PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Semi OT: Flores suing NFL and NYG. Texts from Bill involved in the suit.

My guess is his case against Miami is weak and there is no evidence and by putting all this other stuff into the mix he is inflating the case and the reach. This is inflategate . I have a lawyer I use and when he sues, he puts every possible defendant in the mix and lets them figure out liability amongst each other. They turn on each other etc. Ultimately they all chip in some money at the end.
Yeah that’s standard.
It would be very interesting to hear, specifically, what Flores wishing to win from the lawsuit.

Doesn't look like anything damning but I am no legal expert. It looks like Bill accidentally let the cat out of the bag that the NYG already hired Daboll before even interviewing Flores. Effectively making a mockery of the Rooney rule and wasting Flores's time.
I even question BB's true intention here. We're talking about a coach that is meticulously prepared and coaches his players on how to treat the media and never divulge too much info or say the wrong thing. We're expected to believe he was this careless? I just have a hard time believing that.

It is really hard to litigate intent. It seems Flores filed this based on emotion and not on whether he could win.
We can't treat this as some court case where things like evidence of accusations are in play, because when it comes to discrimination and employment law we know that patterns and statistics are taken quite seriously in deliberations. Things like 70%+ of NFL players are black, but only 1 HC out of 32 is black, those are compelling arguments to courts because they show a pattern. The NFL will have a chance to account for this seeming statistical anomaly. God help them if they make the sorts of arguments you read in this thread.

I even question BB's true intention here. We're talking about a coach that is meticulously prepared and coaches his players on how to treat the media and never divulge too much info or say the wrong thing. We're expected to believe he was this careless? I just have a hard time believing that.
Hell I did this same thing last week, sent a message to the wrong person. I had two boxes open and thought I was typing in the other. It was nothing but this does happen all the time. Bill got the wrong Brian. Honestly what he wrote is not that big of a deal, Flores is just offended but that is his issue. The Giants met the NFL rule and broke no law. The Giants owed and owe Flores nothing.

We can't treat this as some court case where things like evidence of accusations are in play, because when it comes to discrimination and employment law we know that patterns and statistics are taken quite seriously in deliberations. Things like 70%+ of NFL players are black, but only 1 HC out of 32 is black, those are compelling arguments to courts because they show a pattern. The NFL will have a chance to account for this seeming statistical anomaly. God help them if they make the sorts of arguments you read in this thread.
So the Giants and Broncos are racist because they did not hire Flores?

What's the over on first round picks forfeited by the Lolphins for this mess?

You don’t understand the Rooney rule, do you? NFL teams are required to interview two minority candidates from OUTSIDE the organization. The Giants interviewed Leslie Frazier and Patrick Graham, but Graham was an in house candidate. The Flores interview was meant to satisfy the Rooney rule.

So a team interviews 5 black coaches from the inside and hire one without conducting an interview with two black coaches from the outside are racist… gotta love it :rofl:

I get that but the anchor is the Giants and Broncos being racist.
This is not a regular suit between parties. It's a Class Action suit. They are trying to show patterns of discrimination. That's all I'm saying. People in the comments above are arguing about the evidence that Flores needs to produce. But the standard for this suit requires evidence but also a pattern of behavior. So statistical studies will be a part of this.

So a team interviews 5 black coaches from the inside and hire one without conducting an interview with two black coaches from the outside are racist… gotta love it :rofl:

I didn’t make up the rule

And the Rooney rule is not a law. The only place that can act on the rule is the NFL. The Broncos and Giants met it so end of story. I see this part as trying to inflate a case against Miami that does not seem to have any evidence to support it yet. I hereby christen this inflategate
They filed a class action discrimination suit against the NFL over their minority hiring practices. Clearly they have a good case given the NFL minority hiring practices are shyt.

…LETS SEE WHAT TOMLIN GOTTA SAY

What percentage of NFL players choose coaching as a career?
What percentage of high school or college players choose coaching as a career.
Those are the numbers pertinent to the racial makeup of head coaches, not percentage of players.

I mean... I don't know how many companies get sued and respond by saying "IDK, maybe it's true, let's find out!"
Lol, still, if the NFL wanted to project an honest, caring organization they would say "we are quickly investigating the allegations, which are concerning if true."

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back