PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The best of the game thread: Week 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a fine line between:

1. dismissing posts full of negativity and lacking coherent rational thought, and
2. dismissing all dissenting opinions that go against the current group think.

Lets be careful not to do the second. Against the grain posts are sometimes insightful. Responding to critical negative analysis can help us better understand our positions better.

If we are all thinking the same thing, we are not thinking.

Last edited:
You have 17 years of date.
You were wrong.

Not sure what your last sentence is supposed to mean but if you think ability means nothing and success is random you are further off the mark than I thought.

Not sure where you are getting your charting from but a 40 yard pass is not in target as often as a 2 yard pass in any reality.

High low throws to Cooks. Overthrow of Allen on the first play. He was 44 percent for a reason. I was watching with some non Pats fans but not Brady haters who said whoah he doesn’t look right. Everyone including analysts say it goes quick. If people try to deny that they are just trying too hard.

I hope Brady throws for 6k yards, 56 TDs and 0 picks. And plays 5 more years at a high level. Doesn’t mean I’m taking back what I said. Nor should I have to.

High low throws to Cooks. Overthrow of Allen on the first play. He was 44 percent for a reason. I was watching with some non Pats fans but not Brady haters who said whoah he doesn’t look right. Everyone including analysts say it goes quick. If people try to deny that they are just trying too hard.

I hope Brady throws for 6k yards, 56 TDs and 0 picks. And plays 5 more years at a high level. Doesn’t mean I’m taking back what I said. Nor should I have to.

Yeah, he missed a couple of guys because all QBs do that in nearly every game. A couple of guys.

Yeah, he was 44% because most of the time there was little to no separation by his receivers and job #1 for Brady is to take care of the ball, so he would rather the incompletion than the pick. A lot of people don't get that much of the time when Brady misses low or long for example it's to protect the ball because missing the other way can mean a turnover. He's not the GOAT by accident.

He managed a bit more than his career number of yards per game despite that terrible separation, and still took care of the ball. We had 3 cheapo running TDs that he moved the ball to set up which could have easily been TD passes for him. He had drops.

Game one was a testament to Brady's greatness as much as most any game you could name. Lots of Pats fans are so spoiled. I saw a poster on another board start a thread saying the loss was Brady's fault and didn't mention one word about the D giving up 42 points!

By that reasoning, the problem was your lack of language clarity.

"You were saying? Team is junk. Too many holes. Nothing you can hang your hat on and say that's good.
Team is cooked. Butler can't over anymore (nothing new even in lreseason). Brady can't throw better than 45 percent. (He is 40.) D is a sieve.
Add in the injuries that contribute to the above and you get what we see. An 8-8 team."

You didn't write "Brady was/is 44 percent" - - you wrote "Brady can't throw better than 45% percent (He is 40)".

You didn't write "Team looked cooked tonight". You wrote "Team is cooked"

You didn't write "Butler couldn't cover tonight". You wrote "Butler can't over anymore"

And of course, you also added your admittedly 'unfortunate' 8-8 prognostication.

Look, we all have bad moments. I've had my share. What separates out the normal grown-ups from FCB02062, Patrodomous and you is the continuous digging in of heels on factually indefensible statements.

High low throws to Cooks.
. Tough throws down the field. [quote{ Overthrow of Allen on the first play. [/quote] deeo throw to a guy he isn't in sync with yet.
He was 44 percent for a reason.
Yup and it's not the one you incorrectly assumed. If you paid attention you would have known the answer.

i was watching with some non Pats fans but not Brady haters who said whoah he doesn’t look right.
And after watching him 17 years you couldn't enlighten them?

Everyone including analysts say it goes quick. If people try to deny that they are just trying too hard.
No everyonr doesn't say that.

You should because you were wrong. But you seem to prefer being embarrassed by being shown you wee wrong to simply admitting it.

Figured I'd begin doing this week to week to showcase some of the finest stupidity this forum has to offer in the game day thread. Notice that a lot of these are the same people over and over again...

One play before a 3rd and 1 stop with 1:13 left to go in the half.

6+ minutes to go in the 2nd quarter.

McCourty's coverage was perfect on the play. The throw was better.

1:42 left in the 3rd, up 28-27.

Week 3.

12:14 left in the 4th.

Just under 8 minutes left in the 4th.

