PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

sanu released

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your argument was that people were blaming BB for Brown getting the axe. You continue to avoid the question of "which people?". In fact, reporters pointed the finger at Kraft for that.

You've basically acknowledged that I was not doing what you claimed I was doing regarding Sanu.

Harry is slow on the field. That's obvious. Maybe time, familiarity, and confidence will help him to play faster. But he's not there yet.

Meyers kept blowing routes last year, which is why his ass got pinned to the bench.

Brady wasn't designing the plays. Brady was largely shut out of game planning. Brady was basically told not to coach up the rookies, and to let the staff do that. Not only was that written by reporters, but we saw video of it, with Brady having to look to the sidelines when rookies screwed up. And it's not Brady's call to sit a WR on the bench for 2 games. That's on the O.C. and H.C..

So, basically, you're just making a lot of crap up.
I was responding to the people complaining Bill burned a 2nd for Sanu, avoiding the fact that he only got AB and Sanu because Tom was pouting.

Harry is 4.5 fast, that's not slow for a 225 pound receiver.

Meyers didn't speak Tom's hidden language of telepathy that only Edelman understood, and early in the year he was working with vets who were washed up (Gordon, Maurice Harris, D Thomas, Dontrelle Inman) instead of working with the rookies like Gunner and Jakobi... or guys that had the future in front of them. he didn't want them, he didn't want to see them.

Brady controlled the 2 minute offense, he decided who to throw too at all times. Something you would have learned had you listened to his Howard Stern interview. He played favorites. Brady screamed at Jakobi for giving up on a route (something AB and Sanu both did as well) and the next two games Meyers was pinned to the bench... don't be naive. Josh was imploring Tom to throw to the rookies by midseason to no avail.

All this is neither here nor there, if Gunner or Jakobi suck... or are worse than Sanu you were right and I was wrong. I doubt it, and Sanu is already gone.

Ok, I' ll dial back my rhetoric, about 90% of your responses made sense.
But you used a strawman to respond to the fact I stated about virtually no crappy - mediocre qbs being in a SB since pro- offense rules changes started in 2006.

Strawmen is the worst excuse for anything in online debates. Either something makes logical sense or it doesn't.

Foles? Wrong. Leading up to the SB Foles was playing qb better than just about anybody in the nfc.

So all pro amazing QB play comes and goes like magic? Joe Flacco, Jeff Hostetler, Mark Rypien... these guys were All Pro's... but only some of the time? Makes sense...

I agree 100% about team. The most significant thing personnel- wise that contributed to the Patriots dominance was Tom Brady. Thats inarguable. But the 2nd most significant thing is the fact that, year
after year,BB constructed a balanced team- in all 3 phases, the vast majority of starters were solid to good.

Agreed.

Whereas other teams would sink all their $ in half a dozen or so superstars, meaning there wasnt enuf $ left to field mostly good players at all the other positions. Peytons Colts, case in point.
But Brady gets some credit for that, by taking far less pay year in year out than he was entitled to. Because, like, BB, he was committed to winning. BB was exceptional on a bunch of different levels to create this.
His eye for talent is exceptional. You have to take fa signings, draft and trades all together. Next, nobody coaches em up like him. Tons of examples like Vrabel, Brown,Edelman etc. He sees things in players other coaches dont see. Next he gets players to buy in and play their best.
He puts them in positions to succeed. Next nobody schemes like him.
So I agree with you about TEAM. We disagree on the importance of qbs in todays game.

I don't see where we disagree, I've never ever claimed you didn't need good to great QB play to win a ring... but you can get that from lesser players of the offensive line, tight ends, defense and special teams are good enough.

The 2017 Eagles were the best team in the league all season, they won the ring... neither Nick Foles or Carson Wentz was or is anything special. Andy Reid had Alex Smith on the cusp on an NFL MVP award... TEAM matters first and foremost.

Last edited:
Sanu is going to be good for someone else this year. He's a good player that has had success everywhere he's gone. Except in NE, when he got hurt. I'm fine with releasing him, but nobody should be crapping on the guy. He tried to play through a lot of pain last year to help the team. It didn't work out. Sometimes moves don't. He's a good receiver who will help someone this year.

Stings because there were a lot of us that thought a 2nd rounder for him was way too much compensation... the injury was just bad luck, but then to not even be able to make the team the following year after having an entire training camp?

cant afford to flush 2nd rounders down the toilet like that... horrendous trade, but its funny to see people back peddling to defend it still

Last edited:
cant afford to flush 2nd rounders down the toilet like that...
right. How are we going to draft unheralded D2 safeties way ahead of where our draft gurus think they should go?

Tom Curran at Boston Sports gives a report on the Patriots success at WR incl Sanu

Good news...with Sanu gone we can sign Jordan Richardso_O:eek::p

Don't you put that evil on us Joker. As for Sanu, I have nothing positive to say about his time here except that he was a good teammate that tried hard. Horrible trade that just didn't work out.

The swath of damage done by the Antonio Brown circus continues. The mind blowing part of 2019 in hindsight is that the Patriots still won the division and finished 12-4.

So now the depth chart is Edelman, Henry, Meyers, Olszewski, Byrd and Slater.

We overthink TC tweets every year :) Its all fun though ;)

Realistically a veteran player going in TC on a substantial non guaranteed contract is always on the bubble,
so this could hardly be considered a surprise.

You're one of the guys who told Luuked and I we were wrong about Sanu being expendable aren't you?

Honestly, in situations like that I like to be wrong because you learn.

