PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

sanu released

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I have no problem with that pick either...I would've done the very same thing, or perhaps taken the Joisey Vagiants' offer of #s 40, 108 & 245 for #32, which reportedly had also been offered to NE...

Yeah that was the rumor that we agreed to move 32 but when the colts I believe passed on Brown we nixed the offer and took him instead.

Wrong, as usual.
Brady is accountable for his play on the field.
Belichick is accountable for trades, draft picks fa signing, roster building, coaching/ scouting/training staffs etc.
If you give Brady blame for throwing a bad pick, you also gotta give Belichick blame for making a bad pick or a bad trade.
Thats his job, not Bradys. Youre another poster here whos got an obvious agenda about Brady and qbs in general, like sb1.
Which gives you little credibility on anything nfl-related. Qb is by far the most important position in the nfl and its not close. Especially since the rules changes and points of emphasis the nfl has enacted since 2006. ( with the help of Polian, Dungy and Peyton but mostly because of the $ fantasy football brings in). The nfl has wanted high-scoring games since that time.
Whats ironic is Belichick saw this and realized having a great qb was now a much bigger advantage than b4 since qbs and wrs were far more protected. Since 2006, name me all the crappy-mediocre qbs who've even been to a SB, nevermind won one.
Crickets.
Yes, your Daddy, Belichick, has said numerous times qb is by far the most important position on any team.
Yet you like to keep bleating " its the most overrated position".
Youre not convincing anyone about your nfl knowledge with starements like that.
Yes, back in 1966, Qbs werent as important.
Jim Brown was the most dominant offensive player in the nfl.Times have changed.
Btw, I am as big if a Belichick fan as I am a Bradyvfan- and why wouldn't I be- theyre both the greatest who ever lived at their respective jobs. The difference between us is I give each their credit where its due and their blame as well.

That's one of the best posts I've ever read here. Thanks.

I think Brady said it best. He can't do Bill's job and Bill can't do his.

I don't think this particular tweet helps make whatever point you're trying to make...
A lot of people think we got a lot younger now that TB12 and Gronk are gone, but it's not true, we're still one of the oldest teams in the league.

Since 2006, name me all the crappy-mediocre qbs who've even been to a SB, nevermind won one.
Crickets.

Grossman Chicago 2006
Manning NY 2007
Manning NY 2011
Flacco Baltimore, Kaep 49ers 2012
Foles 2017
Goff 2018

depending on how the next few years go maybe also JimmyG last year.

That is not crickets and your point doesn't really hold up. Especially when players like Bortles, Tannehill or Keenum were close to get there as well.

Grossman Chicago 2006
Manning NY 2007
Manning NY 2011
Foles 2017
Goff 2018

That is not crickets and your point doesn't really hold up. Especially when players like Bortles, Tannehill or Keenum were close to get there as well.

I think a lot of this depends what one believes a mediocre QB is. A lot of the QBs you listed had overall mediocre careers, but absolutely had their moments that can be attributed to individual performance (meaning they weren't necessarily just carried by a strong roster). The two classic examples are both on this list: Flacco and Foles. They legitimately balled the **** out for the entirety of the postseasons they ended up winning the Super Bowl in. In my opinion, just having that door open of a QB elevating his game when it matters most makes him more valuable than "mediocre".

I'm mostly arguing pointless semantics here, but I think it's a disservice to Flacco and Foles, as much as I despise the former. I guess I could even toss Eli into that category. I actually saw a lot of Flacco in that 2017 Blake Bortles playoff run so I'm glad you brought him up even though he didn't make it to the Super Bowl--he got damn close, and had a lot to do with the success.

Grossman Chicago 2006
Manning NY 2007
Manning NY 2011
Foles 2017
Goff 2018

rapistburger!

I think a lot of this depends what one believes a mediocre QB is. A lot of the QBs you listed had overall mediocre careers, but absolutely had their moments that can be attributed to individual performance (meaning they weren't necessarily just carried by a strong roster). The two classic examples are both on this list: Flacco and Foles. They legitimately balled the **** out for the entirety of the postseasons they ended up winning the Super Bowl in. In my opinion, just having that door open of a QB elevating his game when it matters most makes him more valuable than "mediocre".

I'm mostly arguing pointless semantics here, but I think it's a disservice to Flacco and Foles, as much as I despise the former. I guess I could even toss Eli into that category. I actually saw a lot of Flacco in that 2017 Blake Bortles playoff run so I'm glad you brought him up even though he didn't make it to the Super Bowl--he got damn close, and had a lot to do with the success.

