PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Semi OT: Flores suing NFL and NYG. Texts from Bill involved in the suit.

I think this is better. Flo came across as humble and honest. As someone who cares about the issue more than his career. Better than some fast talking suit that comes across as prep'd. Also, he's fighting the "angry black man" perception, so prevalent in these situations.
Good point. Maybe he strategy was to keep him "real" and authentic

Not a great legal strategy because now your investigation becomes part of the case. In effect you are investigating yourself and an investigation saying you did no wrong would be laughed at.
I take your point but the internal investigation would be privileged and therefore the NFL would have no obligation to produce those records because they were prepared in furtherance of litigation.

I take your point but the internal investigation would be privileged and therefore the NFL would have no obligation to produce those records because they were prepared in furtherance of litigation.
No way they would get to keep it secret if they go public announcing they are going to investigate, and then never announce the results.

The amount of losses he amassed in spectacular fashion.
Ah. But they weren’t tanking when he was there, and he tanked the tank job with the jete

No way they would get to keep it secret if they go public announcing they are going to investigate, and then never announce the results.
Hahaha
They just did exactly that with WFT investigation. Not even a written summary.

holy crap 42 pages. I know by now it's been covered, but no, this text is not a smoking gun against BB, unless you mean whether he can still be an assistant on the Gintz staff. He got told to text somebody and texted somebody else. To his credit, he didn't "know" which one got the job. Guilty of not drinking enough coffee.

But I love how the headline instinct is "Brian Flores says the NFL is racist, and here's how that's Bill Belichick's fault."

Hahaha
They just did exactly that with WFT investigation. Not even a written summary.
Wait a year. They'll put out a report saying that they don't know which football team you mean, the Washington team is the Commanders.

Ah. But they weren’t tanking when he was there, and he tanked the tank job with the jete
Yes, I meant that time frame...sorry. With Hue Jackson coming out putting the Browns on blast for doing the same thing I'm going to assume it may be a widespread practice.

I think the class action part is looking for others " similarly situated" to be plaintiffs.. Didn't Hue JAckson come forward today and say he was getting bonuses for losing in Cleveland?? Sounds like he could be added.
No one needed to pay Hue extra for losing. That was really a waste of money.

Another one Volin gets wrong.
Why would the Bills be involved if it was about Flores?
Timeline of Bills and Giants people telling BB they were hiring Daboll.

Owners and GMs tank all the time. Every season.
People, and leagues, can accept throwing a game or two in the sense of resting your best players, or sitting on the ball in week 17, or things like that. But they can't accept having coaches trying to lose with in game coaching decisions in the long term of a full season.

What’s up with Flores’ Lawyer’s lip? He looks like he got into a brawl.

Well **** - Volin actually has a good point (can't believe I'm saying that???)... it does kind of read more like Bill is saying he misread a text from someone else telling him who got the NYG job...

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back