PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

REAL cheating....by the Colts... of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Michael Hurley‏Verified account @michaelFhurley
I'm about to share some interesting information to further that Colts/Manning/hearing aid story.

11:01 AM - 7 Jul 2017

6 replies1 retweet12 likes
it's probably this article from 1/29/2012. the rams were going to using hearing aids during their regular season game with the titans on 10/31/1999 at tennessee. the league denied them.

St. Louis Post-Dispatch: Fisher faces many reminders of Super Bowl loss to Rams

The Rams had planned to have their offensive linemen use experimental hearing-aid devices to help block out crowd noise for the game. When the Titans learned of that, they complained to the league office. Three days before kickoff, the league notified the Rams that because member clubs hadn't approved use of the devices, they couldn't be used in the game.

Last edited:
here's what hurley was talking about. the NFL experimented with hearing aids during the 2000 pre-season, but ended up not devising a specific policy regarding them.

NFL Did Indeed Experiment With Hearing Aids In 1999, 2000

Marino said he first proposed making the custom hearing aids for the St. Louis Rams in 1999. An article from the St. Louis Post-Dispatch archives on Dec. 7, 1999, explains that the Rams were planning on using them for against the Titans in 1999, but after the devices received some media attention, Jeff Fisher complained. The devices were banned for that game. Titans fans reacted by bringing an extra level of noise, forcing eight false starts from the Rams. The Titans won, 24-21.

However, according to the Post-Dispatch, the NFL dropped the ban after that game on the “noise eliminators,” because they “neither transmit nor interfere with electronic signals.”

The Rams went on to win the Super Bowl at the end of that 1999 season. They defeated Fisher’s Titans.

(A more recent story from the St. Louis Post-Dispatch also shares some details of that situation in 1999 and how Fisher’s complaint helped boost the Rams-Titans rivalry.)

The following year, the NFL adopted a trial program for the hearing aids in the preseason. The St. Louis Business Journal detailed the trial run in 2000, noting that seven teams had signed up to try out the devices. Marino said the Colts were one of those teams.

After the preseason trial run ended, the NFL chose not to adopt a specific policy on the devices. But Marino said that the custom-made pieces were not collected. Instead, players who had them were allowed to keep them.

here's the original article detailing the trial:

https://www.bizjournals.com/stlouis/stories/2000/08/14/story4.html

Mike Marino is a few preseason games away from finding out if his Noise Eliminator will score big with the National Football League.

The device is designed to block out background noise, allowing offensive linemen to clearly hear the quarterback's cadence -- even above the screams of fans.

"We're leveling the field," said Marino, owner of Southwestern Hearing Aid Centers. "Crowd noise will have less of an impact on the game."

Seven NFL teams, including the St. Louis Rams, are testing the Noise Eliminator -- free of charge -- during the preseason.

If the device is approved for general use, Marino and his licensed partners will supply them to 31 NFL teams, which field seven players at a time on the offensive line.

here's what hurley was talking about. the NFL experimented with hearing aids during the 2000 pre-season, but ended up not devising a specific policy regarding them.

If the device is approved for general use, Marino and his licensed partners will supply them to 31 NFL teams, which field seven players at a time on the offensive line.

Let me guess which team they forgot about?

The Texans weren't a team yet. Sorry to put a rip into the tin foil

there were only 31 teams in the NFL in 2000. the texans joined the league in 2002.

In the end the fact remains that this thread isn't about whether the Colts were trying to gain an advantage back when they did this. OF COURSE they were. So were the other 31 teams back then in one way or another.

No, this thread was about just pointing out ANOTHER example of the blatant hypocrisy of the NFL league office, Rodger Goodell and his NYJ cronies, and jealous ownership groups that led the bogus witchhunt also known as "framegate".

Middle school science has long since proven that NOTHING happened that AFCCG in January of 2015. This fact has being backed up by MULTIPLE Nobel laureates.

So the fact that even when most mediots acknowledge the ridiculousness of the charges, it is extremely frustrating when they rarely fail to add a qualifier to their condemnation of the league, as if to say "Brady should have been found not guilty of the charge, but that doesn't mean something fishy wasn't going on".

And when that happens I scream at the screen that "No! It's been PROVEN that nothing "fishy" had EVER gone on.

But its to no avail. Brady has been permanently slandered and so have the Patriots organization.....AND its fans.

