joel Anthony. It'll be interesting to see how he matches up with Dampier, although I can't see the result being all that different than it was with Z and Anthony. Paul Pierce can match LeBron shot for shot and defends him well (better than what I saw Artest do yesterday). I guess there's familiarity there because, otherwise, I would say that Artest is a better defender than Truth. Ray Allen is a bad match-up for DWade because Allen, at his age, can still stay step for step with Wade defensively and, on offense, is able to get loose for just enough open threes to kill Miami. And Miami really doesn't have an answer for Rondo and his distribution of the ball. I think it's laughable when people mention Chalmers in the same sentence with Rondo. It's not even close. Arroyo hasn't appeared capable of containing him either. If Rondo can find a consistent jump shot (IMO, the main thing that killed the Celtics chances in Game 7 of the NBA Finals last year), the Celtics will be unstoppable.

Bottom line, if the Miami Heat are Superman, the Celtics are their kryptonite. I don't see how L.A. is ever going to be able to match up well with them as long as Bynum is in a constant state of injured and, even then, I don't think L.A. matches up well with the Heat still. It wouldn't surprise me to see the Heat take them again in March. The Celtics, however, are another story.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back