I was going back and forth on Sanu. Initially I wrote about him not being a lock before camp because nobody with a sizable cap hit without attached dead money should be considered one. And while he was really quiet through the early parts of camp he kept getting reps against our better CBs and also participated in side sessions with Newton, Edelman and White. I simply read too much into those additional reps during an offseason when reps were sparse due to COVID.

That is the nice thing if you don't just throw gut feeling against the wall but try to look at things with reason. You learn what you misread and adjust things for the next time around.

The swath of damage done by the Antonio Brown circus continues. The mind blowing part of 2019 in hindsight is that the Patriots still won the division and finished 12-4.

So now the depth chart is Edelman, Henry, Meyers, Olszewski, Byrd and Slater.

So now the depth chart is Edelman, Henry, Harry, Meyers, Olszewski, Byrd and Slater.

Fify. :):thumbsup::coffee:

GM Tompa demanded a say in personnel and his meddling cost NE cap space and reputation with his AB adoration.... and significant draft capital with his plan B .... Sanu.
Wonder how much Yoko was involved?

Homer is going to throw this early morning :coffee: thought out there. Isn’t it possible that Sanu’s release means the receiving corps is better than we think?

Last edited:
Homer is going to throw this early morning :coffee: thought out there. Isn’t it possibly that Sanu’s release means the receiving corps is better than we think?

Hope you are quick and flexible. Duck!

SMH at words like "disaster" and "horrendous" to describe this. Either be upset about his production, or upset that he's been released, but to be upset about both is just seeking out misery. You either don't want him on the team, or you do.

Yes, of course it could have been better - and? There's something like this most every year - a player who doesn't work out, or where the investment was far more than the payoff, or critical injuries. Happens multiple times a year, in fact.

Hope you are quick and flexible. Duck!

SMH at words like "disaster" and "horrendous" to describe this. Either be upset about his production, or upset that he's been released, but to be upset about both is just seeking out misery. You either don't want him on the team, or you do.

Yes, of course it could have been better - and? There's something like this most every year - a player who doesn't work out, or where the investment was far more than the payoff, or critical injuries. Happens multiple times a year, in fact.

BB can afford not to care about appearances. He admits error to himself and moves on. It’s a good approach. What if this Sanu was the same as pre-injury Sanu and Dough, Gunner and the others just got better?

Bill the GM strikes again. Another 2nd rd draft pick lit on fire and thrown out the window. Bill and his friggin Rutgers obsession. Manny Sanders says hello again, after BB being his usual cheapskate the first time around. Get ready to suck BB homers. "Tank for Trevor" is a real possibility. Has the game passed Billy by? 7-9 this season, get your popcorn ready. Offense is worse than putrid. Defense is average at best. It was fun while it lasted.
Are you gonna cry ?

Not a surprise to me: he's shot. This was a major miscalculation on B's part. "Even Homer nods," however, as Pope put it. As for the Sanu's face-saving "It was a money thing," that's nonsense. The money is nice, of course, but the move was precipitated by his demonstrated uselessness, not by financial concerns. He still talks a good game, but talk is cheap, and his contract, given his lapsed skills, was not. Good move: sequela, though, of a very bad one.

Sometimes you end up with corey dillon or wes welker, sometimes you end up with Mohamed sanu. It is what it is, hopefully another wr works out.

Are you gonna cry ?

I find this sort of predictable cheap shot despicable. If you have nothing to say, don't post. This sort of post accounts for the fact that I rarely come here any more. I will now expect your loutish fellow travelers to chime in with their own bs.

I find this sort of predictable cheap shot despicable. If you have nothing to say, don't post. This sort of post accounts for the fact that I rarely come here any more. I will now expect your loutish fellow travelers to chime in with their own bs.
I find people who post the same negative garbage over and over about how terrible everything is despicable. If they have nothing to say that is positive than why even bother posting here. Those sort of posts account for the fact that a lot of good posters dont want to post here anymore because of the negativity.

Sorry this place isnt up to your high standards and that posters here are loutish. It sounds like you have had issues with several posters. Maybe its you?

• Agree
Reactions: jah
I was responding to the people complaining Bill burned a 2nd for Sanu, avoiding the fact that he only got AB and Sanu because Tom was pouting.

Harry is 4.5 fast, that's not slow for a 225 pound receiver.

Meyers didn't speak Tom's hidden language of telepathy that only Edelman understood, and early in the year he was working with vets who were washed up (Gordon, Maurice Harris, D Thomas, Dontrelle Inman) instead of working with the rookies like Gunner and Jakobi... or guys that had the future in front of them. he didn't want them, he didn't want to see them.

Brady controlled the 2 minute offense, he decided who to throw too at all times. Something you would have learned had you listened to his Howard Stern interview. He played favorites. Brady screamed at Jakobi for giving up on a route (something AB and Sanu both did as well) and the next two games Meyers was pinned to the bench... don't be naive. Josh was imploring Tom to throw to the rookies by midseason to no avail.

All this is neither here nor there, if Gunner or Jakobi suck... or are worse than Sanu you were right and I was wrong. I doubt it, and Sanu is already gone.

I agree with your analysis of Brady's downside. One takes the good - of which there was a great deal -with the bad, of course. (And, let's be honest, everywhere I've worked, when somebody leaves, it's awfully convenient and ignoble but gratifying to blame him for the organization's shortrcomeings even before he's fully out the door.) In some cases, of course, as for example with Sanu, the criticism is on the money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes