PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Semi OT: Flores suing NFL and NYG. Texts from Bill involved in the suit.

My guess is his case against Miami is weak and there is no evidence and by putting all this other stuff into the mix he is inflating the case and the reach. This is inflategate . I have a lawyer I use and when he sues, he puts every possible defendant in the mix and lets them figure out liability amongst each other. They turn on each other etc. Ultimately they all chip in some money at the end.
As a lawyer I cringe at this, lol.

Lol, still, if the NFL wanted to project an honest, caring organization they would say "we are quickly investigating the allegations, which are concerning if true."
Not a great legal strategy because now your investigation becomes part of the case. In effect you are investigating yourself and an investigation saying you did no wrong would be laughed at.

Ask a season ticket holder that question. A season ticket in the "72 Club" - Miami's lower box seats - range from $17,500 per seat to $35,000 per seat. How many people pay that kind of money to watch a game fixed by the owner? If I were a season ticket holder, I'd sue.

I’m sure they’d take tanking and losing that season to have burrow instead of tua but we not gonna talk about that

Lol, still, if the NFL wanted to project an honest, caring organization they would say "we are quickly investigating the allegations, which are concerning if true."
Yeah, they could have simply said they will defend against the allegations and not comment on if they are "with or without merit" at all. But it's the NYJFL, they rarely do the most sensible thing.

Yeah, they could have simply said they will defend against the allegations and not comment on if they are "with or without merit" at all. But it's the NYJFL, they rarely do the most sensible thing.
Goodell is the only commissioner of a major sport without a law degree, so...

Exactly. We have to stop beginning with the assumption that every white person is a hateful racist and everything bad that ever happens to a minority is due to racism.
I would think that both can exist :
(1) there is a relevant racist element that acts as a true force within the ranks of the owners and
(2) not every single white person is a racist that must be punished.

What percentage of NFL players choose coaching as a career?
What percentage of high school or college players choose coaching as a career.
Those are the numbers pertinent to the racial makeup of head coaches, not percentage of players.
In 2019, all but 2 NFL head coaches had played in college and/or the NFL.

Last edited:
:rofl: :rofl:

If he was serious that clown lawsuit is enough I don’t know who told him to go on tv like that
The interview tour is a terrible look. He does not even sound prepared.

If Flores has proof of this, Ross should settle with him for whatever he is asking. This could be a federal crime if true. Ross could do real jail time.
trying to throw games indeed could be a mess, based on actual LAWS rather than violations of a silly interviewing policy.

So a team interviews 5 black coaches from the inside and hire one without conducting an interview with two black coaches from the outside are racist… gotta love it :rofl:
They aren't racist, but they are in violation of a NFL rule.

NFL just settled a case in civil court for close to a $billion with Saint Louis, in large part because they violated one of their own rules.

Ironically enough, if the situation you suggest was the norm, there'd be no need for the rule, and since it isn't the norm, you're showing why it's needed.

Maybe teams should just work on doing what the rules say till the rules get changed?

It all depends on how BB knew it. I'm on hiring committees all the time. We know to conduct the entire process. Precisely for situations like this. if you invite a candidate, you can't give the job to someone else prior to the conclusion of the process. This is basic stuff. We don't even do evaluations or talk about our preferences until the appointed time. The most we do is say, "They were great, fantastic!" Sure you glean stuff from that, but you don't give the job
Exactly, or as Bill would say, "Do Your Job!".

The interview tour is a terrible look. He does not even sound prepared.
Love Flo but he lacks polish and i'm wondering if he attorneys prepped him on any level.

Sheesh.

:rofl: :rofl:

If he was serious that clown lawsuit is enough I don’t know who told him to go on tv like that

I don't know if it's a clown lawsuit or not. I have to see the evidence that both sides bring to the table.

Love Flo but he lacks polish and i'm wondering if he attorneys prepped him on any level.

Sheesh.
I think this is better. Flo came across as humble and honest. As someone who cares about the issue more than his career. Better than some fast talking suit that comes across as prep'd. Also, he's fighting the "angry black man" perception, so prevalent in these situations.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Back