PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Speculation: BB could leave after 2021

I agree with all of this, which means they need talent at WR, TE, QB, DL, and LB. That's a lot of talent to get in 1 year, with QB being the more difficult one.

Last year these are the WR free agents we signed: Damiere Byrd & Marqise Lee. That's not going to cut it.

I guessed an 8-8 record this past season. I'll go to a 9-7 this season w/o knowing who the QB will be. I'm not hopeful.
Yea who knows. Just gotta see how it plays out.

Are you saying a middle of the road QB will win us the division or a chance at the playoffs? I think the bills are still favorites to take the division and miami should be much improved.
I think a coachable QB who does what is asked, and for lack of a better term, works within the system, is likely what is needed to get them back in the mix. Tom Brady 2.0 is not walking in that door.

Maybe Stafford knew about the plans for Patricia already and that’s why he said no. Lol

Maybe Stafford knew about the plans for Patricia already and that’s why he said no. Lol
I think it's more like he got a taste with the BB imposter Patricia and didn't want to play for BB. In addition, I think he sees what we see that there's nobody to throw to.

Ok, just checked: He's 38 wins behind Halas and 48 wins behind Shula. It will take him probably 4 to 5 years to pass both and become number 1 all time. He'll be here for at least that long and if I had to guess, maybe an extra year or two.
I would think he wants to be around to be able to enjoy being inducted into the hof which at that time he'll be around 80.
I hope he's around that long. It all depends on what happens with this rebuild the next 2 years. Not too many coached into their 70s.

Well the previous rumor was that Patricia was an OC candidate if McDaniels left, so maybe that's even worse.

Ok, just checked: He's 38 wins behind Halas and 48 wins behind Shula. It will take him probably 4 to 5 years to pass both and become number 1 all time. He'll be here for at least that long and if I had to guess, maybe an extra year or two.
I would think he wants to be around to be able to enjoy being inducted into the hof which at that time he'll be around 80.
It's more likely that he needs 5-7, even with a quick turnaround. He'd need to average more than 12 wins a season in order to pass Shula in 4 years.

BB is the great coach ever. He has been one of the worst GMs in the NFL at drafting and trading since 2013

i have zero confidence in him being able to draft a future star player

BB is the great coach ever. He has been one of the worst GMs in the NFL at drafting and trading since 2013

And that's what I don't understand. A good man knows his limitations. If you're not good at something go out and get help from the best there is out there. He has the resources to do it. Another case of Bill's arrogance getting in the way.

One thing that brings some credence to this rumor is that some people who worked with Patricia in Detroit are following him to the Patriots. Evan Rothstein who served a Ernie Adams type role for Patricia in Detroit has already been reported. Mike Reiss reported in his Sunday notes column that others are likely to follow specifically mentioning Billy Yates the former Pats OLinenan who was the assistant OLine coach in Detroit.

Also, we don’t know that McDaniels was passed over for Patricia. Perhaps, it was offered to him but with Bill still being in the picture as GM he declined like Belichick didn’t want the Jets job with Parcells lurking. McDaniels is actually in a good situation. He’s being paid like a HC and his position seemingly would be secure with either Bill or Matt as HC. He and Ziegler can take their time and take the next best opportunity that presents itself.

Yea. His player acquisition strategy is terrible. Since 2013 they only went to went to 5 AFCCG, 4 Super Bowls and won 3.

Not sure I’ve seen a more consummate loser than crawhammer on these boards (Okay maybe Deus)
Your unprovoked personal attack is the first time I noticed you even existed. Reading through your recent content I can see why. You seem to fancy yourself a Patriots fandom elitist who takes great pride in cheap shots and douchebaggery articulations.

Yea. His player acquisition strategy is terrible. Since 2013 they only went to went to 5 AFCCG, 4 Super Bowls and won 3.
Your team can make it to those games despite your player acquisition strategy. Belichick's drafts have been pretty weak to awful since 2013. He did make some moves that worked out quite well heading into the 2014 championship season. Obviously Revis and Browner. Even Brandon LaFell worked out for that one season. See, Bill's not a total loser.

You can make the case it was because of the main core built from 2010-2012 and late returns from the 2009 class. While Vollmer gave us early returns in 2009, Edelman and Chung finally started to get it in 2014. Take away most of those guys, and it's tough sledding for Bill and Brady.

You can make the case it was because of the main core built from 2010-2012 and late returns from the 2009 class. While Vollmer gave us early returns in 2009, Edelman and Chung finally started to get it in 2014. Take away most of those guys, and it's tough sledding for Bill and Brady.
I really don't feel like cut-n-pasting links from pro-football-reference and the patriots.com transaction page to publish the freaking volume of talent Bill has brought in here since 2012.

I really don't feel like cut-n-pasting links from pro-football-reference and the patriots.com transaction page to publish the freaking volume of talent Bill has brought in here since 2012.
I don't blame you. It's probably not that long. :p

Even Brandon LaFell worked out for that one season. See, Bill's not a total loser.
Would've had Steve Smith if the weather was safer to fly and the Ravens didn't hold him hostage. Emmanuel Sanders was going to sign with the Pats had Bill gave him Amendola's contract (according to Sanders) or just been more aggressive (according to his agent). LaFell was decent in 2014, but not shocked he flamed out soon after.

I think most most of us are referring to core blue chip type players like HT, Jones, Vollmer, DMac, Hernandez and Gronk being the most important of them all. Most of the draft picks from 2013 that we're b****ing about are guys who could be easily replaced. Collins, Thuney and Flowers are the best from 2013-. That's the cutoff, not 2012.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back