PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The best of the game thread: Week 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
2. You panicked and, in your panic, you constructed the worst post in the history of this forum during a Week 1 contest in which the team was fresh off of a Super Bowl victory and had won two of the last three.

Definitely in the bottom 5, but there were some real gems on the 2008 Trade Brady thread that I still maintain will never be topped

Definitely in the bottom 5, but there were some real gems on the 2008 Trade Brady thread that I still maintain will never be topped

My subconscious either forcibly expelled this thread from my memory or I wasn't as active here back then, cause holy ****....

Someone find a link.

I'm not against being critical of the team when it's deserved at all. What I AM critical of are posts as absolutely ridiculous as yours was. Just own it, admit it, and move on. Your explanations and attempts to walk a terrible post back aren't fooling anyone here. Well, except for Babe... and he's gone now.

Exactly. Nothing personal against GTS, there, but not everybody who's not a Liberal is a Conservative, and not everybody who points and laughs at Chicken Littles is a mindless Drone who believes that the Patriots can do no wrong.

I take a back seat to no man in my willingness to scream in Horror when Mad Bill torches another perfectly good 2nd Round Pick on a 5th String Safety...But that doesn't translate into my forgetting that Mad Bill is a mad Genius.

My subconscious either forcibly expelled this thread from my memory or I wasn't as active here back then, cause holy ****....

Someone find a link.

This has been the top bookmark on my browser for almost a decade now, and it's staying there: The Official 'Trade Brady' Debate Thread - Do Not Start Another One

The thing to really remember here is that this is just the master thread that Ian eventually created to quarantine all the idiocy, since a bunch of these threads were popping up at the time. Some of the worst offenders aren't in this thread, because this thread was contained in response to them. But some of the scorching hot takes in this one are brutally stupid as well.

Also funny to look back and see how many of the most egregiously stupid posts were made by people who went on to get themselves banned. Which, honestly, I wasn't even aware was a thing that could happen here.

How amazing of a pass rusher is Demarcus Lawrence on that d line? Can you believe we drafted Easley 2 spots ahead of this stud...ouch. Guy is a one man wrecking force

I thought it was originally "Trade Bardy!", BFTW...I thought Samaritans was gonna open a satellite thread here to treat all the hysterics.

I hope we still have a chance in the Div?

Exactly. Nothing personal against GTS, there, but not everybody who's not a Liberal is a Conservative, and not everybody who points and laughs at Chicken Littles is a mindless Drone who believes that the Patriots can do no wrong.

I take a back seat to no man in my willingness to scream in Horror when Mad Bill torches another perfectly good 2nd Round Pick on a 5th String Safety...But that doesn't translate into my forgetting that Mad Bill is a mad Genius.

Nothing wrong with legit criticism of Bill, Kraft and the players (and there absolutely should be when deserved) but going off the rails in the 1st 3 weeks is just silly.

Half our team is still in pre season mode. Literally 3 games in and we're 2-1. Not a bad spot at all considering all the moving parts.

I've said this before but the league as a whole is ****. Not that I care but someone disliked that comment about the league a few days ago and I can't imagine how. Sundays have become almost unbearable to watch in terms of a quality product.

Pats are just fine.

LOL, the sad thing is, I often think these things, even for a split second, in my mind as I watch the game. However, in my defense I ventured into the game day thread once several years ago and vowed never to return (a promise I have kept), and I forget all negative thoughts and threats once the Pats score again.

Of course you think negative things after a play when really negative things happen. My reaction for a few seconds is "My team sucks", but then reason intrudes emotion and I'm on to the next play. Criticism in the game thread is common and cathartic, and some quips are quite funny, but then there are habitual offenders who go WAY over the top and are a black cloud of negativity who stubbornly refuse any self examination.

I absolutely love the concept of this thread. It's long overdue. It would not exist had some few morons week after week not made the game thread into a sewer.

The funniest thing about the Trade Brady thread is that guys were all in on the Matt Cassell bandwagon. Trade aging immobile Tom Brady who only had a couple more years left, keep scrambling Matt & load up on draft picks. The irony was that in pre-season many Patsfans were screaming for Matt to be cut because he looked so bad.

I sure wouldn't mind seeing Tavon Wilson suit up in the place of the detritus that is Jordan Richards.

I sure wouldn't mind seeing Tavon Wilson suit up in the place of the detritus that is Jordan Richards.

FvJ-featured-art.jpg

The funniest thing about the Trade Brady thread is that guys were all in on the Matt Cassell bandwagon. Trade aging immobile Tom Brady who only had a couple more years left, keep scrambling Matt & load up on draft picks. The irony was that in pre-season many Patsfans were screaming for Matt to be cut because he looked so bad.

Imagine, this was 9 years ago. What does that say about Brady?

There was a post there where someone defending Brady opined something like "Well, we better get used to the fact that in a few years Brady will be 37 or 38 and we'll just have to move on."

Just did a quick Cassell search. Pretty funny stuff in there.

Including this gem. :D

"Please do not criticize.
Some fans have just watched their 1st few football games and need to learn the ropes. Like who is Tom Brady, what has he ever done and why is he starting."

When Do We Turn To Matt Cassell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back