PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Semi OT: Flores suing NFL and NYG. Texts from Bill involved in the suit.

I wonder if he also has evidence that Ross fired him because he said no to this scheme. Flo will be set for life!

Last edited:
If Flores has proof of this, Ross should settle with him for whatever he is asking. This could be a federal crime if true. Ross could do real jail time.
Flores should have gone to the FBI and worn a wire

This is horrible for the nfl! 100k per game tank??? Dolphins ownership is shameful!

The NYFL is racist. We know that but we've been ignoring it for many years.

Edit: I agree that the Rooney rule is a joke.
I think its one redeeming aspect is that it DOES give HCing candidate the chance to hone their interview and presentation techniques, so they will be ready when and if these jobs are offered on pure merit.

Actually quite the opposite. Trying to read their minds is nitpicking. Daboll was not hired when Flores interviewed.
BBs text actually confirms that because he says “I hope it with out if that’s what you want”. There isn’t a question of whether he wants it or if it will work out if he is hired.
If they offered him the job and he has not yet accepted of course they keep interviewing.

Why would the Giants keep the interview with Flores if Daboll was locked up? There is no reason for them to do the interview if he is locked up.
Just look at who they hired as their GM

Let's rewind the last 24hrs

Brady Retires
Flo claims racism vs the Giants, Broncos and Fins
Flo claims his fmr owner wanted to take a dive
Hue Jackson claims his owner PAID him to take a dive
The WFT changed their name who also have serious issues they need to still answer for.

I'm sure more is coming.
i bet Rodgers finally comes outta the closet "let me be me"

Hahaha
Yea, that's the entire point of the lawsuit. They only interviewed him to satisfy the Rooney rule. It was a sham interview since decision was already made.
Glad to see you're finally catching up after 38 pages.
They interviewed him before hiring Daboll. You will note that when Flores was asked directly why he went through with the interview he hesitated then said because he thought he had a chance.
Where in the Rooney rule does it say you have to be interviewed before the guy you ultimately hire?
If it’s not a violation of the Rooney rule what is it a violation of?
Can you sue a company for interviewing you?

I can't wait till a ref speaks up and says he was paid off. Then watch the flames come out of the dumpster.

They interviewed him before hiring Daboll. You will note that when Flores was asked directly why he went through with the interview he hesitated then said because he thought he had a chance.
Where in the Rooney rule does it say you have to be interviewed before the guy you ultimately hire?
If it’s not a violation of the Rooney rule what is it a violation of?
Can you sue a company for interviewing you?
It is really hard to litigate intent. It seems Flores filed this based on emotion and not on whether he could win.

problem is they (owners) are a self governing entity. No way they are going to hold another owner accountable on this issue because i would say 90% of the franchises have skirted the Rooney Rule in one way or another.
Yup, but sometimes they eat their own, all depending on the influence of the owner. Mara and Rooney are untouchable. But if the others decide Ross and Haslam are bringing to much negative attention to the league, I could see them being forced to sell. The owner of the Panthers had to sell when the sexist stuff in the organization became public. If courts get involved this could get bad.

Just look at who they hired as their GM
Why does that matter?

Let’s assume that when they hired the GM they fully expected to hire Daboll. Let’s assume they went as far as offering the job to Daboll and were negotiating a contract.
Other teams were interested in Daboll. Why is there anything wrong with interviewing every candidate possible up until the day he signs on the dotted line?
Let’s assume they were set in Daboll but hadn’t completed the Rooney rule requirements. They proceeded to complete them. If you institute a rule saying you must interview x number of y before making a hire, the process isn’t completed until you make the hire.
The argument seems to be that dunce they lived Daboll they shouldn’t have interviewed others to meet the requirement.

The requirement doesn’t prevent you from believing Daboll is your perfect candidate and negotiating to wrap him up while you fulfill the requirements of the Rooney rule.

Why does that matter?

Let’s assume that when they hired the GM they fully expected to hire Daboll. Let’s assume they went as far as offering the job to Daboll and were negotiating a contract.
Other teams were interested in Daboll. Why is there anything wrong with interviewing every candidate possible up until the day he signs on the dotted line?
Let’s assume they were set in Daboll but hadn’t completed the Rooney rule requirements. They proceeded to complete them. If you institute a rule saying you must interview x number of y before making a hire, the process isn’t completed until you make the hire.
The argument seems to be that dunce they lived Daboll they shouldn’t have interviewed others to meet the requirement.

The requirement doesn’t prevent you from believing Daboll is your perfect candidate and negotiating to wrap him up while you fulfill the requirements of the Rooney rule.
Look at Josh McDaniels bailing on the Colts. A deal is not done, till it is done

It is really hard to litigate intent. It seems Flores filed this based on emotion and not on whether he could win.
I don’t understand what violation they are suing over or what law was broken regarding the giants and broncos.
I do understand if they were filing a wrongful termination lawsuit.

It actually sounded from his interview this morning with his lawyers that they want the NFL to change the rules and it’s a PR mission.

I don’t understand what violation they are suing over or what law was broken regarding the giants and broncos.
I do understand if they were filing a wrongful termination lawsuit.

It actually sounded from his interview this morning with his lawyers that they want the NFL to change the rules and it’s a PR mission.
My guess is his case against Miami is weak and there is no evidence and by putting all this other stuff into the mix he is inflating the case and the reach. This is inflategate . I have a lawyer I use and when he sues, he puts every possible defendant in the mix and lets them figure out liability amongst each other. They turn on each other etc. Ultimately they all chip in some money at the end.

Look at Josh McDaniels bailing on the Colts. A deal is not done, till it is done
Exactly. We have to stop beginning with the assumption that every white person is a hateful racist and everything bad that ever happens to a minority is due to racism.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back