PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Semi OT: Flores suing NFL and NYG. Texts from Bill involved in the suit.

I call bs there. No way a 1600 SAT and a 900 have the same rate of college success.
If you look at actual data, rather than data you want to be true, you'll see that extremely high SAT scores actually increase the likelihood of dropout, heavy drug use, inability to form the relationships necessary for college success, and being thrown out for honor violations.

So IF Ross tried to get Flores to meet with Brady on a yacht... And IF Brady was actually there and willing...

Does that mean Brady was trying to go to the Dolphins and was complicit in the tampering? Or am I misreading the supposed events.

We are only hearing Flores' version of events right now, but if this is all true he has displayed a shyt ton of integrity by telling Ross to screw when it came to tampering and losing games.

Because that's how defendants typically respond to a lawsuit, Peter.

Never underestimate Peter King's ability to jump on an issue in pursuit of pats on the back for being an enlightened, woke old white guy. **** Peter King.

And **** the NFL for being the 32.

The racism claim is weak, but I still want Flores to take over for BB.
Well said I hate Peter State the obvious Drama Queen.

This won't hold up in court, and it could potentially get him blacklisted. I don't get why he would do it. If you fail, many teams won't want to hire you.

Because the larger issue here is the Rooney Rule. Flores is likely acting on behalf of a number of AA coaches who are being systematically shut out.
This is worse for Miami (tampering, tanking) than for the Giants, it seems to me. Simply because if you have a Rooney rule as a box that you HAVE to check, it shouldn't be a stunner that some teams go through the motions to comply. I'm not saying it's right, but everyone knows it has gone on, and the argument has been that it's better for the minority candidate to have a practice interview and to at least get his name out there as a candidate, rather than not being involved at all.

Agreed.

The cause of Flores being racially discriminated. He feels he is being discriminated and is doing something about it.

Correct. Different matter. Why Flores introduced the tanking matter in his fining is confusing.
To introduce into evidence he was employed by an owner who created a hostile working environment.

The thousand dollar question is whether or not Flores has physical evidence that Ross bribed him to throw games in an effort to tank for Burrow.

I have a hard time believing a prominent law firm would name Ross in a suit like this without admissible evidence to support those claims. The Rooney Rule issue for qualified African Americans is much too important.

I think it’s more likely that Ross wasn’t stupid enough to give written instructions to tank than that Flores wouldn’t use that leverage to keep a job he wanted to have.
...or Flo was so shocked and taken aback by the firing and after contemplation he decided to go nuclear. He wasn't thinking about exercising leverage at that point. Maybe because of inexperience and being naive. Who knows.
Well Daboll wasn’t hired until after the interview but even if they had a handshake agreement, what cause of action is there? You made me interview even though you probably had your mind made up? How is that actionable?
It's actionable if he has evidence.

The qb can’t be Brady, or it wouldn’t be tampering since the yacht meeting was in the winter of 2020.

No but an awful lot of white people are looking to do precisely that.
Examples of Exploitative opportunism can be found for every social issue.

If anything it proves we need more of what Flores’, and others have been speaking on.

Also need fewer distractions like the irrelevant point you brought up on the white neolibs.

...or Flo was so shocked and taken aback by the firing and after contemplation he decided to go nuclear. He wasn't thinking about exercising leverage at that point. Maybe because of inexperience and being naive. Who knows.

It's actionable if he has evidence.
I’m talking likely not anything that could be possible.

How is it actionable? Is there a cause if action for having you go through with your interview while they work out trying to sign their top choice?

What?
You set up interviews. You find a guy you love. You start negotiating a contract with him while you conclude the interviews. You hire him after concluding interviews and no one beat him out.
There is absolutely no law against that. There isn’t even a morality or fairness question.

It isn't about law. It is about professionalism, and improving your odds of getting the best candidate. It is about business acumen.

If you do what you suggest, you never get to meet better people, never get to have a conversation about how different interviewers see the candidate, never get to think about it, and so much more.

Rushing to hire a guy you love in the moment is a guaranteed way to keep making the same mistakes, to hiring people in your own likeness when what you need is difference, and never knowing why you keep failing.

Ahahahahahhaha how convenient. Evidence you dislike is "by white supremacists". Ok there, "expert". Who do you work for, the SPLC?
Name your white supremacist, err, I mean expert. Name HIM

Well what happened here is nothing new this a known hiring tatic for Big Business.

If you look at actual data, rather than data you want to be true, you'll see that extremely high SAT scores actually increase the likelihood of dropout, heavy drug use, inability to form the relationships necessary for college success, and being thrown out for honor violations.
Again I call bs. Can you show something supporting that opinion?

100+ employees requires you follow EEOC laws, and that means you complete the process. And beyond that, if you have 50+ employees and do $50k in contracts with a public entity, you too have to follow EEOC laws.
And the EEOC laws say you have to cancel remaining interviews when you find someone you feel will be tough to beat out?

To introduce into evidence he was employed by an owner who created a hostile working environment.

The thousand dollar question is whether or not Flores has physical evidence that Ross bribed him to throw games in an effort to tank for Burrow.

I have a hard time believing a prominent law firm would name Ross in a suit like this without admissible evidence to support those claims. The Rooney Rule issue for qualified African Americans is much too important.
The tanking matter may also relate to race in the sense that an African American coach was set up to fail. You hire a stooge, he goes 2-14, you fire him. Jim Caldwell and the Colts. Who is expendable in such a scenario and why is he expendable? Say you hired Kyle Shanahan or Nick Saban? Do you ask them to throw games?

can you please link the data. im not taking a side just want to see this data

Steve FREAKIN' Belichick, PLEASE

So you've got nothing. You should have just acknowledged that from the beginning. Stop letting your politics blind you.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back