PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Positivity Thread...and thoughts on Jacksonville

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought you had accepted you were wrong that the patriot offense is a west coast offense. I think that discussion ends when you “proof” was we are running less shotgun, and I showed you the facts that we aren’t.

He hasn’t shifted the focus at all. He brought gillislee in to take blount role. Then he failed and Lewis took it. Lewis wasn’t even catching passes until burkhead and white went out. 16 targets in the 12 games and only 10 in the first 9.

This had nothing to do with your claim.

The patriot offense only resembles the 84 niners by being good. The schemes are very different.

[quite]YES. Thank god, BB has loaded up on versatile weapons for Brady, namely at RB, where there is no reason to sub the RBs as much as they had in the past, which was their downfall in 2 SB losses. When you can predict if it's a run or pass, over and over, and over, painfully so, so consistently, that's a problem.
He subs RBs as much as ever, probably more this year when all are healthy.
This is where you are off track.
It has never been predictable because of personell. Playing the guy who is the primary runner on running downs and running the same frequency as everyone does in running durns is not a tip off. The patriots threw the ball 228 times with blount in the field last year. When you look at the dorm and distance he was in the field for that is a typical run/pas ratio for that down and distance. If you seriously think guessing run or pass 60% effectively passed upon down and distance Is shocking you should study up on football some more.

It would seem that you have some novice football fan misconceptions that you are unwilling to view objectively so you and I discussing football isn’t going to go well. I’m going to do my best to just disregard your posts.
Perhaps there are other posters you can have better discussions with.[/QUOTE]

Umm, he is running less shotgun than from 2007-2013. Yes.

That was proven by the numbers. It's not by much, but it's still true. His postseason INT rate also skyrocketed from 2007-2012, as well.

He was a better game manager from 2001-2004 under Weis than he has been under McDaniels/O'Brien. Only in 2014, when Blount came back and they started to run more, use more heavy sets, Gronk to block more, etc, keep him healthy, did this start to turn back for the better.

Enjoy the pass receiving by our RBs in Sunday and the West Coast-based concepts on your tv screen! I know I will as I have all year. Burkhead being ready to go and probably ready to go crazy, will be a good sight, too.

Thank to BB for making the tweaks and loading up on very versatile RBs like SF had in the mid 80s with Craig, Tyler and Carl Monroe.

"It appears" you get insecure when someone has more football knowledge than you, where you show you can't handle it.

Last edited:
He subs RBs as much as ever, probably more this year when all are healthy.
This is where you are off track.
It has never been predictable because of personell. Playing the guy who is the primary runner on running downs and running the same frequency as everyone does in running durns is not a tip off. The patriots threw the ball 228 times with blount in the field last year. When you look at the dorm and distance he was in the field for that is a typical run/pas ratio for that down and distance. If you seriously think guessing run or pass 60% effectively passed upon down and distance Is shocking you should study up on football some more.

It would seem that you have some novice football fan misconceptions that you are unwilling to view objectively so you and I discussing football isn’t going to go well. I’m going to do my best to just disregard your posts.
Perhaps there are other posters you can have better discussions with.

Umm, he is running less shotgun than from 2007-2013. Yes.

That was proven by the numbers. It's not by much, but it's still true. His postseason INT rate also skyrocketed from 2007-2012, as well.
No the numbers show no real change in shot gun vs under the center, and your argument was it was a major change THIS YEAR. it is not.

He was a better game manager from 2001-2004 under Weis than he has been under McDaniels/O'Brien. Only in 2014, when Blount came back and they started to run more, use more heavy sets, Gronk to block more, etc, keep him healthy, did this start to turn back for the better.
There is nothing correct in this paragraph.

Enjoy the pass receiving by our RBs in Sunday and the West Coast-based concepts on your tv screen! I know I will as I have all year. Burkhead being ready to go and probably ready to go crazy, will be a good sight, too.
Targets to RB
2015. 142
2016. 126.
2017 148
The difference? Brady missed 4 games in 2016
and rb targets were down.

Thank to BB for making the tweaks and loading up on very versatile RBs like SF had in the mid 80s with Craig, Tyler and Craig Monroe.
I’m going to move on now. We will agree to disagree.

No the numbers show no real change in shot gun vs under the center, and your argument was it was a major change THIS YEAR. it is not.

There is nothing correct in this paragraph.

Targets to RB
2015. 142
2016. 126.
2017 148
The difference? Brady missed 4 games in 2016
and rb targets were down.

I’m going to move on now. We will agree to disagree.

You're proving to not get it....Hilarious. It's the SUBBING OF THE BACKS to use them for certain plays based on the skill set, and avoiding needing to do that, which is the key.

Sorry, but this proves you're not getting, Accumulation of stats and hard data doesn't ever show anyone the entire picture.

The RBs, can all run inside and out, block well and catch well. I'd put White first as the best pass receiver, Burkhead second and Lewis 3rd, with Gillislee 4th.

Out of that group, Lewis and Burkhead are the best power backs inside, but White can also do his thing by slithering in and out.

