PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Positivity Thread...and thoughts on Jacksonville

Status
Not open for further replies.
Positivity?

b77417b8c3d567ffefd07d026e4851e0821857c53c209f90e211e82d18ab049e.jpg
Love me some Sweet Brown, “I thought somebody was bah be queing, I got bronchitis.” Ain’t nobody got time for that !

That is an ill informed incorrect understanding of what has happened.

Lewis actually took away gillislee job. Burkhead backs up both Lewis and white and has a package designed for him that gets used occassionally.

Umm, “ill informed”? Care to expand on that? Or, is this the part where you make a generic, canned statement and then run away?

Brady has a hair across his ass in terms of who he deems worthy of catching a pass from him as a wr,te or rb. This is well documented. He would rather stare down a binky and wait, as opposed to checking down an inferior player who is wide open.

Bb has done an outstanding job forcing brady to not subliminally make that mistake. Gillislee rides the bench for chrissakes. The point is, these guys at rb are versatile and very good.

I am just thankful i can easily blame mcmoron if he blows this as opposed to seeing people bash other rbs who we saw catch balls where it was effective, even if not the second coming of roger craig for brady. I mean, you toss the ball to bjge on a swing pass or two in sb 46 or the same to maroney in sb 42, and we probably win both games.

There is such a thing as overanalysis at anything in life.

Umm, “ill informed”? Care to expand on that? Or, is this the part where you make a generic, canned statement and then run away?
Your comment about rb usage was wrong.
EDITING COMMENTS TO COMPLY WITH IANS NEW RULE.

Yes the rb who plays on running downs gets more carries. Yes the running back who plays on passing downs gets more receptions but the pass/run ratio has always been consistent with diwn and distance (and game situation) so who is in the game has not been a rip off.
Brady has a hair across his ass in terms of who he deems worthy of catching a pass from him as a wr,te or rb. This is well documented. He would rather stare down a binky and wait, as opposed to checking down an inferior player who is wide open.
This is even more wrong and ignorant.
Brady more than any an in the nfl, probably in history reads his progressions and throws to the open man. When the guy who gets open the mist is a rb, RBs get lots of passes, when it’s the TE then TEs do, etc etc
Bb has done an outstanding job forcing brady to not subliminally make that mistake. Gillislee rides the bench for chrissakes. The point is, these guys at rb are versatile and very good.
What are you even talking about here?
Can’t add anything here because I don’t understand what this is supposed to mean.
I am just thankful i can easily blame mcmoron if he blows this as opposed to seeing people bash other rbs who we saw catch balls where it was effective, even if not the second coming of roger craig for brady. I mean, you toss the ball to bjge on a swing pass or two in sb 46 or the same to maroney in sb 42, and we probably win both games.
You really have no clue.
Throwing passes to RBs just to say you did accomplishes nothing c
There is such a thing as overanalysis at anything in life.
And evidently such a thing as blathering about something you know nothing about.
I’m not going to go back and forth here because I disagree with the entire thought process and tend to disagree with your outlook on all things football related so I’ll keave it at that for now.

Last edited by a moderator:
PatsFans.com Code Of Conduct: PLEASE READ

Avoid Insults In Making Your Point - Please use words other than "idiot", "moron", "stupid" to back up any posts you disagree with - There have been a plethora of these types of responses and we're respectfully asking you to avoid them and put in a little more effort to explain why you disagree with a post. Suggestions to refute such posts would be:
  • Observations, data or links that back up your argument of why you disagree
  • Other examples, threads, links of people who agree with your point of view
  • Not using responses that attack someone's intelligence, character, fan allegiance, etc.

Last edited:
I'll be honest I am nervous about this game, and i probably take it more seriously than I should. However, I am also trying to be positive and send good vibes. I do think we match up well and can win. Our RBs will create mismatches and are versatile enough to do all sorts of screens, draws, play actions, etc. Others have mentioned it before, "death by a thousand paper cuts", similar to the gameplan against Seattle in 2014. The Jags are good so I don't discount them at all. We just need to get in their heads and exploit their weaknesses. I feel like we can get Bortles to make mistakes and he is overdue for a big turnover. I'm hoping we can even run the ball and control the clock more. Would love to see Cooks and Dorsett get more looks because of their speed, but even as decoys that is fine. Our O-line just really needs to hold up and do their job.

Lewis, Burkhead, White, and even Bolden. What's the play? Run? Pass? Back stays in to protect? All four can do all three jobs.

