PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The best of the game thread: Week 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's because it's not. He's whining because he's getting buried on the matter. It's the natural progression after he attempted to confront it with bravado in the last couple of weeks. Give it a few more weeks and he'll finally admit that he went a bit too far and all will be dropped and forgotten (by me at least).
Wait, where is his bodyguard?

I like the idea and it is funny, but why focus on the negative. Let's find the positive posters.

Hmmmm Even negative Duane Allen thoughts?
LOL, you got me. In my mind, however, those are more reality thoughts than negative ones. We shall see in the coming weeks (or months, if Allen is lucky).

Thanks for putting these together. They provide good entertainment value.

To be honest, I'm sure they were expressing the same frustrations we were all feeling. I don't think any of these posters have anything to feel embarrassed about.

That's because it's not. He's whining because he's getting buried on the matter. It's the natural progression after he attempted to confront it with bravado in the last couple of weeks. Give it a few more weeks and he'll finally admit that he went a bit too far and all will be dropped and forgotten (by me at least).

Nope not going to happen. I already admitted the 8-8 thing was a bit knee jerk in retrospect. You’ve explained away every bit of evidence I’ve provided to back up my comment. Every one. Links? Not enough. Malcom Butler saying he has stunk and vows to play better? Explained away. Sounds like you are sure trying to find common ground.

So it’s not whining. It’s calling it as it is.

Nope not going to happen. I already admitted the 8-8 thing was a bit knee jerk in retrospect. You’ve explained away every bit of evidence I’ve provided to back up my comment. Every one. Links? Not enough. Malcom Butler saying he has stunk and vows to play better? Explained away. Sounds like you are sure trying to find common ground.

Why Viper does this mean we're not friends anymore

s87jZ3A.gif

Last edited:
Again. It’s simple. You are taking people’s words and posting them only for embarrassment purposes. It’s also meant to force people to get in line with the group think mentality that’s starting to take root here. Soon, people will be afraid to say anything negative or off the cuff because it will be put into a post such as this. What incentive is there to voice your own opinion even if it’s ridiculous? Only to be told you have to say “I was wrong and this will all go away.”

Group think at its finest.

If having your own words attributed to you without comment is embarrassing, then that's kinda on you. Stop writing embarrassing stuff and the problem fixes itself.

One of the problems of the human condition is that we are all fallible. One of the weaknesses of that human condition is the we all, at one time or another, get so caught up in a position that we simply can't stop ourselves, even though we're well past the point where that should have happened. You're in that position right now, so I say the following without malice, and solely in an attempt to get you to re-set your brain on this subject, and to get you out of a bad situation that you don't need to be in:

You really need to take advantage of this opportunity to just shut the hell up.

It's not "explaining it away", it's showing that your excuses and examples that you've given to back up your absurd post have happened even when said players have played well in wins. Again...

You were saying? Team is junk. Too many holes. Nothing you can hang your hat on and say that's good.

Team is cooked. Butler can't over anymore (nothing new even in lreseason). Brady can't throw better than 45 percent. (He is 40.) D is a sieve.

Add in the injuries that contribute to the above and you get what we see. An 8-8 team.

Underlined points for emphasis. There is nothing... nothing... in that post that indicates that you were simply talking about the Week 1 version of the team as opposed to the team as a whole. You even walked back the 8-8 point and are now essentially admitting that it really was a prediction for the entire season. If that was the case, then surely the rest of the post must have been as well. There literally is zero explanation for this post outside of two possibilities:

1. You need a remedial English course (unlikely since your posts are typically well enough constructed).

or

2. You panicked and, in your panic, you constructed the worst post in the history of this forum during a Week 1 contest in which the team was fresh off of a Super Bowl victory and had won two of the last three.

Again. It’s simple. You are taking people’s words and posting them only for embarrassment purposes. It’s also meant to force people to get in line with the group think mentality that’s starting to take root here. Soon, people will be afraid to say anything negative or off the cuff because it will be put into a post such as this. What incentive is there to voice your own opinion even if it’s ridiculous? Only to be told you have to say “I was wrong and this will all go away.”

Group think at its finest.

giphy.gif

One of the weaknesses of that human condition is the we all, at one time or another, get so caught up in a position that we simply can't stop ourselves, even though we're well past the point where that should have happened.

And coming from Deus, this is HUGE!!!
(i kid, i kid) :D
(mostly)

I'm fairly new here (haven't posted much), but I've been lurking for several years. Hilarious to see this compilation.

Those game day threads though?

200_s.gif

I've turned down the chance to meet a President and British Royalty, I doubt if I would be all giddy around Billy. Celebrity doesn't impress me much.

Apparently your med dose needs to be upgraded. Get back to me after that change and we'll discuss this again.
You passed up a chance to meet Lincoln, and Queen Victoria!

I'm good with this. I don't think it'll make me want to go to the GDT, but it's a good thing.

TFB orchestrated the most improbable comeback on the grandest stage...I'd say he's slightly earned the benefit of the doubt.

You passed up a chance to meet Lincoln, and Queen Victoria!
Watch it. Babe has delt with bigot gutter trash before and he always “comes out on top”

Comes out on top. Hmmm ? Like with his boyfriend or something ?

a little off topic but since it was brought up...I've never had the chance to meet the president. Not ANY president of anything , and that's OK. I'll tell you all a little secret though....I'd ride a mile on a double humped camel for just one date with Dorothy Hamill...:D

9687b20a1bcc127d93b945f27426a246.jpg
One of my first real crushes .... actually saw her skate the year before her gold medal at an exhibition at a small rink in Stamford CT.

Now, back to the topic at hand:

Fk you.
No, fk YOU!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick