PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Semi OT: Flores suing NFL and NYG. Texts from Bill involved in the suit.

This was raised earlier in the thread, just floated past my Twitter timeline...

Stop comparing Flores to Kaepernick, FFS. Kaep sucked ass. Flores had proven himself as a promising young, up and coming coach. I mean, ****, he had a winning season in Miami. Also, Flores' accusations are pretty specific, which makes them easier to verify. While I'm not a huge fan of the Rooney rule, the Giants f'd up here by leaking they'd made their decision before they interviewed Flores. If BB is texting congrats, that meant it was a done deal and no rational person is going to believe the Giants went into that interview with Flores with an open mind after seeing the BB text.

That verifies Flores' claim that the interview was a sham. Rooney rule or no Rooney rule, the Giants made Flores sit through a sham interview and had no intent to hire him. The stuff with Watson and Ross seems easily verifiable upon a little investigation. Believe it or not, you CAN be a disgruntled ex-employee and still be perfectly justified in your disgruntlement. While he may not be able to prove the bribery to tank scheme, the situation with Watson can be verified and Ross immediately loses credibility once it is. Add to this, he just fired a coach who had a winning season for a ****ty organization who hasn't won much of anything lately.

Whether he gets another job in the league or not, if I'm Flores, I can't take this sitting down. Just based on what's been made public, he has a legit beef. Kaepernick sucked. We have his stat sheet to verify it and whether you agree with it or not, kneeling during the anthem was against the rules. **** Colin Kaepernick. He's the reason guys like Flores, who have legit beefs, get hung out to dry.

Did the MLB settle with the players yet?

This ****show in the NFL right now is horrible. Two QB's, one who most never thought would make it, and the other makes it in his second year, are getting completely snubbed by the sports media in favor of this garbage, TB's on/off retirement debate and Mahomes losing the AFCCG.

Bring on baseball.........

Stop comparing Flores to Kaepernick, FFS. Kaep sucked ass. Flores had proven himself as a promising young, up and coming coach. I mean, ****, he had a winning season in Miami. Also, Flores' accusations are pretty specific, which makes them easier to verify. While I'm not a huge fan of the Rooney rule, the Giants f'd up here by leaking they'd made their decision before they interviewed Flores. If BB is texting congrats, that meant it was a done deal and no rational person is going to believe the Giants went into that interview with Flores with an open mind after seeing the BB text.

That verifies Flores' claim that the interview was a sham. Rooney rule or no Rooney rule, the Giants made Flores sit through a sham interview and had no intent to hire him. The stuff with Watson and Ross seems easily verifiable upon a little investigation. Believe it or not, you CAN be a disgruntled ex-employee and still be perfectly justified in your disgruntlement. While he may not be able to prove the bribery to tank scheme, the situation with Watson can be verified and Ross immediately loses credibility once it is. Add to this, he just fired a coach who had a winning season for a ****ty organization who hasn't won much of anything lately.

Whether he gets another job in the league or not, if I'm Flores, I can't take this sitting down. Just based on what's been made public, he has a legit beef. Kaepernick sucked. We have his stat sheet to verify it and whether you agree with it or not, kneeling during the anthem was against the rules. **** Colin Kaepernick. He's the reason guys like Flores, who have legit beefs, get hung out to dry.
Kaepernick led his team to a Super Bowl. Flores has yet to even lead his team to the playoffs.

trying to throw games indeed could be a mess, based on actual LAWS rather than violations of a silly interviewing policy.

Annnnnd here you go:

Burn, baby, burn!

I wonder if Harbaugh pulling a 180 on Minnesota has anything to do with this? I say that only because it would then reinforce the narrative of the whole token interview process and Harbaugh looks at his situation in Michigan where he's considered God and just doesn't want to deal with it.

Well **** - Volin actually has a good point (can't believe I'm saying that???)... it does kind of read more like Bill is saying he misread a text from someone else telling him who got the NYG job...
Here is my wild guess theory:

There is about a 2 hour gap between Flores asking "are you talking to Brian Flores or Brian Daboll" and Belichick's apology/response to that question.

I think Belichick has contact(s) at the Giants who told him they were hiring Brian. Belichick thought it meant Flores so he texted his congrats to Flores. Once Flores asked Belichick that question, Belichick had his "oh crap" moment and went back to the Giants contact to clarify what was meant. Once it was straightened out, he had to go back to Flores with his apology where he blamed himself for misreading a text.

Just a theory.... not even really sure I buy it myself since it doesn't mesh with BB communicating with Buffalo....

Here is my wild guess theory:

There is about a 2 hour gap between Flores asking "are you talking to Brian Flores or Brian Daboll" and Belichick's apology/response to that question.

I think Belichick has contact(s) at the Giants who told him they were hiring Brian. Belichick thought it meant Flores so he texted his congrats to Flores. Once Flores asked Belichick that question, Belichick had his "oh crap" moment and went back to the Giants contact to clarify what was meant. Once it was straightened out, he had to go back to Flores with his apology where he blamed himself for misreading a text.
Yeah, who knows the context - they could’ve just said “Brian” and he misunderstood which Brian.

Volin’s interpretation makes more sense because Bill initiated the conversation by saying he heard Flores “landed somewhere” - this makes less sense for Daboll since he was still employed as the Buffalo OC, whereas Flores was out of work and in need of a job.

If the Giants were the Jets, I would think Belichick did it on purpose, but the Giants
Did give Belichick a couple of SB losses.

I do not see Belichick making this type of mistake.

Maybe this is his way of getting Flores back, because after he went after the Dolphins and Giants, his next HC opportunity probably won’t happen anytime soon.

Just my opinion….. no real facts

It’s hilarious reading cult of the coach believers spin the senior moment that landed their hero as a central witness in a class action lawsuit.

How plugged in is bb that he knows who the giants are hiring four days before it is announced?

Whoever told bb the giants were hiring dabold should be exposed publicly. Then they should follow the bread crumbs back to ownership.

Kaepernick led his team to a Super Bowl. Flores has yet to even lead his team to the playoffs.

Kaepernick led his team to a 3-16 record in his last two seasons and didn't break a 50 QBR in either. I mean, Joe Montana led the 49ers to way more. I guess somebody, SOMEBODY should give the Montana a chance, right?! Don't discriminate against the man's age.

Pro sports are a "what have you done for me lately?" profession if there ever was one. Kaepernick sucked and if he was going to "lead" any team to a Superbowl again, he'd have GMs begging for him to play. Winning trumps everything. Just ask Kansas City and Tyreke Hill.

Dolphins owner was match fixing

Yes, they can. The NFL measured the air pressure of footballs the year after Deflategate, and never released the results.
Hardly the same thing.

I think this actually explains why the "blacks" are not being hired to coach. It is simple actually. Brilliant, why did I not think of it?

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
Back