I hope to see a lot of Cooks and Dorsett - just for the speed. Like they did with Denver - force the secondary to focus on them and make the linebackers try to cover Gronk and the backs. Use that to open the run game even more.

Nice: imagine a Three WR set with Cooks and Dorsett running Clear Outs! with Gronk and either Hogan or Amendola in the Slot. Brady would have Four options at anytime lethal O.:cool:

Good time to jump on the 7.5. Once they see Brady practice it is going back up to 9

Strange that the over/under has dropped only 1/2 a point from 47 to 46 1/2.

To stay positive I muted Michael Holley's crazed sky is falling rant last night after saying that if Brady can't practice that means Hoyer has to start on Sunday.

Strange that the over/under has dropped only 1/2 a point from 47 to 46 1/2.

To stay positive I muted Michael Holley's crazed sky is falling rant last night after saying that if Brady can't practice that means Hoyer has to start on Sunday.
Sports show talk. They need to keep the narrative of “the sky is falling” for ratings. Brady gets a bad rap for being a sissy. He is tough as nails and will play well Sunday. Bettors like the over/under bet better than the spread. Vegas is not getting crazy with that adjustment

I'll be honest I am nervous about this game, and i probably take it more seriously than I should. However, I am also trying to be positive and send good vibes. I do think we match up well and can win. Our RBs will create mismatches and are versatile enough to do all sorts of screens, draws, play actions, etc. Others have mentioned it before, "death by a thousand paper cuts", similar to the gameplan against Seattle in 2014. The Jags are good so I don't discount them at all. We just need to get in their heads and exploit their weaknesses. I feel like we can get Bortles to make mistakes and he is overdue for a big turnover. I'm hoping we can even run the ball and control the clock more. Would love to see Cooks and Dorsett get more looks because of their speed, but even as decoys that is fine. Our O-line just really needs to hold up and do their job.
I have evolved to the point where I just see it as entertainment. I was a mess after some losses in the past, but never for too long. I am trying to look at it like if Hoyer plays the entertainment of it takes on a different kind of flavor.

I remember being pretty excited some of Cassell's wins in 2008. And let's face it, we have been on the good side of some major luck the last few years. That said, I am pretty confident they win this game even with Hoyer.

PS: I admit, my confidence may be fool's gold though.

I keep going back to the fact that NOBODY is talking about the Pat’s defense. It’s all about “The Jags Defense is perfectly built to stop the Pat’s offense.” Which is kinda funny, because that defense gave up 42 to Pittsburgh and 44 to SF. Neither team scored more than the Pats this year.

Our defense should be able to keep Jacksonville under 20 points. I don’t care about yards, I don’t care about defensive rankings, I care about points. The Pats gave up the least amount of points per game the last 12 weeks of the regular season (under 14), and gave up 14 to the Titans, 7 of those in garbage time. Nobody talks about the matchup of how the Jaguars will go up against the Pat’s D. The Pat’s D are a bunch of hungry dogs !

I believe Hoyer has zero as well....

I think he lost one with Houston one year. He looked pretty bad doing it too as I recall.

I keep going back to the fact that NOBODY is talking about the Pat’s defense. It’s all about “The Jags Defense is perfectly built to stop the Pat’s offense.” Which is kinda funny, because that defense gave up 42 to Pittsburgh and 44 to SF. Neither team scored more than the Pats this year.

Our defense should be able to keep Jacksonville under 20 points. I don’t care about yards, I don’t care about defensive rankings, I care about points. The Pats gave up the least amount of points per game the last 12 weeks of the regular season (under 14), and gave up 14 to the Titans, 7 of those in garbage time. Nobody talks about the matchup of how the Jaguars will go up against the Pat’s D. The Pat’s D are a bunch of hungry dogs !

That is not an accident, either. Willie McGinest labels NE's D the worst of the remaining Ds, even behind Philly, which I disagree with. A big secret about Philly's D is their 3rd down D has worsened since Foles took over for Wentz.

Bet Minny on Sunday.

But, yeah, the Pats D, when they've been healthy, which they are now, has been outstanding, and the media does not want the average fan to know that.

I think the D will again be itching to get out there and execute, and will have taken the media ignoring them completely, very personally.

They just have to be careful of the scrambling and playaction situations that Bortles likes to use, so Marquis Flowers will need to have a big game guessing right for run or playaction, and not over-pursuing, playing with some controlled energy there.