I am going with the career average and not with their peaks. This seems like the only fair way to answer the question about which mediocre/bad QBs have been to the SB.

I am sure you can find individual great games for the majority of NFL players no matter if they are starters or fringe players. Even QBs like Cassel, Alex Smith or even the much maligned Hoyer had stretches of above average / good play.

Consistency is what makes someone great/good.

We'll see this year wont we

No matter what happens from here I'll be grateful as anyone could be for BOTH of them. Bill the GOAT won't have Tom the GOAT and versa visa. Neither of them will be better off.

If I had to choose though I'd choose Brady for one simple reason. He's a GOAT player.

I am going with the career average and not with their peaks. This seems like the only fair way to answer the question about which mediocre/bad QBs have been to the SB.

I am sure you can find individual great games for the majority of NFL players no matter if they are starters or fringe players. Even QBs like Cassel, Alex Smith or even the much maligned Hoyer had stretches of above average / good play.

Consistency is what makes someone great/good.
Peyton was atrocious in '15 yet won the SB. He's the flip side of a Flacco who balled in the post season but had an avg career.

Has that gamble paid off? not so sure about that

Made 1 super bowl...
Hes got lots of yards...
they have two winning seasons
they have one 8-8 season
they have four >.500 seasons...

Tell me how that "gamble" paid off. The Falcons have had tens of thousands of sth default on the PSLs & they have terrible attendance ... they dont win games... they have a terrible defense... jones/ryan combo isn't putting fannies in the seats... but hey Julio has 12000+ yards receiving

Not sure I'm really seeing how this has paid off for them...

i think the core take away from that is more on the emphasis of how terrible BB is at evaluating WR talent, not the state of the Falcons franchise

i think the core take away from that is more on the emphasis of how terrible BB is at evaluating WR talent, not the state of the Falcons franchise
Maybe so.

He knew enough about wide receivers to go after Moss and Welker in 2007...

I think with BB one has to look at the associated cost of the player as well

Maybe so.

He knew enough about wide receivers to go after Moss and Welker in 2007...

I think with BB one has to look at the associated cost of the player as well

Welker was a steal for sure... 2nd rounder for him was genius, no doubt about it.. i dont think anyone could have predicted the level of success Welker would have here

Moss to me was an easy evaluation, everyone knew what kind of player he was. Granted, he started coming back down to earth on the raiders, but he still put up decent numbers and you could still turn on the highlight reel and see a lot of talent

Early on in the dynasty he drafted Dieon Branch, David Givens and Bethel Johnson (was David Patten drafted?).. but after them, its pretty uneventful with the exception of Edelman

Jury is still out on N'Keal Harry, really hoping he improves and he may get a lot more opportunities for those 50/50 balls from Cam than he would have from Brady

Last edited:
No matter what happens from here I'll be grateful as anyone could be for BOTH of them. Bill the GOAT won't have Tom the GOAT and versa visa. Neither of them will be better off.

If I had to choose though I'd choose Brady for one simple reason. He's a GOAT player.

Yeah but he only plays one position, albeit the most important position. He can't help elevate all players on the team. But BB can. Im not saying one is more important than the other. But if I had to bet who would be able to sustain the success better, I would have to bet on BB

Sanu will sign with someone after week 1. The Pats WR corps has me very worried. If Harry can play, then maybe, but without a TE threat, and no speed on the outside, yikes. Poor Edelman, he will be begging to get traded to Tompa by November.

It took a while, but we're fially learning something ... from: Mohamed Sanu opens up about difficult tenure with Patriots

“I tore a lot of stuff in my ankle,” Sanu added. “I was playing with some ligaments missing. It wasn’t stable. I couldn’t plant like I wanted to, cut like I wanted to. It was a lot.”

So the guy tried playing with an ankle without attached ligaments He should have gotten it fixed then instead of embarrassing himself.

It took a while, but we're fially learning something ... from: Mohamed Sanu opens up about difficult tenure with Patriots

“I tore a lot of stuff in my ankle,” Sanu added. “I was playing with some ligaments missing. It wasn’t stable. I couldn’t plant like I wanted to, cut like I wanted to. It was a lot.”

So the guy tried playing with an ankle without attached ligaments He should have gotten it fixed then instead of embarrassing himself.
Well once it was healed he really tore it up with San Francisco so it’s clear he’s a great player. Oh wait..

Well once it was healed he really tore it up with San Francisco so it’s clear he’s a great player. Oh wait..
Or, it never really healed right and it cost him his ability to play in the NFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down