PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

REAL cheating....by the Colts... of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The NFL, in my opinion, will never again go near any situation which involves alleged cheating, even by the Patriots. I've come to believe that Deflategate was such a ****show for them that their reaction to any perceived " cheating" will be "nothing to see here.". I think the league reaction to walkie-talkie, alleged injury report violations by several teams, including NE, etc. recently has borne that out. Our team got f#####, but no one else will be investigated and sanctioned for a long, long time.

Incidentally, my wife works with Tarik Glenn (subject of the OP article) at Cal. He is indeed a great guy despite having played for the Colts. He's incredibly passionate about giving back to the community and making a difference in the lives of kids and at-risk teenagers. Also really nice and charismatic, he's in a perfect spot for what he wants to do.

I met him a couple times. The first thing he ever said to me, in a fake menacing tone, was "I hear you're a Patriots fan". It was pretty funny.

I think it's great that Tarik talked about this given that I believe he was one of the Colts OL that was thrown under the bus by Peyton after losing to the Steelers in the playoffs (if I have my timeline right). Revenge is a dish best served cold.

BTW I just checked PFT and Florio just posted a story on the Glenn comments about the hearing aids. He of course asked all the right question, but didn't expect much to come of it since it happened in 1998 and Manning is involved.

File this under "nothing to see here"......again.

If I was an ex Patriot player working in the media I would make up the same story in my next interview just to see what happens then call the media/qunts out.

The NFL, in my opinion, will never again go near any situation which involves alleged cheating, even by the Patriots. I've come to believe that Deflategate was such a ****show for them that their reaction to any perceived " cheating" will be "nothing to see here.". I think the league reaction to walkie-talkie, alleged injury report violations by several teams, including NE, etc. recently has borne that out. Our team got f#####, but no one else will be investigated and sanctioned for a long, long time.

I agree, at least for 96.875% of the possible future occurrences. With all those former jester employees there (stupid is, as stupid does); I don't think you can go 100%.

If I was an ex Patriot player working in the media I would make up the same story in my next interview just to see what happens then call the media/qunts out.
If it happened to be the NFL Network or ESPN, you'd be looking for work by nightfall...

Integrity(adj).. an arbitrary standard employed by the NFL exclusively for the New England Patriots to try to impede their excellence on the field during a time when this is not supposed to happen. A capricious and unreasonable effort by Roger Goodell and his legions to try to pay back BB for being the best coach of all time.

BTW I just checked PFT and Florio just posted a story on the Glenn comments about the hearing aids. He of course asked all the right question, but didn't expect much to come of it since it happened in 1998 and Manning is involved.

File this under "nothing to see here"......again.
I did send him an email about it so hopefully that helped. Although nothing will likely come of it ( sounds familiar especially if any scandal involves Giants, Steelers Broncos and now Colts) I think Florio was more likely to cover it since the original source was a link from him in PFT Josh Alper's Monday morning one liners section.... He gets more clicks and the bosses at NBC are happy....

I'm sure ESPN will ask Jeff Saturday about it the next time he is on their turd of a network.....(sarcasm emoji)
If I'm Ted Wells I call up Goodell looking for business.. Why not? He got $5 million for making crap up last time....

Last edited:
Pretty clear this is cheating. NFL will probably look the other way, if the Pats did this we would probably lose an entire draft and be banned from post season play for 2 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back