PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Speculation: BB could leave after 2021

If the Bucs keep the band together, they're repeating next year. I also have confidence that they'll draft some players that will actually contribute like they did with Wirfs, Winfield Jr. and Tyler Johnson. Vaughn is also a guy who could contribute next year.

———
Most complete team in football. 14-2 should be very doable if they keep their team together.

If the Bucs keep the band together, they're repeating next year. I also have confidence that they'll draft some players that will actually contribute like they did with Wirfs, Winfield Jr. and Tyler Johnson. Vaughn is also a guy who could contribute next year.

———
Most complete team in football. 14-2 should be very doable if they keep their team together.
People said the same thing about the Chiefs last year.

A lot can happen in ~360 days

Bucs are in good cap position, but that is offset by the fact that they have fewer players under contract than any other NFL team.

On top of that teams historically tend to often look to sign free agents off last year's super bowl winner.

Clown post of the year
I wasn't being entirely serious about the 3-peat but since you're ragging on the notion... it's sorta doable.

It's futile doubting Brady anymore even at ages 44 and 45. Whoever skill position players they may lose to free agency there will be twice as many equitable replacements waiting to sign-on for a chance to win a Super Bowl with Brady. Their defense is one or two DB's away from being all-time elite. And WGASA special teams... three phases... that's Team Belichick bullsh*t.

Conjecture, speculation, assumption...it's all the same. All we know is that Belichick in the past has said that he doesn't want to coach past 70. Anything other than that is pure guesswork on our part.
As I noted earlier in this thread, he walked that back in 2019.

I'm afraid to ask who Jimmy Stewart's source is but it doesn't matter.

If Bill doesn't find a franchise QB and has a 1/2 ass FA and draft class and overall sucky 2021 I can totally see him resigning/retiring and exiting gracefully.

Anything is possible at this point.
I'm afraid to ask who Jimmy Stewart is.

LOL, three-peat?

Please go place your bet on that happening - with a screenshot of your wager here - and put your money where your mouth is.

Vegas and the online sites will be more than glad to accept the bet, knowing that a fool and his money are soon parted.
Not sure I’ve seen a more consummate loser than crawhammer on these boards (Okay maybe Deus)

LOL, three-peat?

Please go place your bet on that happening - with a screenshot of your wager here - and put your money where your mouth is.

Vegas and the online sites will be more than glad to accept the bet, knowing that a fool and his money are soon parted.
They won't 3peat but 1 more is possible

On top of that teams historically tend to often look to sign free agents off last year's super bowl winner.
Yep. I see Barrett and David bolting for money. Possibly Godwin as he had a down year.

Y'all must not listen to this man every time he has a "scoop" on the Celtics.

Not sure I’ve seen a more consummate loser than crawhammer on these boards (Okay maybe Deus)

shrug_n.gif

Read your own posts and you'll have done it.

There are many men in power that love to have their employees or staff competing with each other. I worked for quite a few (in a non-sports setting). I found it to be antiquated, divisive and unproductive. Obviously, in team sports when you're trying to make the team competition is required, but once they make the team, to continue to subject players to this constant pressure seems absurd.

"Subject players to this constant pressure"?

He made an off-hand remark saying "way to compete" after Welker said Edelman can have the punt-return job. That was about as mild as it gets.

Gotta be honest - 100% of why I supported keeping Belichick over Brady (assuming it was an either/or thing) was the expectation that Belichick would be in the league at least a few years past Brady's retirement.

If Belichick retires within 1 year of Brady (before or after) that entire premise falls apart for me and I'm going to be supremely annoyed because I like Brady a hell of a lot more than I like Belichick.

They are stacked every which way. They have cap, can create more cap if they need to, have a great young core especially in the secondary, guys want to play there, cake schedule next year, ton of moxie after curbing stopping the Chiefs. Oh and they have the GOAT.

———
15-2. 17 game schedule next year.

• ThankU!
Reactions: sb1
Kraft has said all along he knows when Bill is done, and he isn't telling. I certainly would not be surprised if he did, at his age. I really wonder if the younger athlete thing is something Bill struggles with.
It seeming like the rumors are fact that Brady wanted to quit after the Eagles Super Bowl and that Kraft, BB and Brady had plenty of heated arguments.

Brady always had a clear path to Kraft and right over BBs head. I can't imagine BB liking that much.

It seeming like the rumors are fact that Brady wanted to quit after the Eagles Super Bowl and that Kraft, BB and Brady had plenty of heated arguments.

Brady always had a clear path to Kraft and right over BBs head. I can't imagine BB liking that much.
This Brady relationship deterioration is 100% part of Bill's legacy. He handled it like he was any other player, unlike the handling of LT where there were two sets of rules, LT rules and everyone else's. I am a big believer that Bill is the greatest coach in the history of the game, but, IMO, he really fouled this up.

"Subject players to this constant pressure"?

He made an off-hand remark saying "way to compete" after Welker said Edelman can have the punt-return job. That was about as mild as it gets.
God forbid professional athletes are pressured to perform.

Gotta be honest - 100% of why I supported keeping Belichick over Brady (assuming it was an either/or thing) was the expectation that Belichick would be in the league at least a few years past Brady's retirement.

If Belichick retires within 1 year of Brady (before or after) that entire premise falls apart for me and I'm going to be supremely annoyed because I like Brady a hell of a lot more than I like Belichick.
It might not be Bill's choice to call it quits

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back