When the "big lie" gets a chance to fester, you can eventually wash out most of it when the truth comes out, but some the stink of the lie still remains. How else can you explain how so many people can so casually dismiss global warming, or even evolution? :rolleyes:

In the end the fact remains that this thread isn't about whether the Colts were trying to gain an advantage back when they did this. OF COURSE they were. So were the other 31 teams back then in one way or another. No this thread was about just pointing out ANOTHER example of the blatant hypocricy of the NFL league office, Rodger Goodell and his NYJ cronies, and jealous ownership groups that led the bogus witchhunt also known as "framegate".

Middle school science has long since proven that NOTHING happened that AFCCG in January of 2015. This fact has being backed up by MULTIPLE Nobel laureates. So the fact that even when most mediots acknowledge the ridiculousness of the charges, it is extremely frustrating when they rarely fail to add a qualifier to their condemnation of the league, as if to say "Brady should have been found not guilty of the charge, but that doesn't mean something fishy wasn't going on".

And when that happens I scream at the screan that "No! It's been PROVEN that nothing "fishy" had EVER gone on. But its to no avail. Brady has been permentently slandered and so have the Patriots organization.....AND its fans. When the "big lie" gets a chance to fester, you can eventually wash out most of it when the truth comes out, but some the stink of the lie still remains. How else can you explain how so many people can so casually dismiss global warming, or even evolusion? :rolleyes:

I think you're leaning over the deep end a bit with the political statements, but the points you make are valid.

Not to be critical, but if we change the word evolusion to evilusion, we might have a good new word for the crap the NYFL has pulled with Brady and the Pats.

My standard reaction to the Pats haters is that I couldn't care less what they think. That seems to work well for me.

Have said it before but I keep waiting for someone to do a 20/20 on the entire deflategate controversy; from the initial disinformation campaign, the rush to judgement across the sports and national media, the conflation of this alleged discretion to one of the more heinous actions in sports and possibly American history (Tommy, what about the children?) to the laughable Wells report, to the NFL's unwillingness to listen to scientific logic and to not only double down on their claims but to actively disparage a star player with additional bogus "leaks" like Brady wanted the transcripts sealed (oops - did not expect judge Berman to do THAT) to the farce of the appeal process.

It is why all Pats fans continue to revel in stupid stories like walkie talkie gate, and now the airplugs/hearing aids. No one actually cares about any of this stuff and even if it is breaking the rules a tad who really cares. But because you ran OUR TEAM and worse Tom F'ing Brady through this farce we can never relent.

I think you're leaning over the deep end a bit with the political statements, but the points you make are valid.

Not to be critical, but if we change the word evolusion to evilusion, we might have a good new word for the crap the NYFL has pulled with Brady and the Pats.

My standard reaction to the Pats haters is that I couldn't care less what they think. That seems to work well for me.
But that is my exact point, 60. My comments on global warming and evolution AREN'T "political statements", they are scientific FACTS.

To deny it is like claiming to believe water is made up of one hydrogen atom and not 2. To deny it is like believing that its the earth and not the sun that is the center of our solar system. It's like believing that humans co-existed with the Dinosaurs, and earth is only a few thousand years old.

But thanks for agreeing with the main point I was trying to make, which that the NYJFL slandered, railroaded, and otherwise framed the Pats and Tom Brady, and there are NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO qualifiers. ;)

Have said it before but I keep waiting for someone to do a 20/20 on the entire deflategate controversy; from the initial disinformation campaign, the rush to judgement across the sports and national media, the conflation of this alleged discretion to one of the more heinous actions in sports and possibly American history (Tommy, what about the children?) to the laughable Wells report, to the NFL's unwillingness to listen to scientific logic and to not only double down on their claims but to actively disparage a star player with additional bogus "leaks" like Brady wanted the transcripts sealed (oops - did not expect judge Berman to do THAT) to the farce of the appeal process.

It is why all Pats fans continue to revel in stupid stories like walkie talkie gate, and now the airplugs/hearing aids. No one actually cares about any of this stuff and even if it is breaking the rules a tad who really cares. But because you ran OUR TEAM and worse Tom F'ing Brady through this farce we can never relent.

