PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Semi OT: Flores suing NFL and NYG. Texts from Bill involved in the suit.

Kaepernick led his team to a 3-16 record in his last two seasons and didn't break a 50 QBR in either. I mean, Joe Montana led the 49ers to way more. I guess somebody, SOMEBODY should give the Montana a chance, right?! Don't discriminate against the man's age.

Pro sports are a "what have you done for me lately?" profession if there ever was one. Kaepernick sucked and if he was going to "lead" any team to a Superbowl again, he'd have GMs begging for him to play. Winning trumps everything. Just ask Kansas City and Tyreke Hill.

Anyone here can access my takes on Kaepernik, and they are not in the "pro" category. But Kaepernick led his team to a Super Bowl. Flores has never led his team to the playoffs. Nothing you posted here does anything to change that reality.

Last edited:
Goodell is the only commissioner of a major sport without a law degree, so...
With a law degree, you view things differently and act differently with respect to risk tolerance and risk mitigation. You take a nuanced view of things that affects everything. I wrote that as someone who went to law school later in life ( part time at age 40). It is evident from his actions that Goodell would have been better served had he gone to law school rattan intern with the JETES.

With a law degree, you view things differently and act differently with respect to risk tolerance and risk mitigation. You take a nuanced view of things that affects everything. I wrote that as someone who went to law school later in life ( part time at age 40). It is evident from his actions that Goodell would have been better served had he gone to law school rattan intern with the JETES.
how? he's an IDIOT and a pathological liar. His entire family of powerful lawyers and extremely successful entrepreneurs refuse to even have a perfunctory relationship with the ginger goon. He's claimed in print he graduated Summa Cum Laude from Washingto & Jefferson at the top of his class. I accessed his record back in 2009, after he claimed on the Roy Firestone Show that he was a lawyer, and found he was a C Minus student over his four years, taking nothing more than generic business courses in a program designed for the idiot offspring of wealthy families to matriculate "successfully".

I documented decades of his pathological lying right here at Patsfans. It's archived somewhere here. Look, the Billionaire Boys Club of 32 needed a catspaw to insure their golden goose continued to lay ever larger golden eggs...in this respect he has been a HUGE success. In the PR world he's a complete POS moron. He's the idiot willing to take all the arrows of hypocrisy and greed flung at the "Shield". EVERY owner is extremely satisfied with the ginger Goon being the faceplate of the league.The PERFECT MORON.

Anyone here can access my takes on Kaepernik, and they are not in the "pro" category. But Kaepernick led his team to a Super Bowl. Flores has never led his team to the playoffs. Nothing you posted here does anything to change that reality.
Cam did too.

Not sure if this has been mentioned. Haven’t gone through every page. How long before the cries for an NFL draft lottery start making the rounds, and if they do, how do ya’ll feel about it?

The big thing is the 100k accusation but the media will focus on the race card garbage. I was hoping we could get Flores back as DC but not now that he has exposed himself as Kaepernick II.

So what does this mean for BB?
It means that, at some point Belichick will be deposed by Flores' counsel and he'll be asked who told him about Daboll being hired as the Giants HC. BB still has a ton of contacts in the Giants organization. BB isn't one of the people named as a defendant.

Paragraph 15 of the complaint - Stephen Ross allegedly asked Flores to recruit a prominent QB in violation of hte league's tampering rules. Hmm, I wonder who that could be...from that point on he was ostracized by the Dolphins owner.
It's already been rumored that it was Brady.

The big thing is the 100k accusation but the media will focus on the race card garbage. I was hoping we could get Flores back as DC but not now that he has exposed himself as Kaepernick II.
How do you come remotely close to getting that he's "Kaepernick II"? Unlike Kaepernick, Flores didn't void his contract. Ross voided it for him by firing him after Flores refused to break league rules. Pretty sure that firing someone for refusing to cheat is against the Code of Conduct that owners are supposed to follow. The other things is that if Flores received an extra $500K beyond what he was supposed to receive and put that money in an account and never touched it, then there is proof of Ross' duplicity.

The texts from BB to Flores show that the Giants weren't serious with their interview with Flores or Leslie Frazier. That they were just formalities to satisfy the "Rooney Rule". This supports what Flores says in his lawsuit.

The BIGGER reason that BB won't hire Flores is that it would bring into question Belichick's reliability as a witness.

The Rooney rule is racist/discriminatory, both in intent and practice. The irony of someone claiming racism because the spirit of a racist rule was being violated is amusing, but not surprising.
It is NOT discriminatory to say that you have to INTERVIEW people of a particular race to ensure that they are given a fair shake when, in the past, the league hasn't done so. It would be racist/discriminatory to say that you have to HIRE people of a certain RACE or disregard people of a certain race from being hired.

So the Rooney rule's a sham.
How is it a sham if Frazier (who is black) was fairly considered for the Job alongside Daboll? The question is, moreso, whether or not Frazier and Flores were fairly considered. It's not looking like they were since it would seem that BB knew that Daboll was going to be the one before either Flores or Frazier had their in person interviews.

I don't think the Giants thing will go anywhere at all. Not seeing much they did wrong.
If the Giants made it known to staff that Daboll was going to be hired prior to the in person interviews with Flores and Frazier, then the Giants are guilty of breaking the Rooney Rule.

The minuet that GM was hired everyone knew who he was coming **** not everything is racists they were a package deal anywhere they went
It doesn't matter. The league still has it's rules. Even the Raiders followed them this time.

If I'm understanding correctly, Flores will need the "prominent quarterback" to back up his story concerning the tampering.
If it is Brady, as is being rumored, then I have ZERO doubt in my mind that he'd back up the story. Especially after the way the league treated him during the Deflategate Sham.

Wait the Giants interviewed Leslie Frazier and Patrick Graham before interviewing Flores man this dude basically Kaepernick with this bull ****
Wrong. Patrick Graham was an in house candidate and doesn't count under the Rooney Rule. Leslie Frazier's in person interview took place AFTER Flores' interview, which would mean that it was also a sham since the decision had already been made and people told about it.

Proof doesn't matter to the NFL. Deflategate proved that.

BUT when it comes to the owners they will brush this under the rug just like all the Washington wizards emails. Maybe someone who insulted goodell will be fired like gruden was. But the owners will never be touched
Proof matters in Federal Court during a CIVIL lawsuit. And that's where this will play out.

Or…………. He’s playing the ROLE of an old fool who doesn’t know who he’s texting. When in fact, he knew exactly who was receiving the text…. Because he sees this is BS and Flores > Daboll. Wasn’t Flores congratulated a thousand times as he left, whereas there was a bit of a tiff with Daboll ?
There was no tiff with Daboll after he left the 2nd time.

C'mon, man, if this becomes anything like a genuine threat to the league rather than some damn ugly media content, they will totally circle wagons and protect their own.

Remember what Krafty Bob said, it's about the 32, and Ross is one of the 32.

Yep.. Because they sure circled the wagons for the 49er owners, Eddie DeBartolo.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
Back