PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Semi OT: Flores suing NFL and NYG. Texts from Bill involved in the suit.

Brian Flores' claim of racism is tenuous at best. He was hired as a young coach by the Dolphins. He has a claim of some shady shyt going down with the Dolphins, no doubt about that. It isn't racism.

Brian Flores lost out on a HC job to a white coordinator who is 6 years older than Flores. How did Flores get a HC job before Daboll???? Daboll has been as highly regarded as a coordinator (if not more) than Flores. Surely he should have been a HC before Flores.

I love Flores as a coach and desperately want him to take over for BB. But I don't see how his suit of racism has merit.
Daboll was nowhere near a highly regarded coordinator in 2019. Every offense he led sucked until 2020-2021.

Flores could be suggesting that Ross was trying to force him to do things that Ross would never ask a white coach to do. Seems a hard argument to make, though. An owner like Ross thinks he ought to be able to tell ANYBODY to jump and only hear back "how high?"
The funny thing is that Ross' best defense just might be "hey I am not a racist, I am just a crappy owner and I treat all my HCs like doggy doo!"

I hope we hire Flores back . Can he still coach if he is suing the NFL?

He can coach anywhere, just not in the NFL while he is in a class action against them.

I'd love him back here because he was an exciting and very ballsy DC. Players loved playing for him.

But we all know what a sissy Kraft is- he hates to rock the boat and doesn't want to upset the other 31 Klansmen.

My humble observation

1) Let us bear in mind that a court filing is not testimony. While it is illegal for a lawyer to knowingly lie in a court filing, these are not exactly the most highly vetted facts/statements one can imagine
2) Should there be testimony on this issue, that would be under oath. If someone wants to lie under oath, they are playing with fire.
3) While the $100k thing is probably tough to prove, I imagine the yacht meeting with the mystery-QB would be very easy to establish as being true. All you'd have to do is check the schedules of the local masseuses on that day.....
Only here to say “oh snap” re the masseuses…

Is the NFL Combine a good predictor of player achievement? How did TB12 look back then?
One exception does not discredit the whole process. Obviously, an awful lot of really smart people think the combine does indeed provide a lot of value in predicting player achievement.

Test taking, actually. They were created to measure likelihood of success in college (explicitly NOT intelligence) but research has shown there is no correlation with college success at all.
I call bs there. No way a 1600 SAT and a 900 have the same rate of college success.

Racial differences in SAT scores>>>the tests are racist!
Racial differences in combine activities>>>but of course!

Seems legit
Could this post be any more stupid?

Intelligence is a social construct that we use inference to measure. Combine activities are directly observable.

So dumb, I mean, you typed this shiznit out and thought you were making a point...my god

Not really, cause black ppl aren’t looking to call everybody racist, like you’re insinuating.
No but an awful lot of white people are looking to do precisely that.

Intelligence is a social construct that we use inference to measure. Combine activities are directly observable.

So dumb, I mean, you typed this shiznit out and thought you were making a point...my god
Are combine skills a good predictor of NFL success, genius?

There are three issues here, right?
  1. Attempting to throw games
  2. Tampering with Brady while under contract
  3. Violation of the Rooney rule.
In terms of impact on the NFL, isn't that the order of significance? Any of you guys lose money on an NFL bet, ever?

If #2 is proven true (I don't think Brady will lie for Ross), that gives credence to the other two, because that's how humans operate.

He can coach anywhere, just not in the NFL while he is in a class action against them.

I'd love him back here because he was an exciting and very ballsy DC. Players loved playing for him.

But we all know what a sissy Kraft is- he hates to rock the boat and doesn't want to upset the other 31 Klansmen.
Enjoying your takes.

Hmmm.... we could use some draft picks form Miami!

Flores also alleges that Ross pressured Flores to recruit a “prominent quarterback” for the franchise, which would have been in violation of tampering rules. According to Joe Schad of the Palm Beach Post, that quarterback was Tom Brady.

I call bs there. No way a 1600 SAT and a 900 have the same rate of college success.

Par for the course. Do some research before making a Statement of Truth.
What's been proven is that emotional intelligence (resilience, optimism, and other competencies) are what make it possible.
Those also factor into how well a person does on tests, for what its worth.

There are three issues here, right?
  1. Attempting to throw games
  2. Tampering with Brady while under contract
  3. Violation of the Rooney rule.
In terms of impact on the NFL, isn't that the order of significance. Any of you guys lose money on an NFL bet, ever?

If #2 is proven true (I don't think Brady will lie for Ross), that gives credence to the other two, because that's how humans operate.

#1 and #2 should bring huge penalties. Those are both major "integrity" issues.

Brian Flores' claim of racism is tenuous at best. He was hired as a young coach by the Dolphins. He has a claim of some shady shyt going down with the Dolphins, no doubt about that. It isn't racism.

Brian Flores lost out on a HC job to a white coordinator who is 6 years older than Flores. How did Flores get a HC job before Daboll???? Daboll has been as highly regarded as a coordinator (if not more) than Flores. Surely he should have been a HC before Flores.

I love Flores as a coach and desperately want him to take over for BB. But I don't see how his suit of racism has merit.
Brian Daboll was **** before he went to BUF as an OC. His stints with CLE and MIA were awful.

Many of us had no interest in seeing Daboll as an OC here.

Brian Daboll was **** before he went to BUF as an OC. His stints with CLE and MIA were awful.

Many of us had no interest in seeing Daboll as an OC here.
That's because you hate white coaches. :D

In what should come as no surprise, the Giants, Dolphins, and NFL deny the allegations have merit.

You call intelligence a social construct in the exact same post where you clearly are insulting someone else's..... intelligence.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

What?
You set up interviews. You find a guy you love. You start negotiating a contract with him while you conclude the interviews. You hire him after concluding interviews and no one beat him out.
There is absolutely no law against that. There isn’t even a morality or fairness question.
100+ employees requires you follow EEOC laws, and that means you complete the process. And beyond that, if you have 50+ employees and do $50k in contracts with a public entity, you too have to follow EEOC laws.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back