PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Semi OT: Flores suing NFL and NYG. Texts from Bill involved in the suit.

Because that's how defendants typically respond to a lawsuit, Peter.

Never underestimate Peter King's ability to jump on an issue in pursuit of pats on the back for being an enlightened, woke old white guy. **** Peter King.

And **** the NFL for being the 32.

The racism claim is weak, but I still want Flores to take over for BB.

Racism claim has merit. Look at the dynamic of the league. There's really only one qualified African American candidate to lead a football team? Seriously?

It is freaking crazy to me that you have all these sons of NFL execs and coaches in high positions and this league has one black head coach.

It stinks to high heaven
Somebody on the board here described it as “a family business”… when the nepotism point was mentioned.

Like when Jefferson Davis’ brother held down the plantation in Vicksburg.

You have ta understand it was a family affair.

For the youngsters in the crowd....

'JIMMY THE GREEK' FIRED BY CBS FOR HIS REMARKS
By George Solomon

January 17, 1988
Jimmy (the Greek) Snyder, CBS Sports commentator, analyst and oddsmaker, was fired by the network yesterday after a controversial television interview Friday in which he said many blacks were superior athletes because of breeding from the time of slavery and that the only area in sports left for whites was coaching.
That was roses and sunshine compared to Al Campanis.

I don't see why the Giants are in trouble, they didn't do anything wrong. They were conforming to the Rooney Rule which forces teams to conduct sham interviews.
Dolphins need to be hammered. If they hammered Brady/Pats for the deflategate crap the Dolphins need to be blowtorched to hell.

When Flores got fired, I said he got hosed. Ross is a jackass, no doubt. But that doesn't imply discrimination in the firing. If a white coach had done the exact same thing, he'd have been fired too.

This is also creates a catch-22 we've seen before. When you hire a POC, you are putting yourself in the position where you may very well be called racist if you have to fire him. That's a helluva incentive not to hire one in the first place.
Not really, cause black ppl aren’t looking to call everybody racist, like you’re insinuating.

Typo “tanking” issue has nothing to do with racism.
I know what you meant. All good.
There is no way Ross would do that.
I dunno. Probably not and Flo just decided to go nuclear without even having the conversation.
It’s actually a class action suit against the NFL for racist hiring practices.
Yea probobly.
I would assume they are going to try to say Ross only hired a black coach because he wanted to tank and didn’t want a white man to get saddled with the losses.
Ugh. If so that seems like a very flimsy strategy.
As far as the Giants, it’s really pretty ludicrous to call what they did racist.
If Flo proves Daboll was hired t before he was interviewed then he has a chance.

I don't see why the Giants are in trouble, they didn't do anything wrong. They were conforming to the Rooney Rule which forces teams to conduct sham interviews.
I don’t think the Rooney Rule says anything about interviewing them BEFORE you interview your top prospect. Didn’t the Giants comply with the Rooney rule even without Flores.
The lawsuit appears to focus on the indignity of a black man having to endure an interview when a white man is going to get the job.

Flores - hired and cut his teeth in the most racist team in nfl and got hired because of it now going full scorched earth mode

That was roses and sunshine compared to Al Campanis.
I still can't get over how galactically stupid that was.

Sadly 35 years later you can count the number of AA GMs in MLB since that time on one hand.

If there is ANY chance it’s more than he said / she said re 100k per loss…. It would seem Miami has a problem. How can a team (and again, how are you going to prove this ?) actively admit to incentivizing losing ?
My humble observation

1) Let us bear in mind that a court filing is not testimony. While it is illegal for a lawyer to knowingly lie in a court filing, these are not exactly the most highly vetted facts/statements one can imagine
2) Should there be testimony on this issue, that would be under oath. If someone wants to lie under oath, they are playing with fire.
3) While the $100k thing is probably tough to prove, I imagine the yacht meeting with the mystery-QB would be very easy to establish as being true. All you'd have to do is check the schedules of the local masseuses on that day.....

I know what you meant. All good.

I dunno. Probably not and Flo just decided to go nuclear without even having the conversation.

Yea probobly.

Ugh. If so that seems like a very flimsy strategy.

If Flo proves Daboll was hired t before he was interviewed then he has a chance.
I think it’s more likely that Ross wasn’t stupid enough to give written instructions to tank than that Flores wouldn’t use that leverage to keep a job he wanted to have.

Well Daboll wasn’t hired until after the interview but even if they had a handshake agreement, what cause of action is there? You made me interview even though you probably had your mind made up? How is that actionable?

Racism claim has merit. Look at the dynamic of the league. There's really only one qualified African American candidate to lead a football team? Seriously?

Brian Flores' claim of racism is tenuous at best. He was hired as a young coach by the Dolphins. He has a claim of some shady shyt going down with the Dolphins, no doubt about that. It isn't racism.

Brian Flores lost out on a HC job to a white coordinator who is 6 years older than Flores. How did Flores get a HC job before Daboll???? Daboll has been as highly regarded as a coordinator (if not more) than Flores. Surely he should have been a HC before Flores.

I love Flores as a coach and desperately want him to take over for BB. But I don't see how his suit of racism has merit.

Believing SAT scores have anything to do with intelligence >>>>misinformed, or purposely distorting the facts to make a false case.
So what do they measure?

I hope we hire Flores back . Can he still coach if he is suing the NFL?

Yes. He might not though, if his lawyers tell him it weakens the case.

I knew a guy who filed a huge lawsuit against his employer, which included a wide range of unethical and criminal behavior on senior management, and showed up for work as if nothing had happened. His manager's manager approached him with "What the F are you doing here?" outrage, and the guy just said, "Same thing as you. Doing my job. Nothing about that has changed." When confronted about the lawsuit, he responded with the fact that the company had several lawsuits against suppliers underway but continued to do business with them. I've never seen a group of managers so confused about what to do for the next couple of hours.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back