Ho, there...a dentist?? Well, bunky, I've always admired what you skillful chaps can do with a whirring drill...yes sir. ....and you seem to have a bit of repressed anger towards Roger "The Moron Goon" Goondell. Well, you might find this a bit comforting. I do not like this rotten piece of decaying enamel that's a constant source of of blinding pain either. What say we collaborate on a solution at some point... I'll get the rotten sonuvabiatch super glued to a dental chair and jack his big mouth wide open...and then you can check the air pressures of all his teeth with a nice dull dental drill. Just a thought...:D

But that is my exact point, 60. My comments on globakl warming and evolution AREN'T "political statements" they are scientific FACTS. To deny it is like claiming to believe water is made up of one hydrogen atom and not 2. To deny it is like believing that its the earth and not the sun that is the center of our solar system. It's like believing that humans co-existed with the Dinasaurs, and earth is only a few thousand years old.
Someone-is-wrong-on-internet.png

But that is my exact point, 60. My comments on globakl warming and evolution AREN'T "political statements" they are scientific FACTS. To deny it is like claiming to believe water is made up of one hydrogen atom and not 2. To deny it is like believing that its the earth and not the sun that is the center of our solar system. It's like believing that humans co-existed with the Dinasaurs, and earth is only a few thousand years old.

But thanks for agreeing with the main point I was trying to make, which that the NYFL slandered, railroaded, and otherwise framed the Pats and Tom Brady, and there are NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO qualifiers. ;)

Unfortunately, the evolution of the NYJFL worked perfectly. They took a very hard working and high character veteran player, who has shown the utmost respect for the game and it's players, and turned him from the GOAT into a dishonest player in the eyes of the uninformed. Why in the world would they do such a thing?

Ho, there...a dentist?? Well, bunky, I've always admired what you skillful chaps can do with a whirring drill...yes sir. ....and you seem to have a bit of repressed anger towards Roger "The Moron Goon" Goondell. Well, you might find this a bit comforting. I do not like this rotten piece of decaying enamel that's a constant source of of blinding pain either. What say we collaborate on a solution at some point... I'll get the rotten sonuvabiatch super glued to a dental chair and jack his big mouth wide open...and then you can check the air pressures of all his teeth with a nice dull dental drill. Just a thought...:D

Send me the details please...I'll just be sitting in the corner with the nitrous tank.

If Comissioner Nifong is ever removed from office, it will be because teams are tired of different standards for different teams. This is just another example.

Let's face it, the Giants using walkie talkies is far worse than anything the Patriots did because it allowed Coach McAdoo to talk to Eli Manning even while the play was going on. Even the worst characterization of Cameragate gave no advantage until a future game. Yet, the Giants didn't even lose a pick -- only a loss of eight spots.

I'm sure other owners in the Giants division are not pleased that the rules don't apply to the Giants the same as it does to them.

If it wasnt cheating it would be something else. People need an excuse to hate the pats cause wewin all the time. Deflategate is a perfect example. With about 20 mins of research the whole case unravels, but people believe what they want to believe.

Because "global warming" is nothing more than a power-and money-grabbing hoax perpetuated by willful idiots such as Bill Nye the Non-Science Guy, who also helped perpetuate the defamegate hoax, not so coincidentally.
Not so much a lie, as a highly insidious half truth. The globe is warming. There's even an absolutely tiny percentage of that that's actually human-caused.

The lie they follow this truth with is, that if we surrender our sovereignty, suborn our government processes and turn all political p0wer over to them, they will fix everything and it will be all rainbows and sunshine.

There's variations on the theme, some want scientists in charge, some want a global world government, some don't know what they want beyond power itself. but it all boils down to "put us in power and do as we say or you are dooming the planet!"

It's not entirely truthless. But giving the whiners the power they want isn't actually going to save any planets at all. it's just going to empower exactly the kind of people who should NOT be empowered -- political opportunists, activists who can't see beyond their cause, intellectuals far too impressed with their intelligence to remember their humanity, that kind of people.

If Comissioner Nifong is ever removed from office, it will be because teams are tired of different standards for different teams. This is just another example.

Let's face it, the Giants using walkie talkies is far worse than anything the Patriots did because it allowed Coach McAdoo to talk to Eli Manning even while the play was going on. Even the worst characterization of Cameragate gave no advantage until a future game. Yet, the Giants didn't even lose a pick -- only a loss of eight spots.

I'm sure other owners in the Giants division are not pleased that the rules don't apply to the Giants the same as it does to them.
Ever wonder if all the crap the league is handing down to the Giants, just part of a conspiracy to make sure the Giants have an edge in supposedly a tough division. Granted the Cowboys are as sleazy as their owner, but one has to give it some credibility since we all know that certain teams ARE on the protected list and the Giants are at the top of that list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back