If they can use Branch in this one with Harrison on the edges, maybe some more 3-4 looks to mess with them, I can see that working well, obviously the main focus being Fournette. But, Yeldon can also play, even if a completely different style. He's sort of like a DeAngelo Williams to Fournette being like a Leveon Bell, so to speak.

Your comment about rb usage was wrong.
EDITING COMMENTS TO COMPLY WITH IANS NEW RULE.

Yes the rb who plays on running downs gets more carries. Yes the running back who plays on passing downs gets more receptions but the pass/run ratio has always been consistent with diwn and distance (and game situation) so who is in the game has not been a rip off.

This is even more wrong and ignorant.
Brady more than any an in the nfl, probably in history reads his progressions and throws to the open man. When the guy who gets open the mist is a rb, RBs get lots of passes, when it’s the TE then TEs do, etc etc

What are you even talking about here?
Can’t add anything here because I don’t understand what this is supposed to mean.

You really have no clue.
Throwing passes to RBs just to say you did accomplishes nothing c

And evidently such a thing as blathering about something you know nothing about.
I’m not going to go back and forth here because I disagree with the entire thought process and tend to disagree with your outlook on all things football related so I’ll keave it at that for now.

Are you done rambling and not making any counter points yet? Aren't you the guy who thinks the Pats don't use any West Coasdt concepts, like timing routes ,where the ball is out, focusing on YAC, passing a lot to the RBs, etc?

lol

Keep thinking that BB loading up on RBs, shifting the focus of the offense to versatile RBs that can do it all pretty well, is somehow an accident just like when he shifted the offense in 2007 or 2010, the latter for TEs, Gronk and Hernandez.

It's what BB does. He shifts the offense around, where the focus is, every 2-3 years, when pother teams try to draft or sign guys to counter.

Enjoy watching some good running against a mediocre Run D on Sunday and watching Jax struggle to cover the TEs and RBs just like Tenn and then you think of the 1984 49ers again and how the Pats offense looks just like that this year.

YES. Thank god, BB has loaded up on versatile weapons for Brady, namely at RB, where there is no reason to sub the RBs as much as they had in the past, which was their downfall in 2 SB losses. When you can predict if it's a run or pass, over and over, and over, painfully so, so consistently, that's a problem.

It's all right there in front of them.

Are you done rambling and not making any counter points yet? Aren't you the guy who thinks the Pats don't use any West Coasdt concepts, like timing routes ,where the ball is out, focusing on YAC, passing a lot to the RBs, etc?

lol
I thought you had accepted you were wrong that the patriot offense is a west coast offense. I think that discussion ends when you “proof” was we are running less shotgun, and I showed you the facts that we aren’t.

Keep thinking that BB loading up on RBs, shifting the focus of the offense to versatile RBs that can do it all pretty well, is somehow an accident just like when he shifted the offense in 2007 or 2010, the latter for TEs, Gronk and Hernandez.
He hasn’t shifted the focus at all. He brought gillislee in to take blount role. Then he failed and Lewis took it. Lewis wasn’t even catching passes until burkhead and white went out. 16 targets in the 12 games and only 10 in the first 9.

It's what BB does. He shifts the offense around, where the focus is, every 2-3 years, when pother teams try to draft or sign guys to counter.
This had nothing to do with your claim.

Enjoy watching some good running against a mediocre Run D on Sunday and watching Jax struggle to cover the TEs and RBs just like Tenn and then you think of the 1984 49ers again and how the Pats offense looks just like that this year.
The patriot offense only resembles the 84 niners by being good. The schemes are very different.

[quite]YES. Thank god, BB has loaded up on versatile weapons for Brady, namely at RB, where there is no reason to sub the RBs as much as they had in the past, which was their downfall in 2 SB losses. When you can predict if it's a run or pass, over and over, and over, painfully so, so consistently, that's a problem.[/quote]
He subs RBs as much as ever, probably more this year when all are healthy.
This is where you are off track.
It has never been predictable because of personell. Playing the guy who is the primary runner on running downs and running the same frequency as everyone does in running durns is not a tip off. The patriots threw the ball 228 times with blount in the field last year. When you look at the dorm and distance he was in the field for that is a typical run/pas ratio for that down and distance. If you seriously think guessing run or pass 60% effectively passed upon down and distance Is shocking you should study up on football some more.
It's all right there in front of them.
It would seem that you have some novice football fan misconceptions that you are unwilling to view objectively so you and I discussing football isn’t going to go well. I’m going to do my best to just disregard your posts.
Perhaps there are other posters you can have better discussions with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back