Are you telling me Steven Jackson and White in 2015 is on the same level of how McDaniels can use the backs in this offense?

LOL

Good thing the pass to RB totals are close, though! You really showed me.

You're proving to not get it....Hilarious. It's the SUBBING OF THE BACKS to use them for certain plays based on the skill set, and avoiding needing to do that, which is the key.

Sorry, but this proves you're not getting, Accumulation of stats and hard data doesn't ever show anyone the entire picture.

The RBs, can all run inside and out, block well and catch well. I'd put White first as the best pass receiver, Burkhead second and Lewis 3rd, with Gillislee 4th.

Out of that group, Lewis and Burkhead are the best power backs inside, but White can also do his thing by slithering in and out.

Are you telling me Steven Jackson and White in 2015 is on the same level of how McDaniels can use the backs in this offense?

LOL

Good thing the pass to RB totals are close, though! You really showed me.
You are moving the goalposts from an offensive philosophy change and using different running backs being a tip off which are both incorrect to we have good running backs this year which is correct.

I keep going back to the fact that NOBODY is talking about the Pat’s defense. It’s all about “The Jags Defense is perfectly built to stop the Pat’s offense.” Which is kinda funny, because that defense gave up 42 to Pittsburgh and 44 to SF. Neither team scored more than the Pats this year.

Our defense should be able to keep Jacksonville under 20 points. I don’t care about yards, I don’t care about defensive rankings, I care about points. The Pats gave up the least amount of points per game the last 12 weeks of the regular season (under 14), and gave up 14 to the Titans, 7 of those in garbage time. Nobody talks about the matchup of how the Jaguars will go up against the Pat’s D. The Pat’s D are a bunch of hungry dogs !

13.6 pts per game after week 6.......but shhhhhh!

You are moving the goalposts from an offensive philosophy change and using different running backs being a tip off which are both incorrect to we have good running backs this year which is correct.

lol

“incorrect”

yes, less subbing of the backs on a drive is “incorrect”.

brady always threw to blount and blount was never feverishly subbed on and off, stoned behind the line on 3rd and shorts or anything like that. double lol

Last edited:
Brady just has a sprained thumb and once the game starts and adrenalin flows he won't feel it.

lol

“incorrect”

yes, less subbing of the backs on a drive is “incorrect”.

brady always threw to blount and blount was never feverishly subbed on and off, stoned behind the line on 3rd and shorts or anything like that. double lol
Like I said perhaps there is someone you can have football conversations with.
I don’t think anyone is interested in you and I filling up the board repeating his we see things 180 degrees differently.

Like I said perhaps there is someone you can have football conversations with.
I don’t think anyone is interested in you and I filling up the board repeating his we see things 180 degrees differently.

if only if you check your ego and try to learn something from others, maybe that could happen?

good luck

Brady just has a sprained thumb and once the game starts and adrenalin flows he won't feel it.
giphy.gif

if only if you check your ego and try to learn something from others, maybe that could happen?

good luck
I learn a lot from many people but I’ve read enough of your opinions on football to know reading them is a waste of my time. Feel free to toss in whatever last word you feel you need.

Wait a minute, I thought the Mods said to keep this on subject. I created this thread about positivity and all I see is name calling and people trying their best to prove people wrong. Let’s get back on track, making this thread unreadable

I hope this is true. No matter what thread I look at it's Chicken Littles or folks arguing. Guess it's time to get off the boards and wait for Sunday. Go Pats!

This jags fans just became a jags fans this playoffs. Check out the OP's post in this thread

***Official Jaguars @ Patriots 2018 AFC Championship Game Thread***

AmeliaFL said:
Greetings, Jaguars fans!
smile.png
Our 2017 AFC South Division Champions, and 12-6 Jacksonville Jaguars are in Foxborough, Massachusetts, for the first time since September 2015, to play the AFC East Champions, and 14-3 New England Patriots in Sunday afternoon's 2018 AFC Championship Game. Jaguars and Patriots are also meeting in their second all-time NFL Playoff Game between both teams.

Can Tom throw the deep ball is one of the biggest questions followed by ....how accurate will he be with what he has going on!? He can’t underthrow cooks at all because he isn’t coming back and fighting for it!!! Hopefully Dorsett steps up

QUOTE="Chevy, post: 5222737, member: 1949"]Lewis, Burkhead, White, and even Bolden. What's the play? Run? Pass? Back stays in to protect? All four can do all three jobs.

I hope to see a lot of Cooks and Dorsett - just for the speed. Like they did with Denver - force the secondary to focus on them and make the linebackers try to cover Gronk and the backs. Use that to open the run game even more.[/QUOTE]

So Chucky is one of us now lmao?

How about the Pats getting int's, so many of Blake's completions against Pitt were to wide open players. Tighter coverage and Pats will win the turnover battle . Especially if the Jags find themselves down by 10 or more points . All this talk about the Jags D , think the Pats d will come out with a chip on their shoulder .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back