OMG thank you soooooooooo much!!
icon_lol.gif

If you actually find the time to do this every week, this'll easily become the best Feature of this Site. I am usually simply far too busy to spend the time trolling through the GameDay Thread in search of this Amusement, and it's a damned shame, because these Clowns are hilarious...The Idea that I could actually just look for your Thread every week, grab some PopCorn, and get ready to point and laugh at these Frothing, Floundering, Flaccid Fools is a Dream Come True!!

3 Cheers for Brother Contradiction!!
beer.gif

Viper and Babe still haven't figured out that "Holes" thing yet, I see.

. Tough throws down the field. [quote{ Overthrow of Allen on the first play.
deeo throw to a guy he isn't in sync with yet.
Yup and it's not the one you incorrectly assumed. If you paid attention you would have known the answer.

And after watching him 17 years you couldn't enlighten them?

No everyonr doesn't say that.

You should because you were wrong. But you seem to prefer being embarrassed by being shown you wee wrong to simply admitting it.[/QUOTE]

Whoah. Spell check much bro?

And yes, most analysts say QBs are known to go quick. That’s, like, common knowledge.

OK...I entered "Frothing, Floundering, Flaccid Fools" in Google images....heh...I love you, OTG...(not in a Socratic way, don't worry)

16 Years later, it's astonishing that there's even one *Fan left who's still oblivious to the fact that Coach Bill uses September as a developmental month.

Every single Year, the December and PlayOff Patriots prove to be Light Years better than the September Patriots...Yet every single Year, Frothing, Floundering, Flaccid Fools squeal all month long about how much Belichick, Brady, and the rest'f the Patriots suck...and then spend the rest'f the Year trying to defend their Idiocy!!
icon_lol.gif

You really ought to remove that sig from Gandhi. You wouldn't know the truth if it was Planet X getting stuffed up your ass.

Please leave me out'f your spat with Deuce Awry.

As the Ruler of Planet X, I can assure you: I don't think'f'm that way. ;)

16 Years later, it's astonishing that there's even one *Fan left who's still oblivious to the fact that Coach Bill uses September as a developmental month.

Every single Year, the December and PlayOff Patriots prove to be Light Years better than the September Patriots...Yet every single Year, Frothing, Floundering, Flaccid Fools squeal all month long about how much Belichick, Brady, and the rest'f the Patriots suck...and then spend the rest'f the Year trying to defend their Idiocy!!
icon_lol.gif

Well yeah, Billy has said you don't really know what you have until week 5 or 6. Problem is, the Ws and Ls still count for those weeks and seeding is a crucial factor.

You know, like when Billy rolled over in Miami and we had to go play in Denver and just barely lost there as Fetus Head went on to win the SB? Yeah, you remember.

Well yeah, Billy has said you don't really know what you have until week 5 or 6. Problem is, the Ws and Ls still count for those weeks and seeding is a crucial factor.

You know, like when Billy rolled over in Miami and we had to go play in Denver and just barely lost there as Fetus Head went on to win the SB? Yeah, you remember.

"Billy"?? As if you'd do anything but drop down on your knees in front'f'm if you ever saw'm in person!!
icon_lol.gif
If you can't roll with the punches and accept that there're 31 other Teams we're competing with, and that 5 Championships in 16 Years is an astonishing Gift that real Fans are grateful for, you really oughta give up following the Sport. Even Wins evidently exacerbate the Misery that is your "Life".

Now that’s funny. Well I had an epic Super Bowl comeback.

Does that count?

Exactly and that's what I hang my hat on because nobody at any age has ever done anything like that. Brady is a special dude. He is not going to fit into any 40 year old statistical model because he is playing better than any QB of any age ever has. He's the outlier.

Exactly and that's what I hang my hat on because nobody at any age has ever done anything like that. Brady is a special dude. He is not going to fit into any 40 year old statistical model because he is playing better than any QB of any age ever has. He's the outlier.

See I can’t dispute that. That’s how you think that’s fine. I felt the same way until that first pass went wayward to Allen. Made me perk up is all. And it really, contrary to some, didn’t get a whole lot better.

He is the outlier though and has righted the ship the past two games. What he did today was unreal and almost inhuman to be honest.

Lock up your daughters
Lock up your wife
Lock up your back door
Run for your life
The Grid is back in town
Don't you mess him around.......

Because he's OTG
He's dynomite
OTG
And he'll win the fight
OTG
He's a power load