PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Speculation: BB could leave after 2021

Seems a bit unrealistic that Belichick would walk away from coaching as the Patriots are spiraling downward while Brady is 3-peating in Tampa Bay.

Clown post of the year

Last edited:
BB fcked us. He kicked Brady out and now he realizes what a monumental task it is to rebuild without a QB and he's realizing he's done. And wants to chill on his boat.

Even more sinister, BB realizes that the more seasons he loses without Brady (and Brady wins without him) he looks more and more like a chump so better call it quits quick

At this point I won't be surprised if he resigns next month, let alone after this year.
So you want to him to stay and rebuild which you think he isnt good enough to do anyway . Not sure what he can do if you want to kill him either way ? maybe become a linebackers coach or waterboy ?

the real issue and nobody is willing to address...the size of BB's man boobs. They are getting bigger every year. What's up with that and I am concerned. Time he invest in "The Bro"
Manssiere.

Where there is smote theres fire.

Hard to believe that Kraft was not upset watching what would have been his 7th championship and vocal to Belichick about the decision to let Brady walk. Krafts actions and statements have always been to allow Brady to play until he retires as a Patriot. Belichick says next to nothing, but Linda Holidays tweet about Brady not throwing a TD vs Green Bay in the 2020 NFCC was telling.

Id say its the beginning of the end for BB. Hes been in NE over 20 years. Like Brady, BB has earned the right to leave whenever he decides its time.
Kraft has said all along he knows when Bill is done, and he isn't telling. I certainly would not be surprised if he did, at his age. I really wonder if the younger athlete thing is something Bill struggles with.

Is it finally dawning on entitled Pats fans that it is GAME OVER for the foreseeable future? Cheapskate Krafty Bob backed the wrong horse in this BB vs Brady battle. Matty P as HC with Bill the GM?! sCam back at QB?! LMAO. Talk about a train wreck. Congrats, you are now the Detroit Lions! Oh, did I mention mullet boy Stevie B as your DC? Ludicrous. Jonathan better wake the eff up, seize control of the Titanic and steer it away from the oncoming iceberg. Fire the entire coaching and GM staff and reset completely. Is Bienemy available? What a friggin dumpster fire this is.

Kraft has said all along he knows when Bill is done, and he isn't telling. I certainly would not be surprised if he did, at his age. I really wonder if the younger athlete thing is something Bill struggles with.

IMO I think their is a disconnect there that wasn't in previous years

There are many men in power that love to have their employees or staff competing with each other. I worked for quite a few (in a non-sports setting). I found it to be antiquated, divisive and unproductive. Obviously, in team sports when you're trying to make the team competition is required, but once they make the team, to continue to subject players to this constant pressure seems absurd.
I love that clip, I think it’s hilarious. But it would genuinely surprise me if Belichick would want to leave when he has such a clear challenge in front of him, I would be really surprised if that doesn’t inspire him.

If Belichick retires after next season then I will probably have a very bad taste in my mouth and lose some respect for him. Guy is a great coach and I am happy he's been our coach for 20 seasons, but it just sucks we got rid of Brady and then BB backed out of coaching here only a season or two later. It just sucks, but maybe a culture change is eventually needed.

If Belichick retires after next season then I will probably have a very bad taste in my mouth and lose some respect for him. Guy is a great coach and I am happy he's been our coach for 20 seasons, but it just sucks we got rid of Brady and then BB backed out of coaching here only a season or two later. It just sucks, but maybe a culture change is eventually needed.

If Belichick knew he was going to quit at age 70, it's even more strange that he'd let Brady go instead of retiring with another couple rings.

Looking at the 2021 schedule they can definitely make it to the SB this season. 2022 schedule looks a little tougher so who knows.

Document 7.jpg

Agreed...but he will be 69 in 2 months. IMO it's ok if he sucks going forward....he earned it. 69 YEARS OLD!!!

Agreed...but he will be 69 in 2 months. IMO it's ok if he sucks going forward....he earned it. 69 YEARS OLD!!!
He's a short timer. I guarantee Jonathan is looking for his replacement as we speak.

He's a short timer. I guarantee Jonathan is looking for his replacement as we speak.

and their is nothing wrong with that. "You play to win" ... if that's not in the cards then you move on.

Oh. Well I just take that as a little hyperbole. Certainly no great stretch to think they might win another one over the next couple of years though for sure. I think the larger point is just that you would think Belichick would be motivated by the challenge rather than deciding now is the time to hang it up.

Oh. Well I just take that as a little hyperbole. Certainly no great stretch to think they might win another one over the next couple of years though for sure. I think the larger point is just that you would think Belichick would be motivated by the challenge rather than deciding now is the time to hang it up.

Crawdud may have been exaggerating a bit. I agree that another title for TB is certainly possible in the next couple years.

As far as Belichick is concerned, he may not have the energy anymore for a rebuild. He's been coaching since 1976...almost 45 years.

Crawdud may have been exaggerating a bit. I agree that another title for TB is certainly possible in the next couple years.

As far as Belichick is concerned, he may not have the energy anymore for a rebuild. He's been coaching since 1976...almost 45 years.
Yeah, long time. I mean obviously none of us know the guy. But I just feel from an outsiders perspective if anything is going to invigorate you it would be the current circumstances.

If the Bucs keep the band together, they're repeating next year. I also have confidence that they'll draft some players that will actually contribute like they did with Wirfs, Winfield Jr. and Tyler Johnson. Vaughn is also a guy who could contribute next year.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back